Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    eric

Re: Drinks tampered with at our bars

Vigilance is right. If the police can't do it, someone needs to bring justice in their own hands and catch this conniving culprit in the act. There's no way that this person or persons should get away with poisoning innocent patrons of a bar, and terrorizing a community.

Any crime of this nature should be a top priority for the local police force.

There needs to be awareness, and people constantly watching out for this horrible activity and deed.

Even if it boils down to video surveillance, this type of awareness is a necessary tool towards capturing an ongoing threat to public wellbeing.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 07-07-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #32
    meherc
    Supporting member

Also, no one talked to you, no one smiled at you while you drank your safe beer at home. It's not about the drink, it's about the conviviality. You can have a coke at a bar or a mineral water.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Imagery: View Post
    There IS a simple solution: Don't go out to the bars and drink. I haven't had a single sip of alcohol since October of last year, and I'm not missing it. I've never pulled an Efren due to alcohol, either. I just don't drink in general, not that I've had a problem with it in the past...no DUI's, just prefer not to drink.

Last alcohol was a single beer I bought at the grocery store, got home and opened it up and drank it. Nobody poisoned me, no one tried to tamper with it...and I enjoyed a beer.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA

4. TopTop #33
    meherc
    Supporting member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    A great suggestion, but not really a "simple solution". Going to bars or restaurants or cafes or any place where alcohol is served, and people drink, is part of a "lifestyle" that is actually common. So, people aren't going to change their lifestyle to prevent the low probabiliy that their drink may be tampered with.

Your logic is that if you don't drink alcohol anywhere but home, you don't have to worry. I guess no one would bother spiking a soft drink or Kool Aid.....or would they? Seems like I remember non-alcoholic drinks being spiked with LSD, etc. in the 60's...
    I agree, you can't live a life filled with fear. Things happen. I always sit facing the door as well. I thought it was only those who associate with drug dealers or Mafioso who did that. I think it's a good idea. Vigilance.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 07-07-2014 at 01:47 PM.

5. TopTop #34
    meherc
    Supporting member

I have gotten a plethora of tickets in the past 2 years. Now I always take pictures with my cell phone. The law is if the officer gets anything wrong on the ticket, it is dismissed. Like if they say your VIN number is not visible, take a picture of it and go to traffic court.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that you haven't had a slew of tickets for your activism in the past few years. Will you fight this ticket? Is this the first "corrupt" ticket you've gotten? Hopefully other activists will step up and reveal their experience with being ticketed unjustly.

6. TopTop #35
    meherc
    Supporting member

I think that falls into the category of I can diss my mother but don't you dare to. My family has often used humor to deal with horrible things but I wouldn't think it was funny if you presumed to say it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Trixie, urlove, and arthunter--

Now that you've gotten your jollies publicly slapping me around with uncharitable assumptions/interpretations about my attitudes, and nasty mischaracterizations of my actions ("victim shaming", "cyber bullying", "screen muscles", "tearing...down", "lack of compassion"), would you be interested in trying to understand where I'm really coming from, or would that ruin your self-righteous fun?...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 07-07-2014 at 01:22 PM.

7. TopTop #36
    jbox

Quote Posted in reply to the post by eric: View Post
    Vigilance is right. If the police can't do it, someone needs to bring justice in their own hands and catch this conniving culprit in the act. There's no way that this person or persons should get away with poisoning innocent patrons of a bar, and terrorizing a community.

Any crime of this nature should be a top priority for the local police force.

There needs to be awareness, and people constantly watching out for this horrible activity and deed.

Even if it boils down to video surveillance, this type of awareness is a necessary tool towards capturing an ongoing threat to public wellbeing.
    Oh yes, let's have mandatory video surveillance at all bars, that way there is no way in hell anyone can slip a mickey in anyone's drink. Yep, uh huh, it's just happening toooooo often.

8. Gratitude expressed by: