Hello,
I recently did the Youth Coastwalk in June and had a very powerful experience. I am going to be a Senior this year, at Summerfield Waldorf School and we are assigned a Thesis project as seniors. I have always been interested and concerned about our environment, but this trip, and the video "coastal clash," which we saw, boosted my involvement. I was considering, for my thesis (which needs to have both a written element and an optional project) to write a paper on the change our coastline and the ecosystem has gone through since the Industrialization of the area, and to put in a trail somewhere along the "lost coast," where at the moment, there is none.
I would be willing, and actually inclined to write letters to various politicians, getting grants and funds, and finding a way to do this. I would be able to do the man-power, and could get additional help from volunteers to clear the path and keep it maintained, along with making brochures to advertise it to the public. I want to give something back to the community, and bring them closer again to the earth and the beauty that we have here in Sonoma County.
I was thinking about making a trail that would be about 5km long. I wish I could make it longer, but I don't want to aim for something too high without knowing all the details.

If anyone here is with the Sonoma Land Trust, the Sonoma Open Space District, the CA Coastal Commission and/or any other organizations that could help me with my thesis, please let me know.

Thank you very much,
Katherina Haug