Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    philipbence

Excellent Electrician In Forestville

Today an electrician by the name of Kevin Pistey came out to my home in Windsor to install some toggle dimmer switches for me in place of ordinary toggle switches. Kevin is the owner of KP Electric, located in Forestville, and it's a one-man company. I selected him for the job because he was so highly rated on Angie's List, and now that I've seen him at work I understand why.

Simply put, Kevin is the best electrician I have ever hired to do a job for me, and there've been quite a few over the years. He is skilled, professional, polite, friendly, punctual, reliable, trustworthy, and basically everything you'd want in an electrician or any other sort of professional. I am very pleased with the work Kevin did: it couldn't have gone better. If you need an electrician and you live in the North Bay area, Kevin's your man!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    lludwig

Re: Excellent Electrician In Forestville

I used him once and he was terrible!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by philipbence: View Post
    Today an electrician by the name of Kevin Pistey came out to my home in Windsor to install some toggle dimmer switches for me in place of ordinary toggle switches. Kevin is the owner of KP Electric, located in Forestville, and it's a one-man company. I selected him for the job because he was so highly rated on Angie's List, and now that I've seen him at work I understand why.

Simply put, Kevin is the best electrician I have ever hired to do a job for me, and there've been quite a few over the years. He is skilled, professional, polite, friendly, punctual, reliable, trustworthy, and basically everything you'd want in an electrician or any other sort of professional. I am very pleased with the work Kevin did: it couldn't have gone better. If you need an electrician and you live in the North Bay area, Kevin's your man!

3. TopTop #3
    philipbence

I'm sorry to hear that, lludwig. I can't imagine what could have been so terrible, as Kevin did such a great job for me. Please tell us (everyone reading this thread) what went wrong.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #4
    lludwig

it's a long story,,,,took place in '95. I asked him to install a sensor light fixture, so the stairs (outdoor) light up when someone is going up or down. Something went wrong...either wouldn't turn on or wouldn't turn off...so I asked him to come back (we live very close to each other!). He did come back once, and it still didn't work correctly. When I asked him to come back a second time, he said it wasn't cost effective for him to do so. So much for pride in one's work.

Eventually, my tenant, a retarded man, fixed it.

Linda

6. TopTop #5
    philipbence

Thanks for responding, Linda, and explaining what happened. It does sound unfortunate and I'm sorry you had to go through that. You know, I never met Kevin before this past Tuesday when he came out to my house, but I was very impressed. And yet I'm sure you're experience was disturbing and very real for you, or you wouldn't have made the effort to post it to WaccoBB. I wonder if it's possible to make sense of you and I having had such different experiences? You say that you're experience happened in 1995. One possibility is that Kevin has changed a lot over the past 18 years. I know I have. On Angie's List, where I found out about his one-man company, KP Electric, one person after another rates him very highly, and those are all relatively recent experiences, from the past year or two. In fact, Kevin has the highest ratings of any electrician in Sonoma County. That's why I chose him.

Phil

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #6
    Thad

Used him once 19 years ago to install a light fixture and all about him is terrible? You aren't the retarded person
    are you?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lludwig: View Post
    it's a long story,,,,took place in '95. I asked him to install a sensor light fixture, so the stairs (outdoor) light up when someone is going up or down. Something went wrong...either wouldn't turn on or wouldn't turn off...so I asked him to come back (we live very close to each other!). He did come back once, and it still didn't work correctly. When I asked him to come back a second time, he said it wasn't cost effective for him to do so. So much for pride in one's work.

Eventually, my tenant, a retarded man, fixed it.

Linda
    Last edited by Thad; 11-18-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: to be honest and to give philipbences's comment what he was referencing in his post

9. TopTop #7
    philipbence

I get where you're coming from, Thad. However, I was glad that Linda shared her side of the story. Maybe you were just making fun, and your comment was clever, but it also comes across as kind of insulting to Linda. The last thing I would want to do is to discourage her or anyone else from participating in a public forum such as this. I asked for her experience because I really wanted to hear her side of the story. That's part of what makes Wacco valuable, I think: expanding our experiences. It's possible to make a negative comment without having to risk hurting someone's feelings, don't you think? Nevertheless, I appreciated your post, Thad, insofar as it pointed out that Linda's comment about the mentally disabled man was pretty harsh. I guess you meant to sort of turn it back on her and say, "How does that feel?" Anyway, would it be okay with you to keep this discussion friendly, please?

10. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

11. TopTop #8
    Tinque

I think that our voices are so important and was delighted to read this because I am in need of electricians frequently at work and he has been called upon when needed though I have had no personal experience with him..
    I am also happy that during several years that someone has grown , and learned from their mistakes. We are all human and hopefully continue to get better.

I get where you're coming from, Thad. However, I...
    Last edited by Barry; 11-17-2013 at 03:31 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #9
    lludwig

Thad, you sound like a very stupid person.

I was not putting down my tenant, who was a client with "LIving Independently" and with whom I had a close and endearing relationship. In fact, he rented from me for five years.

I was asked to comment on Kevin's work, and I did. I was honest enough to say it took place in '95, and whether he's learned anything since then is up for grabs.

Barry was right; you were rude; all I was doing is responding to the request.

I mentioned the mental condition of my tenant to indicate how much effort or skill Kevin put into his efforts.
    Linda

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    Used him once 19 years ago to install a light fixture and all about him is terrible?

14. TopTop #10
    Thad

Try this on for stupid

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/libel

An untruthful statement about a person, published in writing or through broadcast media, that injures the person's reputation or standing in the community. Libel is a tort (a type of civil wrong), and the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. Libel and slander (an untruthful statement that is spoken, but not published in writing or broadcast through the media), are both considered forms of defamation.
    Definition provided by Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lludwig: View Post
    Thad, you sound like a very stupid person.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-17-2013 at 03:49 PM.

15. TopTop #11
    Thad

I like this this website a lot and take its description as meaning something important.

" Bulletin board serving the Progressive Community of Sonoma and Marin Counties."

and

"Connecting Conscious Community"

so anyone posting comments below that standard deserve sharp rebuke at least to indicate there is a standard and some things fall below that standard.

Anyone who is the subject of character assassination immediately gets my sympathy and the originator a sharp rebuke.

Progressive to me is less a political affiliation and more a stance of behavior meaning, progressing, advancing into the future and leaving behind the infantile behavior of the past.

... Anyway, would it be okay with you to keep this discussion friendly, please?