Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

"The Other 9/11"--Chile, l973, remember here in Sonoma County

As we mourn the loss of lives from 9/11 in the U.S., following is a report published today from a much worse 9/11--Chile, l973, during the time that I lived there. The following article includes quotations from myself and others. This year the Chilean courts finally accused the U.S. of collaborating with the fascist generals, by giving them the address of U.S. citizen Frank Teruggi, my friend. The role of the embassy should be to protect, not lead to the torture and execution of an innocent young man.
    Shepherd

<https://www.progressive.org/news/201...-frank-terrugi>
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: "The Other 9/11"--Chile, l973, remember here in Sonoma County

If I was given the choice of being able to "undo" only one of these two tragedies (9/11 Chile or 9/11 US) I would choose Chile.

It was far, far worse a tragedy than what happened in New York. Over 30,000 people were illegally detained, tortured, incarcerated, and then systematically murdered in a horrific act of genocide. Only 2,000 Americans died in the towers. The US government was directly involved in the coup that overthrew democratically elected Salvador Allende, which unleashed that genocide.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    As we mourn the loss of lives from 9/11 in the U.S., following is a report published today from a much worse 9/11--Chile, l973, during the time that I lived there. The following article includes quotations from myself and others. This year the Chilean courts finally accused the U.S. of collaborating with the fascist generals, by giving them the address of U.S. citizen Frank Teruggi, my friend. The role of the embassy should be to protect, not lead to the torture and execution of an innocent young man.
    Shepherd

<https://www.progressive.org/news/201...-frank-terrugi>
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email