Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Carrillo a let-down to teens who looked up to him

Efren Carrillo is a glorious role model for Sonoma County youth! I really hope he sticks around forever so that all of our children become just like him.

The following article was published by the Press Democrat on Saturday, July 20, 2013

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...CLES/130729994

For years, Efren Carrillo has been a “career day” regular at Sonoma County schools. At campuses such as Roseland Accelerated Middle School in Santa Rosa and Cali Calmcac Language Academy in Windsor, the member of the county Board of Supervisors took seriously his job as an inspirational role model, always encouraging young Latino students to work hard and make the most of their parents' sacrifices — just as he has done. Carrillo's story has resonated with countless children growing up in Sonoma County...

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Re: Carrillo a let-down to teens who looked up to him

I can't find it (because I don't know how to look), but a couple of years ago a woman in Monte Rio posted that Effen Carillo had shown up at a memorial gathering there, with his photographer, and posed putting some trash into a bin for a photo. Then I started noticing how very often he was in the papers, posing at whatever gathering was available....
    Last edited by Barry; 07-23-2013 at 01:37 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    mamaj

I remember another occasion here in Bodega Bay . He took advantage of a local benefit at our Grange hall here for a family of four children who lost their mother at a young age from lung cancer,very heart breaking situation. Carrillo showed up with his mother ,never really speaking much except to say it was his mothers' b-day. He had photographers there with him . I watched as he "posed " putting a paper plate into a garbage bag while his photographer took photos. If this is how he creates P.R. it was inappropiate and rude. He took advantage of this family, and the grief they were going through.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Robbi Ernst III

We should wait to hear from actual teens with actual quotes and stories rather than describing events and then critiquing them when the subject was so'called "possing for the photographer". Such needs to pick and peck little little chickens scurrying around helter sckelter. To the youth of Santa Rosa and especially the Fifth District: you know in your hearts that what a lot of stuff you are reading is simply alot of so-called mature adults wagging their chins, beating their breasts and ultimately not only misdescribing events but adding in their own awkward and misinformed directions or synopsis. Keep in mind the good work that Efren has done through out the district, expecially for the houng and disenfranchised, and have confidence and let him know that you believe in him and urge him to hang in there. we all make mistakes; and we don't even know what mistake it was that Efren made, so let's put our thinking heads on straight and wait till the facts come out; but moreover, don't forget the past four or five years and continue to be part of supporting him and learning how you want to get involved with local government and community. You are the next generation that we older people (I''m a Senior Citizen/disabled but still working hard at volunteering in my communnity, because I have faith and believe in the people here.) Robbi PS also, get involved if you aren't already, in your local communities with chairty work, governing via the school governments; chamber of commerces, RRR Historical Society, RR Counselors and other important events through out our community. That way you will have a stronger grasp what is really happening in our community and the need to overcome the rampant pettiness and name calling in our communities. Best of luck to you, and thank you for your perseverance and good deeds.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mamaj: View Post
    I remember another occasion here in Bodega Bay . He took advantage of a local benefit at our Grange hall here for a family of four children who lost their mother at a young age from lung cancer,very heart breaking situation. Carrillo showed up with his mother ,never really speaking much except to say it was his mothers' b-day. He had photographers there with him . I watched as he "posed " putting a paper plate into a garbage bag while his photographer took photos. If this is how he creates P.R. it was inappropiate and rude. He took advantage of this family, and the grief they were going through.