Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

War Gear Flows to Police Departments - New York Times

Comment from the Rutherford Institute: "Freedom Watch Alert: Today, crime is at its lowest levels in generations, and yet police departments across the country continue to add to their arsenal of firepower. One police precinct insists they need a mine-resistant vehicle “to protect against a possible attack by veterans returning from war.” Other officers claim they’re preparing for a worst-case scenario. Yet what could be worse than a nation transformed into a police state, where officers shoot first and ask questions later, all the while the citizenry are transformed into suspects?" https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/u...ml?ref=us&_r=2
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Rocketman

Re: War Gear Flows to Police Departments - New York Times

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Comment from the Rutherford Institute: "Freedom Watch Alert: Today, crime is at its lowest levels in generations, and yet police departments across the country continue to add to their arsenal of firepower. One police precinct insists they need a mine-resistant vehicle “to protect against a possible attack by veterans returning from war.” Other officers claim they’re preparing for a worst-case scenario. Yet what could be worse than a nation transformed into a police state, where officers shoot first and ask questions later, all the while the citizenry are transformed into suspects?" https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/u...ml?ref=us&_r=2
    I would rather see the vehicles and other equipment go to where they are needed than to have them dis-mantled and carted off to some scrap heap after spending my tax dollars to manufacture.They may save a life,you never know.As far as the crime rate goes I don't get it.There seems to be more deranged killers on the loose than ever before.People capable of creating home made WMD's,active and plotting terrorists,snipers,Campus shootings,hostage situations,etc....I mean Chicago had close to 30 killings last week alone.Oakland,San Jose....how many get killed there yearly ? As far as abusing the law sometimes L.E. does cross the line but there are plenty of safety nets (Laws) to prevent and/or prosecute those who are entrusted to uphold the law.Go to the F.B.I.'s website and see how many Police,Sheriff's and Law Enforcement they prosecute and incarcerate on a monthly basis.I say give the equipment to the police and hopefully it will never have to be utilized.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email