37 67.27%
  • Not yet.

3 5.45%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • I don't know

10 18.18%

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #241
    Ice Queen

Re: Efren Carrillo arrested on Prowling and Burglary charges!!!!

Interesting that Ernie Carpenter's name comes up now. I have been reading Wacco for several years now and it is only just this week that I have seen him post. He didn't say what HE was drinking with his giant meatball though, or who drove him home. I think it is unbecoming for him to do cloaked politicking in the present climate on Wacco BB.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mamaj: View Post
    ...a supervisor who REALLY cares and is concerned for us,like Ernie Carpenter.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #242
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ice Queen: View Post
    Interesting that Ernie Carpenter's name comes up now. I have been reading Wacco for several years now and it is only just this week that I have seen him post. He didn't say what HE was drinking with his giant meatball though, or who drove him home. I think it is unbecoming for him to do cloaked politicking in the present climate on WaccoBB.
    Ernie has been gracious enough to participate on WaccoBB for quite a while. His recent Meatball article was submitted before Efren's arrest, I just hadn't gotten around to publishing it until recently.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #243
    Karen

Off topic of EC but, you weren't asked to apologize for Upchurch but to her for using language that demeans her, i.e "bitch" and "bimbo". I am sure you are not aware of it but when you use these sexist, debasing terms for women you are perpetuating a very powerful element used in our subjugation, language. I think you owe an apology to all women, even all of humanity. I wasn't going to say anything but your latest comment, again, insults me and u and all of us.

What is "supreme bitch behavior"anyway? Please use words that actually tell us something substantial.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mamaj: View Post
    I will not and can not apologize for Susan Upchurch and her supreme bitch behavior. She has covered for Efferen for too long.

5. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

6. TopTop #244
    mamaj

Take the blinders off, I'm just telling it like it is and keepin' it real. Move on now........

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karen: View Post
    Off topic of EC but, you weren't asked to apologize for Upchurch but to her for using language that demeans her, i.e "bitch" and "bimbo". I am sure you are not aware of it but when you use these sexist, debasing terms for women you are perpetuating a very powerful element used in our subjugation, language. I think you owe an apology to all women, even all of humanity. I wasn't going to say anything but your latest comment, again, insults me and u and all of us.

What is "supreme bitch behavior"anyway? Please use words that actually tell us something substantial.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #245
    Tinque

Interesting to read "discredit oneself" .. hello are you not seeing the facts ? I do not trust the press , I know for a fact that the truth is not always printed correctly , if not changed to suit whomever .. Mr. Carrillo drunk or whatever , is and was responsible for his actions and even more so since he is an elected official..That is really that.. Very Simple.. Yes there is most likely a lot more to it.. can you imagine that.. especially in politics..but if you look at the basic facts.. Mr Carrillo misbehaved , got caught , is scrambling to figure the easiest way out (or his advisors are I mean) and I find that though , unfortunately common in the political world , absolutely not acceptable and he is old enough to know better.. What kind of people are we going to let set a foundation for ourselves ,our children and community? This whole thing is disgusting ..the incident , the blindness of people and the brainwashing that people are so susceptible to.. also let us spend some ridiculous amount of money to find out if his behavior was/is acceptable or not.. Our schools are not in need of funds , nor our roads ,people suffering from mental illness , the homeless .... who is in charge of where our money goes? Pathetic

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    I have never talked about absolving Efren, just waiting until he has a chance to defend himself. You do seem to want to discredit anyone who disagrees with you, Henry ... and I'm sure that many people are wondering why that is ...

9. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

10. TopTop #246
    arthunter

You read my post incorrectly ... I was accusing Henry of discrediting those that disagree with him ... I don't need to respond to the rest of this ... I've stated my opinion and I don't have the need to repeat it over and over and over again ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tinque: View Post
    Interesting to read "discredit oneself" ..

11. TopTop #247
    sebastacat

How sad that posters personally insulting posters has seemed to have become the norm over the last week.

Henry, I wish to extend to you my heartfelt appreciation for your numerous wonderful posts and for having the guts, the courage, the grit and the temerity to state your opinions in unmistakable terms regarding Efren's nefarious and reprehensible conduct. You truly made this fourth-generation, lifelong Sonoma County resident proud!

That someone would denigrate you for doing so privately -- or publicly, as was the case yesterday with Sebastacat (and, yes, you all know who you are) is unacceptable and speaks volumes about their character flaws and personal shortcomings -- not yours, Henry. And, F.Y.I., that is why Sebastacat took yesterdays "strident," "third-person," and "self-annointed" criticisms with a half-a-grain of salt -- and that was, quite frankly, being overly generous.

In my opinion, your leaving this site is a monumental loss, as you were one of the greatest posters whose posts Sebastacat had the pleasure of reading during his eight months on this site.

And I will tell you that if the unwarranted ad homonym attacks which have been and continue to be leveled at me keep being made against me, I just might follow you right out of here myself.

12. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

13. TopTop #248
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Please, Henry, don't go! There are some of us here who really have liked your posts; intelligent, thoughtful, grammatically correct, and some that made me laugh out loud (which puts you way up there in my hierarchy). To quit posting because of the nasty note below would mean that the assholes are winning, wouldn't it?

Sara

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Henry Bernard: View Post
    To all the Waccos, friend and foe, it's been fun. Today I received a classy email (see below) that has me rethinking participation on Barry's site. ...]

14. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

15. TopTop #249
    Karen

Hey, wait a minute, Henry, you left out what you wrote to me privately. I won't post those although you've been nothing but hostile. Ta ta!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Henry Bernard: View Post
    T Today I received a classy email (see below) that has me rethinking participation on Barry's site....
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #250
    Valley Oak

I would like to direct our attention to the poll, above. The folks who vote that Carrillo resign immediately outnumber EVERYONE ELSE almost 3 to 1!

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #251
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Hi Everybody,

Can you please just chill, at least for the weekend?
    I'm trying to enjoy being on the RiverGuidess trip.
    I'd like to not worry about pandemonium breaking out.
    Please?
    Thanks!

20. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

21. TopTop #252
    mamaj

Henry please think positive and don't let those negative energies let you down . I get critical emails sometimes myself ,like when Susan Upchuck ,oops,Upchurch sent me a rude one the other day,gotta let some things go ,dust their dirt off and stand up for yourself. But please don't stop posting on wacco,we are keepi' it real here ,and you are one of the real informed folks we enjoy and learn from.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-06-2013 at 09:26 PM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

23. TopTop #253
    dominus

For many people it's a big challenge to focus on the facts and not to attack the person. And no matter how many times it gets said, some people don't get it. They just don't.

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #254

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hummingbird: View Post
    Dear Waccos,
    After reading some of this heated thread, I can't help but throw out my two cents......."

So here is my catch. I think he was set up and it went something like this.... :

It was his own free will by which he chose to enter the streets near naked at 3am with some still undisclosed weapon or object sharp enough to cut a screen. If he was invited he wouldn't have been breaking in.

But this episode has now revealed that he's an alcoholic. That fact alone is way plenty enough to demand resignation.

He was not set up to be an alcoholic. Statistics overwhelmingly show that by the time you get to rehab, you've been an alcoholic for years.

This likely means the whole time he's been pulling a $3k/mo salary for being a central public servant making important choices for 1000's he's been an alcoholic. And by the time you get to rehab, it's day 1 of a very, very long time until reliable stability and anything close to a clear mind.

To everyone paving a yellow brick road of possible excuses for him - HE'S AN ALCOHOLIC NOW IN REHAB. Why is it responsible to ignore or minimize this or wait to know anything else???

26. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

27. TopTop #255
    sebastacat

Alexia: Thanks for yet another passionate post on this subject.

I agree with much of what you have to say. But I hope you don't mind if I point out a couple of things.

He's not making 3/K a month. He's making 3/K a WEEK! Which makes this all the more serious, in my opinion.

Second, as I stated in a couple of my recent posts, a weapon to cut the screen would not be needed to tear most modern-day windowscreens. A finger pulled sideways will do quite a nice job, as my actual-conditions test which I performed on one of my own windowscreens last week proved.

If he did, in fact have some yet undisclosed weapon, as you stated in your post, that is going to be a very damning piece of evidence against him.

So far, the police seem to be holding their cards close to their chest, and aside from the obvious notoriety which this case has taken on, they must have other reasons for doing so.

28. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

29. TopTop #256
    Damien

Where are Efren' pants? It is chilly in Palm Springs in the evening.

30. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

31. TopTop #257
    podfish

... His energy has always felt slimy and dishonest to me....

So here is my catch. I think he was set up and it went something like this.... $10000 for the seductress in the bar...someone he is aquainted with. 3am telephone call..."Efren, I know you want me, if you come over in your whities I'll give you whatever you want......I'm feeling kinky I want you to rip my screen.....
    gotta say, I'm convinced. Aside from it being pure speculation, it just feels so truthy that other explanations seem pointless. As several have pointed out on this thread, the wait for evidence seems unnecessary.
    The only part of the post that confuses me is how the point of view changed. Because he was set up, you no longer trust your initial impression of him as slimy???

32. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

33. TopTop #258
    hummingbird

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    gotta say, I'm convinced. Aside from it being pure speculation, it just feels so truthy that other explanations seem pointless. As several have pointed out on this thread, the wait for evidence seems unnecessary.
    The only part of the post that confuses me is how the point of view changed. Because he was set up, you no longer trust your initial impression of him as slimy???

Oh no, don't worry he is still slimy. I just think its not all black and white. Is it possible for this man (or any of us) to flip between victim and perpetrator. Until this incident I saw him only as perpetrator. Now there is no way he is the bad guy here. He needs help yes, and I don't even think I would want to bring my dry cleaning to him... He would likely ooze slim on it. Yes he should step down, but only because he got himself into a mess, and not because he is the bad guy. He got himself into this mess because he is a dirtbag, and he attracted the energy, not because he was going to rape her.

Also: Yes he is an alcohaulic and mabey that's why he should step down....but there are just as many crazies yelling about other's drinking habits that are causing havoc with their words and actions. There is help for them too. Its amazing how much of this thread it pure venting and reaction. Assumptions... I also think its dangerous to equate alchohaulic with bad guy. My understading is that alcohaulic means sick needing help. I think that instead of hanging out in anger and blame and reaction we might have better understanding if we sit and look at it through the eyes and ears of our hearts. Efren is just one more obvious symptom of a broken planet that we sure as hell won't manage to heal with all the hatred flying around here. If we really want answers and healing here then we need to look at what we are all doing to co create Efren and those like him. Instead we are just feeding the game. Loving the sensationalism and having someone to dump on. So much for an evolving race.

34. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

35. TopTop #259
    dominus

"If we really want answers and healing here then we need to look at what we are all doing to co create Efren and those like him." Hummingbird.

This is the complete truth. True leadership begins from within. Thank you for such a powerful comment.

36. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

37. TopTop #260
    Valley Oak

Efren Carrillo has a subscriber's account here on Wacco like the rest of us do. Please visit his Wacco profile and ask him to resign. He was on Wacco today around 5:20pm so he reads everything we say here. Here is his Wacco account address:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/membe...Efren-Carrillo

38. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

39. TopTop #261

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    .....He's not making 3/K a month. He's making 3/K a WEEK! Which makes this all the more serious, in my opinion.

Second, as I stated in a couple of my recent posts, a weapon to cut the screen would not be needed to tear most modern-day windowscreens. A finger pulled sideways will do quite a nice job, as my actual-conditions test which I performed on one of my own windowscreens last week proved.....
    Thank you.

Corrections: We are paying an alcoholic $12,000/mo to go to rehab and ignore the job he was hired for, and it is yet undisclosed what method this elected official used to tear a constituents bedroom screen at 3:40am in his underwear.

40. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

41. TopTop #262
    arthunter

Yes, anyone can be paid to do anything ... sadly, that is the world that we are living in ... and it is why we must not rush to judgement, especially in the political arena ....

When I wrote to Susan about Efren suggesting that he make a public statement, I also mentioned the possibility that he had been framed. Her last words to me were "Be very careful" ... what does she know, I wondered ...

Shortly after I exposed Cointelpro ( see former posting in this thread ) or the targeting of innocent politicians and activists, I had a scary thing happen to me ... I was shopping for my business, I had left my coffee in the car and went back to have a sip ... when I resumed shopping I suddenly felt dizzy and my vision changed ... as it got worse, I realized that I had to make it to the emergency room right away. Driving was difficult and I finally pulled into a parking lot fearing for my safety. As soon as I pulled in, I quickly lost consciousness ... I awoke some time later with the symptoms greatly reduced, so I went home ....

There is a war against activists, whistle-blowers and the press. This is obvious. There is a war against truth. As an activist, I have been unfairly targeted with Cointelpro tactics for over a year and I no longer feel safe in my home. I have evidence of break-ins and more than one attempt on my life. I have copies of a pg&e report saying that my exit vents were blocked leading to an excess of carbon monoxide in my environment. The vents were magically cleared by the time I got a handyman out to deal with it. I have evidence of break-ins and car vandalism leading to brake loss, etc. It goes on and on ... ( see Chemical woman thread )

My husband has also had attempts to destroy him with car lug nuts loosened, a pace maker that suddenly stopped working ( look up directed energy weapons - sort of like remote control affecting electronics from a distance ), and now he has viral induced cancer ... his crime? ... standing by me and supporting me ...

Yes, this is a matter for another thread but I did want to caution those who innocently speak their minds, ... there are some sinister forces watching you and trying to stop you ... this has been proven by many accounts, not just mine .... I'm not suggesting that we all just shut up and suppress the truth ( as we see it ) ... I'm suggesting that we be mindful of retaliation and report those incidents ... I am hoping that a brave whistle-blower will expose these horrendous crimes ... it only takes one hero to change the world, as Edward Snowden has proven ... in the meantime, I'm looking for a safe home ....

...So here is my catch. I think he was set up and it went something like this.... $10000 for the seductress in the bar...
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2013 at 03:11 PM.

42. TopTop #263
    Tinque

What a bunch of crap.. He could not have made it to where he is now (before incidents) , being an alcoholic..He may drink a lot , but obviously not in a debilitating way .This is just a excuse , and one that gets plenty of empathy and sympathy from people , to try to cover up and change the issues at hand .. What do you expect ? Well I can say that I expect A LOT MORE.. It bothers me that so many people are making up excuses , trying to figure it out , are feeling let down or even finding reasons like , he was set up , or he is an alcoholic to make these incidents in some way acceptable. Well they are not.. It is as simple as that.. He is just one of many whom should not be in powerful positions that control a lot of things in our lives.. I am glad he got caught (not that I am in any way wishing that the victim had to experience any of this ) , but glad he did not do more damage than he already has. Let us focus on what to do now. He , Mr. Carrillo , has had his chance , blew it more than once . Let him enjoy rehab.. I am sure he will be celebrating with a glass of wine when he gets out if not before.. if he's even there.,

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Alexia: View Post
    HE'S AN ALCOHOLIC NOW IN REHAB.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2013 at 03:13 PM.

43. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

44. TopTop #264
    Vickie Brown

Let me get this straight it has become about poor Efren again. And some great conspiracy against him again. How does one explain San Diego and that brawl, which he knocked out a guy. And if you saw the picture that the nightclub posted (which I actually have). He has a drink in his hand and is obviously grinding into some lady's rearend. That is a knight in shining armor? Not in the ordinary citizen's thinking. But I'm sure someone can put a spin on it somehow.

Now 10 months later, this time Efren, the same "Knight in shining armor" attempts to break into another woman's home. This is a quote from Sir Creepy himself "“I realize that my behavior was embarrassing." after he was arrested. Embarrassing? No creepy guy. It was not embarrassing, it was horrifying and terrifying to that woman that you just made a victim. This is the man that some of you have rationalized keeping in office. UGH!

As I woman that makes me sick (do not take that personal). But those that find his value system and how he cares about women acceptable, especially the women that are excusing his behavior now. This is really really sad. Think of the woman he victimized here in Santa Rosa and I understand in downtown Santa Rosa bars, there have been other complaints about his behavior. Think of the women down in San Diego he was grinding into, pictures speak loudly. He thinks women are something he can play with, toys. All he is and says is "embarrassed". No woman should be defending this schmuck. We want someone in office that values men, women, children, and since I am advocate for animals (them too) equally. Not this person who only values himself. He needs to go.

Supervisor Gorin, I sure hope you are reading all these.

45. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

46. TopTop #265
    Karen

I could think of another motive. What if someone needed one more vote for a project coming before the board and felt they werent going to get it? Maybe he was targeted. Arthunter tells a dark tale but it fits with the culture of our day. Unfortunately. Anyone know if there was an unexpected vote cast by Carrillo not long after the first incident? I have not been following local news.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Yes, anyone can be paid to do anything ... sadly, that is the world that we are living in ... and it is why we must not rush to judgement, especially in the political arena ....
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2013 at 01:08 PM.

47. TopTop #266
    arthunter

How about the fact that almost 600 victims of Cointelpro targeting recently wrote to him? Perhaps he was planning to investigate the criminal surveillance and harassment of some of our finest citizens ... can't let that happen, because government contractors are paid nicely for this unfair abuse, so get rid of him ... discredit him ....

So let me get this straight ... this handsome guy earning 12,000 a month has to break into a neighbor's bedroom to have sex? ... what's wrong with this picture? ... oh, and at 4am there just happen to be several witnesses? ... now how does that happen? .... and Efren is suddenly in a program that leaves him unable to speak and the woman can't speak because she's a supposed sexual assault victim ... how convenient ...

And in the meantime, many in the county begin a sincere effort to remove him from office, before the facts are discussed, before any proof is admitted, before testimony is heard, etc. ... why the rush? is there an agenda here?

Let me explain about targeting ... it's not done haphazardly ... it's done with great skill ... first you are watched for a long time and all of your likes and dislikes are noted ... if you happen to like to drink then this will probably be the angle that is used ... Cointelpro has unlimited funding and many, many civilian "agents" are on the pay roll ... they will infiltrate every aspect of your life in order to bring you down ... do the research ....

I could think of another motive. What if someone needed one more vote for a project coming before the board and felt they werent going to get it? Maybe he was targeted. Arthunter tells a dark tale but it fits with the culture of our day. Unfortunately. Anyone know if there was an unexpected vote cast by Carrillo not long after the first incident? I have not been following local news.

48. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

49. TopTop #267
    dzerach

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dian Hardy: View Post
    Once again I urge those of us who have FB accounts to visit his page and see the messages of support there. We really are one perspective, with our own set of values, our own little world.
    Church lady is sharing a select few of the FB comments on Efren's page as they apparently illustrate why many feel the way they do about Efren's behavior.

• He's only human. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone drinks.
    • the fact that you don't drink give you the right to judge others? wow I think I prefer some one who drinks and makes mistakes like humans do!
    • Well, it did sound comical. I hope he was just partying and acting goofy like I also have done.
    • I would never want to be in such public scrutiny!!! I did vote for him, so hope he just tells the truth that he was just being playful after a few drinks and realize we all have done crazy things when young !!!
    • Has no one here made mistakes when drinking?
    • Yea it's true, I met Efren Carrillo, and he's a good guy and wants the best for Sonoma County. He's not hurting anyone else.
    • I hope in time that the real story of what happened comes out in your favor. The PD's gotta sell papers!
    • Just take care of your self, we all do stupid things when were intoxicated. We all love and support you!!
    • We all make mistakes bro..keep your head up..don't let this idiots behind the computer talk stupidity and quick to point a finger..
    Lastly, a gentleman who is using his real name by all appearances while identifying himself as being the victim's brother is on there by default identifying the victim, and commenting in support of Efren. You people who don't get how sickening this whole thing is, I wouldn't have the ability to explain let alone be heard.

Awhile ago, after learning of how any "unsupportive" comments posted on the public official's FB page were being deleted, I posted a few of my own, including a satirical one -- and sure enough, all were wiped away. While there, I reviewed the comments that were left in tact, and came away incredulous. Drinking. This attitude of "You aren't normal unless you drink." More importantly, and inevitably by extension: The lax attitude towards drunk driving in the county. It's disturbing for anyone who has loved ones there. I had to stop thinking about it awhile ago, to only visualize goodness and care happening on the roads.

For me, there is no separation between the reasons why:
    1. The county tolerates a supe in rehab. What I mean is: an actively employed supe making his very first visit to rehab. The mere fact that no one gets the future of this: 30 days is never the ticket that gets a person across; and an individual sincerely seeking treatment and a full recovery would never return to this kind of job, being on a county's board of supervisors, immediately afterward, even if it were a more reasonable amount of time spent in rehab and an increased number of visits.
    2. The immeasurable harm caused by drunk driving in general, and the actual many harms that have been perpetrated upon the county as particulars;
    3. And the continued lax laws in the face of attempts at increased enforcement and education.

50. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

51. TopTop #268
    Karen

PS I was referencing Hummingbird's "So I'm struggling with motive. Why... The only thing I can think of is he is first real Mexican to be in political office" comment when i said that I could think of another motive. That wasnt clear.

Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2013 at 02:44 PM.

52. TopTop #269
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I'm back from an all-too-short wonderful weekend on the Stanislaus River. I'm glad to see things have settled down to the usual heated disagreements. Thanks!

I've split off the comments about Sebastacat's referral to himself in the third person to a thread in WaccoTalk called "Sebastacat". This will allow those of you who a not interested to unsubscribe from that thread while continuing to receive updates from this thread.

Regarding unsubscribing in general, if you click the recently renamed button that appears on the bottom of individual email updates, this will stop the individual emails, but that thread will still be included in your Daily Digest if you are subscribed to that category (which you are by default). If you click on a post in your digest, that will remove that thread from your future digests.

In regards to Edward's post:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    Efren Carrillo has a subscriber's account here on Wacco like the rest of us do. Please visit his Wacco profile and ask him to resign. He was on Wacco today around 5:20pm so he reads everything we say here. Here is his Wacco account address:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/membe...Efren-Carrillo
    That profile was established and used by his District Director, Susan Upchurch. She had requested it be removed quite a while ago. I guess I missed that. I have removed it now.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-06-2013 at 01:18 PM.

53. TopTop #270

There are two things that most puzzle me about this: 1)The arresting officers did not find him to be intoxicated enough to warrant a charge of public drunkenness which makes me wonder why most of the public discussion turns on the "fact"--never established--that he was drunk and 2)His behavior as described is not at all typical of drunken behavior. I can think of other substances that might trigger the described behavior but intoxication is not one of them.

Thoughts?

54. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: