Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mariab964

Cancer Patient and Family Desperately Need Financial Help and Car

Dear WACCOBB community,

A dear friend -- loved by all her know her -- is in need of help. Karen Deem has been in treatment for Stage IV ovarian cancer for nearly three years. Although she has insurance coverage for her standard medical treatment, she suffers greatly from side effects of her recent surgery and chemotherapy as well as a pre-existing disabling injury. Karen needs complementary care like chiropractic, acupuncture, and energy work to manage her symptoms. Despite working 16-hr days, Karen's husband can't afford her treatments or the additional help she needs at home. They don't receive any assistance from family. To make matters worse, Karen's husband was involved in an accident last week and totaled the couple's only vehicle. If you have a vehicle to donate or sell at low cost to the Deems please email me at [email protected] and I will put you in touch with her husband.

If you wish to make a donation directly to Karen's family to help with her care, please visit her Go Fund Me page at https://www.gofundme.com/eb7rq8. Although Karen remains in dire need of financial help, the medical history on this page is not up to date. Since having the surgery, Karen has been trying to heal and take chemotherapy, but she has suffered several setbacks. Receiving costly alternative treatments is crucial to her recovery.

Thank you.
    Maria
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    AllorrahBe

Re: Cancer Patient and Family Desperately Need Financial Help and Car

Maria, thank you for posting this and giving Karen's name... Many who will not respond to this post WILL pray for Karen and her family to come through this trying time with their faith and hope for the future intact. Grace Fellowship and Sonoma County House of Prayer pray for anyone who asks, any time, and will often go to the hospital or home to Be There for those who need healing and help. Please call 707/526-4020 or visit www.sonomagrace.org. By copy of this post I am requesting prayer for Karen and her family. Please keep us all advised!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mariab964: View Post
    Dear WACCOBB community,

A dear friend -- loved by all her know her -- is in need of help. Karen Deem has been in treatment for Stage IV ovarian cancer for nearly three years. Although she has insurance coverage for her standard medical treatment, she suffers greatly from side effects of her recent surgery and chemotherapy as well as a pre-existing disabling injury. Karen needs complementary care like chiropractic, acupuncture, and energy work to manage her symptoms. Despite working 16-hr days, Karen's husband can't afford her treatments or the additional help she needs at home. They don't receive any assistance from family. To make matters worse, Karen's husband was involved in an accident last week and totaled the couple's only vehicle. If you have a vehicle to donate or sell at low cost to the Deems please email me at [email protected] and I will put you in touch with her husband.

If you wish to make a donation directly to Karen's family to help with her care, please visit her Go Fund Me page at https://www.gofundme.com/eb7rq8. Although Karen remains in dire need of financial help, the medical history on this page is not up to date. Since having the surgery, Karen has been trying to heal and take chemotherapy, but she has suffered several setbacks. Receiving costly alternative treatments is crucial to her recovery.

Thank you.
    Maria
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email