Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Convention of people who shot Osama bin Laden

from borowitzreport.com:

SAN DIEGO (The Borowitz Report)—The San Diego Convention Center is hosting the first-ever convention of people who shot Osama bin Laden, with organizers expecting a turnout of between three thousand and four thousand.

According to organizers, the agenda of the convention is to help people who killed bin Laden market their story for books, movies, YouTube videos, and other media platforms.
    Tracy Klugian, who came up with the idea of the convention shortly after he killed bin Laden, in 2011, said that he hoped the weekend-long gathering would help participants to “take their experience of shooting Osama bin Laden to the next level.”
    “At the end of the day, this weekend is all about storytelling,” Klugian said. “I’ve met hundreds of guys who have great stories about the night they shot bin Laden, but they’re still a few workshops away from turning it into a decent TED talk.”
    He scoffed at the suggestion that the marketplace was saturated with people who shot the Al Qaeda leader, making it more difficult to monetize that fateful night in Abbottabad.
    “That’s like saying there can only be one ‘Hunger Games’ movie,” he said. “Trust me, killing bin Laden is a very powerful brand.”
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    MarilynO

Re: Convention of people who shot Osama bin Laden

How utterly nauseating and despicable. I would so like to believe humanity has evolved since the days when people watched public hangings and the bodies of outlaws were put on public display. But it seems we are only more technologically advanced and as depraved as ever.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    from borowitzreport.com:

SAN DIEGO (The Borowitz Report)—The San Diego Convention Center is hosting the first-ever convention of people who shot Osama bin Laden, with organizers expecting a turnout of between three thousand and four thousand.

According to organizers, the agenda of the convention is to help people who killed bin Laden market their story for books, movies, YouTube videos, and other media platforms.
    Tracy Klugian, who came up with the idea of the convention shortly after he killed bin Laden, in 2011, said that he hoped the weekend-long gathering would help participants to “take their experience of shooting Osama bin Laden to the next level.”
    “At the end of the day, this weekend is all about storytelling,” Klugian said. “I’ve met hundreds of guys who have great stories about the night they shot bin Laden, but they’re still a few workshops away from turning it into a decent TED talk.”
    He scoffed at the suggestion that the marketplace was saturated with people who shot the Al Qaeda leader, making it more difficult to monetize that fateful night in Abbottabad.
    “That’s like saying there can only be one ‘Hunger Games’ movie,” he said. “Trust me, killing bin Laden is a very powerful brand.”

3. TopTop #3
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Um, this is not serious, you know; Andy Borowitz is a brilliant comedian....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MarilynO: View Post
    How utterly nauseating and despicable. I would so like to believe humanity has evolved since the days when people watched public hangings and the bodies of outlaws were put on public display. But it seems we are only more technologically advanced and as depraved as ever.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-16-2014 at 01:37 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    MarilynO

Okay… well I feel dumb now…. not the first time Andy Borowitz has got me.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

You are right about this, even though the Borowitz piece was humor; the media just stirs it up. The old saying about journalism is still true: " If it bleeds, it leads."

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MarilynO: View Post