Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mckindly

Post chemo symptom relief

As this is a very health oriented community I wonder if anyone here has themselves, or had friends, going thro chemo have some relief from the effect using alternative methods, such as jin shin, naturopathic medicines etc.

Right now my friend has absolutely no energy, appetite and is very achy.

Any and all suggestions welcomed.

thank you.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Jude Iam

Re: Post chemo symptom relief

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mckindly: View Post
    As this is a very health oriented community I wonder if anyone here has themselves, or had friends, going thru chemo have some relief from the effect using alternative methods, such as jin shin, naturopathic medicines etc.
    yes: everything, including cannabis in all the forms most delightful to the person healing. blest, jude
    Last edited by Barry; 05-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.

4. TopTop #3
    CSummer

Look up 'medical marijuana cancer' on the web or youtube. What I've gathered is that it's the safest, most effective and side-effect-free medicine for pain, nausea and loss of appetite. It's also said to cure cancer. I would also strongly urge you to forget all the negative propaganda you've heard about marijuana/cannabis, as it's simply yet another example of how we've been deceived by authority figures. Find out what the scientists and doctors who've studied it have to say about it.

For health and truth,
    CSummer

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mckindly: View Post
    As this is a very health oriented community I wonder if anyone here has themselves, or had friends, going thru chemo have some relief from the effect using alternative methods, such as jin shin, naturopathic medicines etc.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.

5. TopTop #4
    dancingstar

Please spread the word that "Simpson Oil" (see "Run From the Cure"), is NOT the cure for hormone positive breast cancer. I'd like to save someone else from the expense and invested time and hope, thinking this might be your cure. Triple negative is a different case.

Judy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by CSummer: View Post
    Look up 'medical marijuana cancer' on the web or youtube. What I've gathered is that it's the safest, most effective and side-effect-free medicine for pain, nausea and loss of appetite. It's also said to cure cancer. I would also strongly urge you to forget all the negative propaganda you've heard about marijuana/cannabis, as it's simply yet another example of how we've been deceived by authority figures. Find out what the scientists and doctors who've studied it have to say about it.

For health and truth,
    CSummer

6. TopTop #5
    CSummer

This may well be true, Judy. I'd be interested to know more about your sources for that info. Here's two other resources that might be useful:

From the blog of Dr Brownstein, a holistic MD, who says that breast problems (including cancer) can be a symptom of iodine deficiency, which he says is very common. His book (Iodine: Why you need it; Why you can't live without it ) is mentioned in the blog. This is one response to his post:

Rebecca Cody says:

"In addition to the dangers posed by mammograms, women need to be made aware of how drinking milk and eating other dairy products – all dairy, even goat or sheep – stimulates the growth of breast and prostate cancers. British scientist, Jane Plant, discovered this when her breast cancer came back five times while she was having all the standard treatments. The fifth time she found and began measuring a lump that came only 10 days after her latest surgery and was growing daily. Her doctors gave her two months and had her on chemo, hoping it would add a bit more time.

She realized, while studying a map of cancers in China, that only one woman in 100,000 got breast cancer, while here it is now one in seven! She also realized that Asian women don’t eat any dairy unless they have adopted a western diet. And, when they do, their breast cancer rates grow to become the same as the country they are living in. There followed a lot of research of peer reviewed literature to confirm her realizations. She stopped all dairy and her lump softened within a week and was totally gone in five weeks. She encourages other healthy dietary and other habits, but the key to her success, and that of many women with breast cancer and men with prostate cancer, is removing all dairy fro their diets.

After being cancer free for several years, Ms Plant became a bit lax, her cancer returned, and she then got back on the diet she had developed – and got well again. It has been close to 20 years now and she remains healthy. Yet few women in America have heard of her or of the dangers of dairy products – even if they are organic – to their diets."

Another MD who's been working extensively with cannabis (aka, marijuana) is Dr. William Courtney along with his partner, Kristen. His approach (as I understand it) is much different from Rick Simpson's "hemp oil." Courtney has his patients on juiced raw cannabis leaves, and I believe also recommends using high-CBD (cannabidiol) strains rather than the high-THC strains that are most commonly available. The fresh, raw juices from the leaves do not have a psychoactive effect and can be taken in much larger dosages than cannabis that's been heated (decarboxylated). Here is Dr Courtney's web site; they're based in Humboldt and Mendocino Co. They could probably tell you whether or not the raw juice would be effective for the kind of cancer your friend has, as they've treated thousands of patients with it.

CSummer

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dancingstar: View Post
    Please spread the word that "Simpson Oil" (see "Run From the Cure"), is NOT the cure for hormone positive breast cancer. I'd like to save someone else from the expense and invested time and hope, thinking this might be your cure. Triple negative is a different case.

Judy
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 05-09-2014 at 02:38 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #6
    steph

There are many available healers and resources in Sonoma County!

This might be appropriate
    Institute for Health & Healing
    https://www.cpmc.org/services/ihh/clinic/santarosa.html

Special services for women
    https://www.sutterpacific.org/servic...tservices.html

Mimi at Commonweal in Bolinas knows of many more
    https://www.commonweal.org/program/c...-help-program/
    415-868-0970