Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Investigative Reporter

Help Free the Lakota Children from South Dakota's "Foster Care" Kidnapping Racket

A few days ago, I helped the Lakota People's Law Project (founded by civil rights attorney Danny Sheehan) launch a new Campaign to Free the Lakota Children. The State of South Dakota violates the Federal Indian Child Welfare Act every day, and tears hundreds of children away from their parents, and relatives, placing them in white foster care homes 90% of the time. The Lakota Sioux people see this as a form of cultural genocide.

The Lakota tribes are working to take control of their own family and child services, and they can use our help. Please join the nearly 10,000 Americans who have signed our new petition this week, to President Obama, which you can find, and share-- here:

And please watch this heart-opening 12 minute video, on which Lakota parents and grandmothers tell their story; Through my company, Sebastopol-based Progressive Source Communications, I produced and scripted this with Sundance Award winning documentary maker Kalayanee Mam, an amazing Cambodian-American Director with a powerful vision. Watch here:

And pass help spread the word...

Name:  Imprisoned Lakota Child Photo Jan 21 version.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  51.0 KB
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: