Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mogue03

rainwater reclamation

Know anybody who can give me information on rainwater reclamation? Thanks.

lucy
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    seenhear

Re: rainwater reclamation

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mogue03: View Post
    Know anybody who can give me information on rainwater reclamation? Thanks.

lucy
    I've been scratching my head on this one, too. With the recent storms, we collected a TON of water on our walk-on pool cover. I have to pump it off using a sump pump. I pumped some into a spare plastic garbage can I had, that took all of 5 minutes and barely made a dent (the total volume took over 24 hrs to pump off). I pumped a lot more back into the pool (under the cover) but most of it had to just go down our drainage ditch which feeds SR creek, ultimately. I just sat there shaking my head wishing I had somewhere to store at least some of that water. I was spending money (electric sump pump) to pump precious (and quite clean) rain water down the drain. I didn't have time to go shopping for a collection tank, as I needed to get that water off the pool cover. But I'd like to look into getting something for next time. My "collection" method is great (big flat pool cover) I just need a storage tank that's not too ugly to put in the back yard somewhere.

EDIT:
    I just found this link:

https://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/departments/utilities/conserve/Pages/RainwaterHarvesting.aspx

T
    hey have links to local equipment suppliers.

3. TopTop #3
    GoldRidgeRCD

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mogue03: View Post
    Know anybody who can give me information on rainwater reclamation? Thanks.lucy
    The Gold Ridge Resource Conservation District, whose boundaries encompass most of west Sonoma County, works with private landowners to voluntarily implement conservation projects, and have constructed a number of rainwater catchment and storage projects from large scale systems for ag operations down to the rural residential scale. You can visit our website at www.goldridgercd.org, or call us anytime for more information about our programs. If we cannot assist you we may be able to steer you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-11-2014 at 02:07 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    mogue03

Thanks I'll check it out.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by seenhear: View Post
    I just found this link:

https://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/departments/utilities/conserve/Pages/RainwaterHarvesting.aspx

T
    hey have links to local equipment suppliers.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-11-2014 at 02:08 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    mogue03

Thank you. I'll give you a call.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by GoldRidgeRCD: View Post
    The Gold Ridge Resource Conservation District, whose boundaries encompass most of west Sonoma County, works with private landowners to voluntarily implement conservation projects, and have constructed a number of rainwater catchment and storage projects from large scale systems for ag operations down to the rural residential scale. You can visit our website at www.goldridgercd.org, or call us anytime for more information about our programs. If we cannot assist you we may be able to steer you in the right direction.