Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dominus

Frizelle-Enos Burned to the ground!!

Frizelle-Enos. Sebastopol's oldest business, sadly burned to the ground this evening. For those of us who shop there, it's a big loss, very sad. Hopefully they will rebuild.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...-in-Sebastopol
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Imagery

Re: Frizelle-Enos Burned to the ground!!

Let's hope this wasn't arson, or everyone in town will know who did it...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

I happened to be downtown when the fire started. I ended up watching it for a couple of hours, with many others, and talking about Sebastopol's past and what might now happen. It was a disturbing situation. I have bought chickens and food for them and now for my dog there for 20 years. I am glad that there were apparently no people or animals caught in it, though it destroyed the homes of many wild birds. I am sorry for the loss of jobs by the workers at FE, who have been very helpful over the years. FE has helped anchor our small town in good ways.

The loss of Frizelle-Enos represents the loss of much of Sebastopol's agrarian history. I hope that the three current owners, who apparently bought it only a few years ago, are able to rebuild. My concern is that the Armstrong developers--who bought the Pellini property to build the CVS/Chase mall--may now make an offer on the Frizelle-Enos place, which is right next to where they plan to build. This would surely worsen our traffic and quality of life, as well as our capacity to continue being a local small town.

The CVS/Chase situation is on the agenda for this coming Tuesday's City Council meeting at the Youth Annex, as is revisions to the General Plan, which guides development. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. and each person can speak for up to 3 minutes during a Public Comment period at the beginning of the meeting. General comments related to development could be made during that time. The specifics of CVS/Chase will be addressed by the Armstrong--also known as the strong armers--developers as item # 8, which will be later in the meeting. It would be an important meeting to attend to learn and speak up at.

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

7. TopTop #4
    mamaj

I was so shocked to hear about this wonderful feed store destroyed ,I have been shopping there for our animals for over 30 yrs. Great employees and always willing to share information and learn information concerning the health and welfare of all creatures great and small. Western Sonoma County REALLY depends on this business in so many ways. I thought of the old Pellini business also just sitting there unused . They should do right for our community and at the very least, allow Frizelle Enos to use their building and space while the feedstore rebuilds. This community should support this plan all the way ,even if you do not shop there at least help keep their business afloat for the rest of us-