37 67.27%
  • Not yet.

3 5.45%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • I don't know

10 18.18%

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #211
    Marty M

Re: Efren Carrillo arrested on Prowling and Burglary charges!!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sandoak: View Post
    Thank you, Edward, for the contact information.

I have just written an email to Efren Carrillo with a copy to Susan Upchurch. I stated my opinion that, given the meager facts available to us, people calling for him to resign are inexcusably rushing to judgment. I expressed my hope that when the truth is known, he will be able to continue to serve us as Supervisor.

I must add that I do not feel safe in the current Wacco climate, and I post this with fear.
    Thank you for writing, Sandy.
    Firstly, I would like to state that I have been deeply disappointed with Efren Carrillo's pro development voting record. I love rural Sonoma County and would very much like for it to be preserved.

Secondly, we live in a country of laws. And one of our most basic and fundamental laws is that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Trial by newspaper article is inappropriate, ignorant, emotional prejudiced behavior.

Thirdly, an embarrassing personal experience, and I had only had one cup of coffee. Recently on a bright sunny day in downtown Sebastopol, I exited a business on Main Street, and walked over to my parked car. My key wouldn't unlock the door and I was looking at the windows to see if any were partially down. A woman then walked out of an adjacent business and asked me what I was doing with her car. It turned out my car, exact make, model and color was parked right next to hers.

There are incidences where people have actually driven off with another person's car because their key happened to fit. I might have. There are incidences where people have entered the wrong apartment.

In many of our modern cookie cutter neighborhoods the houses all look alike. And at night they probably all look about the same color. It may not take very many beers to get disorientated in one's neighborhood and walk up to a house he thought was his own, try the doors, realise that he was locked out and look for a window to climb in. Realise it was the wrong house and knock on the front door to say he was mistaken, oops, wrong house.

Embarrassing, yes. Burglary with intent to rape or sexually assault?

In all of the public articles and pics of Efren Carrillo I have never once thought he had a rapist or burglar type of personality. Pro development, unfortunately yes.

Through all of this I have been asking myself: If he had consistently voted pro rural preservation of Sonoma County, how would I feel about this incident?" (and I am also aware of the San Diego incident).

Marty
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #212
    sebastacat

Marty....

Thank you for your courteous reply.

However, I have to disagree with you on a couple of points. I'll tell you why.

If Carrillo had been in his apartment drinking beer, why would he venture outside in nothing but his undies and socks at 3:40 in the morning?

Also, it has been reported that he had his cell phone with him. If he had locked himself out of his residence, why not call the apartment manager and ask them to come over and open it with their master key? Why not call the police? Why not call a locksmith?

Lastly, when he finally did go and knock on the front door, why didn't he wait for this woman to open the door so he could explain the situation fully and completely?

He did none of these things.

What did he do instead? He ran away.

And when the police came, he gave them an explanation for his conduct which they found to be not credible; hence, the subsequent arrest.

Sorry, but those are just a few of the many undisputed facts.

Finally, to answer your last question, I do not care what Efren's politics are; politics have nothing to do with my opinion that he should resign. And I would absolutely feel the same way if someone who shared my politics engaged in similar conduct.

As Supervisor Gorin and Supervisor so eloquently stated on Tuesday morning, all elected officials must be held to a higher standard.

And in Sebastacat's opinion, it is up to us, the people of Sonoma County, to demand that that standard be upheld.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #213
    Marty M

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    If Carrillo had been in his apartment drinking beer, why would he venture outside in nothing but his undies and socks at 3:40 in the morning?

Also, it has been reported that he had his cell phone with him. If he had locked himself out of his residence, why not call the apartment manager and ask them to come over and open it with their master key? Why not call the police? Why not call a locksmith?
    Maybe he was talking on the phone and needed to take a leak?
    And I repeat I do not agree with Efren's voting and pro development record, but I do think he should not be tried by newspaper.
    Marty
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2013 at 10:35 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #214
    arthunter

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    It doesn't take something near as sharp as a cat's claw -- or a knife -- to cut the cheap screens that they put on windows nowadays. A piece of brush or a sharp rock will do the job just fine.
    This is a matter for the courts to debate ... have you been to the women's house? do you know what kind of screening is in place? ...

I wrote to Susan this morning suggesting that Efren make a public statement. He is in a treatment facility and he is not allowed to do that ... so, basically, he's being ousted from his job without the chance to say a single word ... do you think that this is right?

I have just written an email to Efren Carrillo with a copy to Susan Upchurch. I stated my opinion that, given the meager facts available to us, people calling for him to resign are inexcusably rushing to judgment. I expressed my hope that when the truth is known, he will be able to continue to serve us as Supervisor.

I must add that I do not feel safe in the current Wacco climate, and I post this with fear.

I share your concerns, Sandoak and I think that the fear that you feel is valid ... what you are witnessing is a man being deprived of his 6th amendment rights .... very scary indeed! ...

"Secondly, we live in a country of laws. And one of our most basic and fundamental laws is that a person is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Trial by newspaper article is inappropriate, ignorant, emotional prejudiced behavior."

Well said !!!!

8. TopTop #215
    sebastacat

No, I haven't been to her house. How could I? I don't know where she lives. And even if I knew where she lived, which I don't, I STILL wouldn't attempt to go there and visit her after the frightening experience which she just underwent -- which is probably still quite fresh in her mind.

I am basing my comments on typical window screens which are used on most dwelling units nowadays, which, to all of my observations, are quite thin and easy to tear. That's why they're called screens, because their purpose is to screen out insects when one wishes to open the window.

Years ago, on the house I used to live in, window screens were made of actual metal; now, they're usually not.
    Since the metal ones eventualy rusted on our old house, we had to replace them all, since if we did not, they would have eventually rusted away, not to mention the fact that many of them looked just plain unsighly.

F.Y.I., yesterday, I performed a test on one of my screens and found that that it is, in fact, very easy to tear a window screen just by using one's own finger and pulling it to the side.

9. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

10. TopTop #216
    sebastacat

Thanks for the kudos, Henry. I'm glad some people on here have appreciation for my work and many good deeds all done in an effort to make this county a better place in which to live.

11. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

12. TopTop #217

Look. This is not about a judge and jury. This is not about a felony conviction. This is about behavior of an elected official. His actions warrant his resignation. After all, didn't he fired the former Ag Commish for a DUI? What makes you think a county supervisor should hold his/her position after two arrests? It's absurd that he, technically, still holds his seat on the board. His afflictions have denied his constituency representation and have burned some tax payer moolah, to boot. The fact that he has yet to resigned indicates his total disregard for the responsibilities of a County Supervisor.

He needs to resign, pronto.

Right now.

The courts will deal with him later.

13. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

14. TopTop #218

...I have just written an email to Efren Carrillo with a copy to Susan Upchurch. I stated my opinion that, given the meager facts available to us, people calling for him to resign are inexcusably rushing to judgment. I expressed my hope that when the truth is known, he will be able to continue to serve us as Supervisor.

It makes me afraid that I live among people willing to call someone being arrested in the street at 3am in his underwear and socks for attempted burglary and sexual assault a meager fact about a public official responsible for decisions affecting 1000's of people.

There are facts now!! And they are NOT meager. It is not an act of heart or compassion to make excuses for someone's totally unacceptable behavior.

Would you please offer what you would consider an excuse for the known facts now after which it would still be OK with you to have him make decisions that affect your life? Or are you saying nothing is a fact until a trial is over? That's inaccurate.

I don't need to know more. I feel the far more responsible way to view this for the welfare of 1000's of people is that no further facts need be known before demanding resignation.

The country is in a big hole now for the total lack of backbone of anyone with the power to do so holding officials making decisions for many accountable. We're fools if we make the same mistake.

15. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

16. TopTop #219

Barry,

Thank you for addressing these issues.

My fear arises from watching members of my community hell-bent on destroying the reputation and career of a decent man who has served us well. When I read these posts, I'm left shaking, nearly in tears. I feel sick watching this feeding frenzy of speculation based on meager facts that prove neither wrongful acts nor wrongful intent.

I'm so sorry this is being done to Efren, and when I consider posting an opinion I think twice. If my community can do this to Efren, they can do it to me.

Even on a lesser level, I'm a simple human being. I can be damaged when people mock, insult, distort or dismiss what I do or say.

Witnessing the mocking, insulting, distorting and dismissing of my elected representative is also damaging. It is emotionally painful and has deeply eroded the trust for this community I formerly enjoyed.

The possibility Marty suggests is very close to what I believe happened that night. If something like that turns out to be true, how will you feel about the "goal of getting Efren to resign"? How will you feel about participating in his ruin?

Sandy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Thanks for bravely stating your opinion, Sandy. I can understand your perceived lack of safety on this thread and it concerns me. I believe your fear arises from the strident tone of many recent posts, such as the one below. While clearly you are not at risk of bodily harm, the harsh and repetitive nature of some of the comments here can lead one to feel unsafe when expressing a contrary opinion due to social pressure.

While I agree with Sebastcat's goal of getting Efren to resign,

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #220
    Damien

This talk of safety is a Trojan Horse. Change the subject. Efren is a politician that has worked on whose behalf?

.. Beyond that, while you may not agree with all of his votes and suspect his allegiances, Efren is still a gifted young politician that has worked tirelessly on our behalf for years. ...

19. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

20. TopTop #221
    scamperwillow

I agree something like this could have happened. Of course, it would be so much better if the suspect would give some sort of public explanation - that could curtail this frenzy perhaps. I am not taking a position until more facts are known. I'm kind of turned off with this feeding frenzy on Wacco - really folks.......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Marty M: View Post
    In many of our modern cookie cutter neighborhoods the houses all look alike. And at night they probably all look about the same color. It may not take very many beers to get disorientated in one's neighborhood and walk up to a house he thought was his own, try the doors, realise that he was locked out and look for a window to climb in. Realise it was the wrong house and knock on the front door to say he was mistaken, oops, wrong house.

Embarrassing, yes. Burglary with intent to rape or sexually assault?

21. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

22. TopTop #222
    arthunter

Henry,

So you base your opinion of this incident on the PD coverage? You're not at all interested in Efren's side of the story, or an impartial examination of the facts? You assume that he is guilty, right? Interesting ...

( I'll ignore the insult, and all insults that you throw at me ... life's too short ... )

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Henry Bernard: View Post
    ... You would deny us, the people, this gift, this power, this most democratic means to insure against tyranny.

Possibly, you are the one to be feared, even more so than the bogeymen you ardently warn us against.

23. Gratitude expressed by:

24. TopTop #223
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Barry,

So you would require that having access by which to discuss with an elected official his duties and actions relative to his representation as being "inappropriate". This is not a secret number...
    Excuse me, I thought it might be his personal number and he has right to have a private personal life. However I see that he has published that number for use during his campaigns, if not his official county business, so I wouldn't consider it private. The number is (707)235-9835. I still think calling his office line (once) is more useful.

Quote Barry, on your watch, the county has gone broke. Read the current year's fiscal accounting; we're broke. It is the actions of the 'polite', the 'caring', the 'sensitive' that have enabled an entitled bureaucracy to divest the county of all its wealth for the next two generations, sans a bankruptcy. Congratulations on your propriety. Good luck to your children. You aid and abet in offering to our 1% a child's measure pound of flesh.

Henry
    Given that it is me that you are attacking , I don't mind so much, but posts like these perpetuates the feelings of un-safety, which ends up suppressing both participation and readership.

Also, regarding the purported "facts" in this incident, I'd like to draw a sharper point of precision: What is an un-disputable "fact" is that Press Democrat wrote an article that quoted the police along with other reporter-written text. What the police actually said, may or may not be accurately reported, nor do we have the police department's full report. Furthermore, what the police reported may or may not be a full and accurate reporting of what they observed, which is yet another step away from the "fact" of what actually happened that early morning.

That said, I did find the the PD's report persuasive, but I wouldn't call it stone-hard "fact".
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2013 at 10:40 AM.

25. Gratitude expressed by:

26. TopTop #224
    podfish

My fear arises from watching members of my community hell-bent on destroying the reputation and career of a decent man who has served us well. ...

Witnessing the mocking, insulting, distorting and dismissing of my elected representative is also damaging. It is emotionally painful
    First off, 'destroyed' is a bit hyperbolic. Reputations in politics are nowhere near as fragile as all that. Maybe unfortunately, you can't play in that arena if you find insults, mocking, and personal attacks personally overwhelming. I don't think Efren is all that fragile, and the existence of supporters such as yourself suggests he won't be all that damaged when this is over.

Certainly he's compromised his reputation, and he's done that all by himself. People have always railed about how unfair it is that their reputations are sullied unfairly, but your reputation isn't your private property. It's a magic entity that only exists in context with your community. A person in Efren's position has to preserve appearances too, since we rely on appearances as part of judging someone's trustworthiness. It's too bad that makes him vulnerable to complex conspiracies which falsely put him in a bad light, but it does. He has to guard himself against that just like anyone has to guard themselves against other dangers in the world. The political system can be distorted by people who have their own personal interests paramount, and are willing to act unethically to forward their own goals. That's going to be the case on this world till the second coming or its equivalent, and anyone who can't operate in that context can't achieve much.

27. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

28. TopTop #225
    arthunter

See my earlier post, Henry, he's in rehab and not allowed to speak ....

Arthunter,

So you'd have an entire nation abrogate its long held privilege of recalling elected officials as your inconsistent evaluations disagree with a historical will of the people? I've eagerly awaited Efren's side of the story, just as I eagerly await his side of the San Diego fiasco, an incident during which he hospitalized a man. Sadly, I've yet to be offered a personal account of either. In his silence he affirms his guilt given our system allows a man to defend himself, a defense Efren, apparently, has no ability to mount.

Henry

29. TopTop #226
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    See my earlier post, Henry, he's in rehab and not allowed to speak ....
    he didn't get dropped off there by the cops who busted him. He's chosen this path on purpose. Don't try to make him helpless, or a victim himself.

30. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

31. TopTop #227
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Arthunter,

So you'd have an entire nation abrogate its long held privilege of recalling elected officials
    You're attacking a straw-man, Henry. I see no indication by Arthunter of abrogating the public's right to recall. All I see is a request to wait for a trial, before requesting Efren resign, and nothing pro or con about a recall.

Let's stop conflating these things, folks!

32. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

33. TopTop #228
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

BTW, the poll attached to this thread now has 46 votes!

Yes, Now!
    Not yet.
    No.
    I don't know

You can see the votes and vote if you haven't done so, here.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2013 at 10:46 AM.

34. Gratitude expressed by:

35. TopTop #229
    arthunter

I have never talked about absolving Efren, just waiting until he has a chance to defend himself. You do seem to want to discredit anyone who disagrees with you, Henry ... and I'm sure that many people are wondering why that is ...

Barry,

If we're to wait for the trial before even suggesting a resignation, what of our right to oust the man if the community supports the effort? Such is an abrogation of long held tradition. Embrace the explicit and ignore the implicit if you will. It changes nothing in that this woman would have us absolve Efren because she finds in it a convenient foil for her paranoia. ...

36. Gratitude expressed by:

37. TopTop #230
    jbox

Arthunter,

So you'd have an entire nation abrogate its long held privilege of recalling elected officials as your inconsistent evaluations disagree with a historical will of the people? I've eagerly awaited Efren's side of the story, just as I eagerly await his side of the San Diego fiasco, an incident during which he hospitalized a man. Sadly, I've yet to be offered a personal account of either. In his silence he affirms his guilt given our system allows a man to defend himself, a defense Efren, apparently, has no ability to mount.

Henry
    Henry,

I don't have the desire to re-read all the posts on this now very tiresome topic but it occurs to me that you joined wacco on July 14, the day this story broke. It is clear you, and maybe the self annointed sebastacat, are the undisputed leaders of the Church Lady Society To Crucify Efren. So be it. I ask, now, that you follow your own advice and give this thing a rest, if not for your own peace of mind then for me and Barry and all the other long suffering waccoons. Otherwise I guess you may be called a troll. 45 posts in 16 days? Really, now, go to church, say 20 Hail Mary's, and 35 Our Fathers and do 15 minutes of genuflecting, and maybe walk on your knees for a few laps around the rectory. And please, please, take a vow of silence, literal and virtual.

38. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

39. TopTop #231
    jbox

When will it sink in Arthunter, when? No one, no one, is denying him the right to defend himself. He refuses the right. This is his mode. Delay, obfuscate and demure. He's done it before; he does it now. He needs those such as yourself. You enable him; empower him. As for your 'many people', well, I'm right here and the room knows I'm not afraid of a slight.

Henry
    OK, you've been slighted. And I stand corrected - it is now 46 posts.

40. TopTop #232
    jbox

You've gone to the trouble to personally count all my posts....
    Henry,

Since you're new here all you have to do is click on your avatar to know how many posts you have made. A fan club? Please don't flatter yourself. A scientologist? Okey dokey, I'm beginning to understand now. Take a breath, Henry, and how about that vow of silence?
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.

41. TopTop #233
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Aren't you the charming little creature
    Jbox and Henry: That's enough guys...

42. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

43. TopTop #234
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

I have to (politely) disagree with you here, Barry; this post doesn't sound strident to me at all, but true and to the point, and in this part:

"I will also tell you with confidence and clarity that I cannot recall a single poster on this forum making a post which was in any way threatening of another Waccobbian for stating their opinion on this latest disturbing event -- including you.

Sebastacat"

Sebastacat was complimenting Waccobians and their posts here. You should take this as a compliment.

Auntie Wacco

While I agree with Sebastcat's goal of getting Efren to resign, I am disturbed by the harshness and strident tone of his writing. This wouldn't be a problem but for the fact that he posts so often, most of which being quite redundant. As today's birthday boy sang: "Please don't dominate the rap, Jack, if you've got nothing new to say". I have spoken to him personally and via email requesting that he tone down his rhetoric and moderate his posting frequency to no avail. So I now request that publicly.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.

44. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

45. TopTop #235
    sebastacat

Thanks to all WACCOBBIANS who took time out of your lives to support me.

Antie WACCO: You are quite correct; I was complimenting many WACCOBBIANS. Apparently, the many positive posts which I have made here have been conveniently forgotten by a few people who like to disparage me and would rather accentuate the negative about me. How sad it is that they have such a twisted need to view me through a pair of such dark lenses.

Not only does Sebastacat have a thick skin (acquired with age), but, due to his great love of roses, he is also used to being lashed by thorns on a regular basis. So to get lashed by some of the thorns on WACCO is actually a bit better: there's never any blood involved -- at least not yet!

I will continue to speak out whenever I feel that there is an issue of such importance which demands that I honestly, fully and completely share my opinion -- such as the tragic issue with which we now find ourselves confronted.

Thankfully, four Sonoma County Supervisors and the majority of the posters here have made it abundantly and unmistakably clear that the conduct which has been exhibited by our current fifth-district supervisor is not acceptabe, and for that, I am truly thankful.

46. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

47. TopTop #236
    Karen

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    I agree Barry, but doesn't he get to speak in his own defense so that we can determine those things? ... If you were accused of poor judgement, no self control and raging hormones, wouldn't you like the chance to defend yourself before the community destroys your career?
    Is the community destroying his career? Or is he? I wonder. Could it be both? Alcohol is an addictive and dangerous drug. It's easily available and has the potential to destroy susceptible people.

It's also the business of Sonoma Co.

I went to Google and looked for photographs of Carrillo. He seems surrounded by drinkers and drinking, even during what seems to be the performance of his job. If he's serious about reining in his drinking, he should probably get out of Sonomaholic politics.
    Name:  upchurch carrillo.jpeg
Views: 1045
Size:  10.4 KBName:  carrillo.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  44.4 KBName:  carillo2.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  115.0 KBName:  carrillo3.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  66.6 KBName:  carrillo 4.jpeg
Views: 1033
Size:  10.9 KBName:  carrillo 5.jpeg
Views: 1092
Size:  8.5 KBName:  carrillo 6.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  30.6 KB

48. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

49. TopTop #237
    sambacat
    Supporting member

I also thank you, Edward, for the contact information.
    I also have just written an email to Efren Carrillo with a copy to Susan Upchurch. I stated my opinion that I was horrified he would terrorize a woman in her bedroom and then take the easy way out by blaming it on alcohol. There is absolutely no reason for him not to resign, other than to "hang in there" til he gets vested, i.e. take our money for his pension. Efren has violated our trust on so many levels. He has violated his responsibility to support Sonoma County citizens. He has committed a crime. He needs to set aside his ego and his desire to keep ahold of the power vested in him and R E S I G N. I wished him good luck with reconstructing his life, but urged him not to do it on our dime.

Sandyoak...what exactly don't you understand about the circumstances? Don't be afraid, I'm just curious about what "truth" you hope will somehow appear to exonerate this man, considering the undisputed facts.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.

50. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

51. TopTop #238
    mamaj

I will not and can not apologize for Susan Upchurch and her supreme bitch behavior. She has covered for Efferen for too long.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dian Hardy: View Post
    Mamaj, I've haven't heard an apology for what you said about Susan Upchurch and am asking for one now. Respect, people, give it a try.

52. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

53. TopTop #239
    Ice Queen

Indeed, it IS time to stop the witch hunting lynch mob. Who among us is without sin? Who among us have not made mistakes,(especially in our earlier lives) with negative consequences both to ourselves, our loved ones, and possibly our community. I hope that Efren can weather this storm, learn it's hard lessons, and realize that there are people waiting in the wings for still another victim to excoriate (a la Paula Downing) when they are finished with him. Caring community indeed! Blessings on you in your struggle Efren, you will come out of this crucible a better man than the warm, friendly person you were before all this.

Hang in there Efren!

54. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

55. TopTop #240
    Ice Queen

You aren't just salivating, you are drooling.

I hear from someone in the know, that after the Board of Supes comments, the heat has really risen on Efren to resign. Stay tuned...