Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valet Posting Service
    WaccoBB Valet Posting Service

FUKUSHMIMA IS HERE human mural

Date & Time: Saturday, Oct 19th

More information and a form to pledge participation are available at: www.fukushimaishere.info

Event Coordinator: Jina Brooks: 707-577-7359
    FukushimaResponse.org
    Mobilizing an international effort to stabilize Fukushima now
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. The following 5 members have expressed gratitude to Valet Posting Service for this post:

3. TopTop #2
    Ernieman

Re: FUKUSHMIMA IS HERE human mural

Thank you for this. This is a huge issue and government is not talking. Clean up still rests with the private power company. Reading the international press one learns that Fukushima is still not contained; the old reactor is leaning more and at least one Japanese scientist said it could collapse. It is leaking into the ocean. They say the leakage comes from barrels that store radio active water. Since there is no containment structure, they are still cooling the reactor with sea water and storing radioactive water in barrels. Does this sound right to you? Nearing two years later? Well, Pacific fish are starting to show up with greater levels of radioactivity. There is a radioactive plume being created in the sea around Fukushima. Question: Which poses the greater danger to California, Syria or the failed, exposed nuclear reactor at Fukushima? The USA needs to move with the Japanese government and contain this catastrophe.

4. The following 6 members have expressed gratitude to Ernieman for this post:

5. TopTop #3
    Sasha Benedetti

How about a slogan "Don't make war with Syria ~ make peace with Fukushima" ?I believe that the United States and the international community need to intervene and use all of our resources to contain the leak, repair the nuclear facility (to the extent that is possible), begin testing our food and bio-remediation efforts for the 270,000 plus tons of radioactive water that has already leaked into the Pacific and will affect our global food and water system for thousands of years. I have been calling the White House every day to urge for action. One obstacle is that Japan still has not officially asked and to help without them asking is considered war. Only this issue does not affect Japan alone and there is a case that TEPCO violated international law by dumping radioactive water into the Pacific?

Why do you think people in the progressive community are not talking about this more. Fukushima Response has been organizing in this area for the last year and a half. Activists and earth lovers in Sebastopol seem rather quiet on the issue and I am curious why that is the case.

6. The following 2 members have expressed gratitude to Sasha Benedetti for this post:

7. TopTop #4
    Ernieman

Why do you think people in the progressive community are not talking about this more. Fukushima Response has been organizing in this area for the last year and a half. Activists and earth lovers in Sebastopol seem rather quiet on the issue and I am curious why that is the case.
    I do not think most people know the severity of the situation. The leaking radioactive water will now get our attention. Personally, I wanted to put this out there because it is not outside of the realm of possibility that this will melt down again if the reactor topples. I do not pretend to understand the Japanese mindset but literature tells me not talking, not taking on the government, and adhering to the party line are cultural traits. The Japanese scientist who talked about the possibility of it falling over has been put in ice.The government will not step in to save face according to a press report I read. True? I don't know why but the fact is the government has not stepped in and the radioactive water is leaking into the ocean. When and how do we elevate this to something serious afore we are all awash in radioactivity, the fishing industry is further threatened, and out children are....well, you get the point. I believe this is serious enough we have to talk about it when and whereever.

8. The following 3 members have expressed gratitude to Ernieman for this post:

9. TopTop #5
    jewelbridge

Fukushima: Most Americans have NO IDEA of the severity of the problem. Radioactive waste will be here for thousands of years. We need an international scientific task force to stabilize the reactors.

Quote Ernieman wrote: View Post
    I do not think most people know the severity of the situation. The leaking radioactive water will now get our attention.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2013 at 10:47 AM.

10. The following member has expressed gratitude to jewelbridge for this post:

11. TopTop #6
    tomcat

The radioactive water is being stored in giant TANKS, not barrels. They are building them as fast as they can and are not keeping up... and now some are leaking! Perhaps 400 tons of contaminated water a day is flowing directly into the pacific ocean from under the buildings alone.

It could get MUCH worse at any time! Read why in this RT Interview.

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-apocaly...l-removal-598/

Tom

Quote Ernieman wrote: View Post
    ... They say the leakage comes from barrels that store radioactive water. Since there is no containment structure, they are still cooling the reactor with sea water and storing radioactive water in barrels. Does this sound right to you?...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.

12. The following 3 members have expressed gratitude to tomcat for this post:

13. TopTop #7
    tomcat

It just keeps getting worse!

New radioactive hotspots suggest more leaks at Fukushima
    Several new hotspots reading potentially lethal doses of radiation have been detected near the tanks storing the radioactive water, forcing the operator to admit there might be even more leaks at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2013 at 01:53 PM.

14. The following 3 members have expressed gratitude to tomcat for this post:

15. TopTop #8
    Sasha Benedetti

The Japanese government and TEPCO have admitted that at least 300 tons of radioactive water is leaking into the Pacific DAILY. However, TEPCO has lost all credibility with the nuclear engineering community as they tend to lie and underreport what is happening. The severity of this incident, that it continues daily, that if reactor #4 melts down it will release 14,000 times the radiation of the bombing of Hiroshima and that it will affect the entire global food and water supply convinced me that US citizens, especially Californians, would be taking massive action to pressure out government and the UN. We need immediate intervention to fix the leak and help repair the nuclear plant (which will take an all hands on deck international effort as they currently don't know what to do.) Instead the US is using our significant resources to possibly invade Syria. And, people are for the most part pretty silent on this. The information is out there and now is even being covered by mainstream sources.

Quote tomcat wrote: View Post
    It just keeps getting worse!

New radioactive hotspots suggest more leaks at Fukushima
    Several new hotspots reading potentially lethal doses of radiation have been detected near the tanks storing the radioactive water, forcing the operator to admit there might be even more leaks at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant.

16. The following 3 members have expressed gratitude to Sasha Benedetti for this post:

17. TopTop #9
    Ernieman

Tom,
    We are both right. There is both narrative and pictures of barrels being stacked up three high.
    Ernieman