Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

View Poll Results: Would you pay $10/month to Advertise with the Bulletin Board included?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 42.86%
  • No

13 46.43%
  • I don't know

3 10.71%

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

For Service Providers/Advertisers: Would you pay?

Service providers only: Would you be willing to pay $10/month to post in the Services Offered category and the WaccoPages Business Directory if this bulletin board were to continue?

The Services Offered category would be just be uncategorized daily listings. I’m thinking the guideline would be to post a particular service no more than twice a month.

The WaccoPages Business Directory is meant to be a Yellow Page Style directory where you post your service just once, though you could edit it when ever you like. You would be able to post your business several times if it were appropriate for each category. You could decide if you want to be able to accept testimonials for your business (knowing that they could be positive or negative).

See my comments about the system here.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2005 at 11:04 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gandalf

Re: For Service Providers/Advertisers: Would you pay?

I think $10/mo is a bit high. The real yellow pages charge $8/mo. Just my $0.02. B-)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:
    Services providers only: Would you be willing to pay $10/month to post in the Services Offered category and the WaccoPages Business Directory if this bulletin board were to continue?

The Services Offered category would be just be uncategorized daily listings. I’m thinking the guideline would be to post a particular service no more than twice a month.

The WaccoPages Business Directory is meant to be a Yellow Page Style directory where you post your service just once, though you could edit it when ever you like. You would be able to post your business several times if it were appropriate for each category. You could decide if you want to be able to accept testimonials for your business (knowing that they could be positive or negative).

3. TopTop #3
    loi
    Supporting Member

Hi Barry -

I think it's a great service & I'd love to have my massage be offered under services yet honestly I have only had a couple of people come from wacco (to be fair, i have only posted my therapeutic massage specials a few times). I love the idea & would like to use it but so far it hasn't been very effective for me. Perhaps there could be some modifications w/ small businesses being charged much less?
    Thanks for what you do!
    ps definately having testimonials from other wacco users is great

Service providers only: Would you be willing to pay $10/month to post in the Services Offered category and the WaccoPages Business Directory if this bulletin board were to continue?

4. TopTop #4
    meherc
    Supporting member

I'm having a hard time figuring out any of this new system and am frustrated because I don't want to spend much of my limited time figuring it out. Are we talking $10 to post only once or twice a month? That seems like a lot for being seen so briefly. Or do you mean $10 each month to be included in the "Business Directory"?
    I did like the old system where I saw everything and could skip what I was not interested in. I find I have to flip back and forth a lot between categories and messages and often get an error message when I do.
    How would we pay for this? Before we posted? Mail $ in to Barry, then wait? I am unclear on the concept.

Marilyn

PS. I had a hard enough time figuring out how to reply to this! I did not see an obvious place to write the message.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-04-2005 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Removed quote

5. TopTop #5
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

The $10/month charge would kick in once the system was running full steam with lots of users. It would be paid via PayPal (from your credit card or checking account) and it would give you posting rights to the WaccoPages Business Directory where you could post your business(es) in whatever categories were appropriate as well as the Services Offered category. All other categories, including Events and Classes would be free.

6. TopTop #6
    Roland Jacopetti

Hi, Barry. $10/month seems a lot, considering that I'm really using the new system much less than the old one, and because there are now a number of other systems on line that do much the same thing. So I probably wouldn't, though I certainly wish you much luck.

Roland
    The $10/month charge would kick in once the system was running full steam with lots of users. It would be paid via PayPal (from your credit card or checking account) and it would give you posting rights to the WaccoPages Business Directory where you could post your business(es) in whatever categories were appropriate as well as the Services Offered category. All other categories, including Events and Classes would be free.

7. TopTop #7
    Roland Jacopetti

P.S. Also, I'm terribly allergic to pay pal ( I refuse to dignify it by using capital letters.)

Roland
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland:
    Hi, Barry. $10/month seems a lot, considering that I'm really using the new system much less than the old one, and because there are now a number of other systems on line that do much the same thing. So I probably wouldn't, though I certainly wish you much luck.

Roland

8. TopTop #8
    gandalf

What's wrong with paypal?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Roland:
    P.S. Also, I'm terribly allergic to pay pal ( I refuse to dignify it by using capital letters.)

Roland

9. TopTop #9
    gailjane

Thumbs up Re: For Service Providers/Advertisers: Would you pay?

I'm wondering when the service providers start paying to advertise, which I do support, will there be space for those of us that want to see recommendation for their services from other wacco's? I for one really want to be able to know this information.
    Last edited by gailjane; 08-07-2005 at 03:33 PM.

10. TopTop #10
    DJCupples

[QUOTE=Barry]Service providers only: Would you be willing to pay $10/month to post in the Services Offered category and the WaccoPages Business Directory if this bulletin board were to continue?

At this time I find this a little to much, maybe down the line when there are more people on this bulletin board. I would be more willing to pay $5/month. Also, if people are being charged for advertising there services, then I think that anyone selling anything should pay to post.

Douglas

11. TopTop #11
    Dorisse

[QUOTE=DJCupples][QUOTE=Barry]Service providers only: Would you be willing to pay $10/month to post in the Services Offered category and the WaccoPages Business Directory if this bulletin board were to continue?

I personally go through "waves" of posting alot, say in one month, and then won't for several months. I'd be happy to pay $10 when I advertise, although in those down months I wouldn't want to pay. I like getting the word out to community via Wacco, although have had very few clients over the years from same. I really want to support you as best I can Barry, and I appreciate what you're doing.
    Peace
    Dorisse

12. TopTop #12
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

The service is still just getting started. Once I get firmly back in the saddle I will usher in advertiser fees with an introductory special of $10 for three months.

13. TopTop #13
    edlarkcmt

Hi Barry,
    I would gladly pay for this service. My practice has grown terrifically over the years from my postings and from referrals from the WACCO community.
    I really like the new site and appreciate the categories.

Thanks for the great work!
    \
    -Ed Lark NMT