Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Carrillo case delayed to November 1st.

The victim's attorney, Roseanne Darling, complained that her client's dignity is being offended by a THIRD delay.

I couldn't agree more. But the dignity of all Sonoma County citizens is also being offended.

The following article was published by the Press Democrat on 10.11.13:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...Carrillo-delay
    Last edited by Valley Oak; 10-11-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: new info
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Roland Jacopetti

Re: Carrillo case delayed to November 1st.

When does Supervisor Carrillo's term end and his pension begin?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    The victim's attorney, Roseanne Darling, complained that her client's dignity is being offended by a THIRD delay.

I couldn't agree more. But the dignity of all Sonoma County citizens is also being offended.

The following article was published by the Press Democrat on 10.11.13:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...Carrillo-delay

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland Jacopetti: View Post
    I think you've struck on the key point, or slightly off-target. I think Efren's key concern is the date his pension becomes vested. According to an earlier post, that happens on the 5th anniversary in his position which is this coming January. Can anybody confirm that?

It would easy to believe that the delays of his court trial are in support of keeping him in office long enough to vest, however it has been the prosecution that has been requesting the delays. I suppose you could be really cynical and suspect the prosecuting DA is in a conspiracy to facilitate this. That's a bit too far for me, but I would like a better explanation of why it is taking so long.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-13-2013 at 02:08 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    rossmen

his term ends at the end of 2016. his pension vests at the end of 2013. he will receive about 20k/yr after five years as supervisor. about 32k/yr after eight years. at this point it is hard to imagine him being reelected. the policy is on the sonoma county website, you just need to guess what his compensation is for his last year as supervisor, presently reported as 156k/yr. carrillo is under the old pension policy so he can spike his pay by cashing out accumulated vacation and sick leave.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Valley Oak

I agree with Barry.

When I posted this thread, I was really frustrated. And I still am. But the idea that the DA is somehow in cahoots with the accused is a real stretch, in my opinion. (Although I wouldn't put it past a lot of folks to assert that conspiracy theory as fact, even w/o evidence.)

I too would like a better explanation but this case is much stranger than most legal battles because the institutions (the court, DA, judge, etc) seem to be engaging in unusual, inexplicable behavior. A mystery that threatens something sinister is possible. But I will maintain my Faith in our institutions of justice and government, despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    I think you've struck on the key point, or slightly off-target. I think Efren's key concern is the date his pension becomes vested. According to an earlier post, that happens on the 5th anniversary in his position which is this coming January. Can anybody confirm that?

It would easy to believe that the delays his court trial are in support of keeping him in office long enough to vest, however it has been the prosecution that has been requesting the delays. I suppose you could be really cynical and suspect the prosecuting DA is in a conspiracy to facilitate this. That's a bit too far for me, but I would like a better explanation of why it is taking so long.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #6
    Jude Iam

i heard that if he lasts till january, he gets to collect pension, so dragging it out is the strategy.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #7
    Valley Oak

How realistic is it that the DA has been corrupted somehow, bribed, perhaps? I have the feeling that this is highly unlikely but not absolutely impossible.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    i heard that if he lasts till january, he gets to collect pension, so dragging it out is the strategy.

14. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Efren was charged with the misdemeanor of "peeking" today. I have started a new thread called "Efren charged with "misdemeanor peeking" in General Community to discuss this. I am closing this thread.