Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AbigailFerris

Can my chair be restored/repaired/re-something?

My kitty has urinated on an expensive chair, I suspect as an expression of territorial jealousy at seeing me spending time with Tanner (the darling Shepherd mix that's been neglected by his owner for many years). I'm prepared to have a new cushion made, but it also went down into the frame of the chair.
    Would new upholstery get rid of the scent that she left there...or, is it likely my only piece of seating is ruined?
    I hit it with Nature's Remedy, and white vinegar, but I don't know how far below the fabric the urine penetrated. Anybody know a good furniture person?
    Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    hummingbird

Re: Can my chair be restored/repaired/re-something?

I used bac-out from the healthfood store for years on all my cat and kid poop/pee and vomit messes. The enzymes eat the oder. I'm pretty sensitive to stinks and have been pleased. You have to use alot though. Soak it well and then the let it dry out.... should be as good as new....or darn close.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AbigailFerris: View Post
    My kitty has urinated on an expensive chair, I suspect as an expression of territorial jealousy at seeing me spending time with Tanner (the darling Shepherd mix that's been neglected by his owner for many years). I'm prepared to have a new cushion made, but it also went down into the frame of the chair.
    Would new upholstery get rid of the scent that she left there...or, is it likely my only piece of seating is ruined?
    I hit it with Nature's Remedy, and white vinegar, but I don't know how far below the fabric the urine penetrated. Anybody know a good furniture person?
    Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by: