Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    helenscott08

volunteers Wanted For NBCRP ORGANIZATION

Some of you may be familiar with the NORTH BAY CANINE RESCUE & PLACEMENT ORG which has been active for many years.

However, the Founder and Director, Hollie Lama, works a regular job and then in evenings and weekends attends to the NBCRP matters. Over a period of time the number of volunteers she has had have retired. This left her little opportunity to do all the things she would have done if she had more volunteers.

However, she does have a couple of volunteers who are still with her. One of these volunteers, Jean, has begun working on the web site for NBCRP. She has just posted many animals that are currently in shelters awaiting adoption.

PLEASE, visit the NORTH BAY CANINE RESCUE & PLACEMENT ORG.
    https://www.northbay-canine.org
    which has a form for volunteers to fill out and submit.

You will also find forms to FOSTER THE DOGS which she really needs. The NBCRP does not have a central area for the rescued dogs but depends on others to FOSTER THE ANIMALS. You will find all the information on the web page.

Many thanks for your time.

Last edited by helenscott08; 08-05-2006 at 09:10 AM. Reason: CORRECT text
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    saskia

Re: volunteers Wanted For NBCRP ORGANIZATION

hi...we may be able to cooperate.. i am individual rescuer in west marin...curretnly need to place 4 katrina dogs i have in foster here, then off for winter, then will be able to foster multiple dogs, incl. litters, in spring, when you have need. could i post my med. sized, young , latered and helthy doggies on your site? will be glad to split adoption fee , just need the best homes for these darlings right now..hope to hear from you or hollie...best, saskia.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by sassydog:
    Some of you may be familiar with the NORTH BAY CANINE RESCUE & PLACEMENT ORG which has been active for many years.

However, the Founder and Director, Hollie Lama, works a regular job and then in evenings and weekends attends to the NBCRP matters. Over a period of time the number of volunteers she has had have retired. This left her little opportunity to do all the things she would have done if she had more volunteers.

However, she does have a couple of volunteers who are still with her. One of these volunteers, Jean, has begun working on the web site for NBCRP. She has just posted many animals that are currently in shelters awaiting adoption.

You will also find forms to FOSTER THE DOGS which she really needs. The NBCRP does not have a central area for the rescued dogs but depends on others to FOSTER THE ANIMALS. You will find all the information on the web page.

3. TopTop #3
    helenscott08

Re: volunteers Wanted For NBCRP ORGANIZATION

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sassydog:

For the week of 11/5 through ll/10 only, if you have questions you can either call me, Helen, at 707-237-5992 or email me at [email protected]

NBCRP is STILL in need of following:

FOSTER HOMES for our rescued canines. It is best if the home consists of at least one person who will be home much of the time and is able and willing to spend time with the dogs. Remember, these dogs have been in different types of homes; some of them have been very, very happy, while others were abused or neglected. Then they wind up at your home and they are very confused and nervous. Thus, it takes patience and LOTS OF TLC to bring out the best side of these poor but wonderful animals.

I have fostered 3 lovely dogs in past 2 years and I can tell you, it is AMAZING to see the difference in their personalities after only a short time of receiving good loving attention. They become more exuberant and almost smile. At the same time, this means they will NOT ALWAYS do what you expect them to do. So the trick here is to let them know you expect them to do it but you show this with kindness and firmness. It does not take them long to learn that you want them to do this or that but won't beat them if they don't. Thus they are very willing to do what is expected of them.

It REALLY IS A JOY to see the self confidence and joy of living emerge with these dogs and what wonderful pets and friends they become. I had a border collie who was so shy and obedient when she first came to me. But in short time she was just about DANCING when she was happy.

So, if you have the time, and space, properly fenced areas or willingness to walk your dog a couple of times a day, PLEASE CONSIDER FOSTERING. It will bring you so much joy. Not to say you won't have some trying times along the way but it is all worth it to see the happiness you provide these dogs and then to see them go to their FOREVER HOME.

NBCRP ALSO really needs people who can do computer work for them. Remember, you can work from your home at your confenience.

I am hopeful of finding a couple of RETIREES who might not be very busy and yet are good on the computer, and would like to create and help distribute brochures, flyers, and various other documents. One of the volunteers who actually is now the founder's Assistant who does MOST of the work is just such an individual. And she too has really enjoyed volunteering with NBCRP. She talks about how much she has learned and how many neat people she has become acquainted with doing this volunteering for NBCRP.

AND, if you like to answer and make phone calls. We can use as many of you as we can find.

Another area is to help us KEEP TRACK OF WHERE OUR DOGS ARE POSTED ON THE WEB. And, I believe other matters in this area.

This is just a short list of what we are in need of by way of volunteers. I will add to them as I think of them. OR, if you think you have a talent we can use, by all means let us know.

LAST but not least, CASH DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS GLADLY ACCEPTED. This helps us take a dog out of the SHELTERS, get them checked over and do whatever medical needs are necessary. So IF ANY OF YOU CAN HELP IN THIS WAY, IT SURE IS APPRECIATED.

I gave you their web address in previous request but here is a LINK to their web site.
    North Bay Canine Rescue & Placement

helen scott

Last edited by helenscott08; 11-06-2006 at 08:44 AM. Reason: correct text and add phone number