Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    nlpPati

Zip Disc Photos To Another Format?

I have several zip discs with special family photos that I have never seen. They were made on a PC and I have a Mac and I don't have a zip drive. I have never even opened them because I don't think I have any way of viewing them.
    Can anyone advise me on how to view these photos and convert the ones I want to keep? Is this something that I can take to the photo department at the store and get made into a CD? Any idea what that would cost? I think I have about six zip discs. The photos were made from a digital camera about eight years ago.
    I don't really want prints of the photos. I would rather have them on my computer.
    Any advise or help with this project is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Pati

[email protected] :pengy::pengy:
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    don
    Founding Member

Re: Zip Disc Photos To Another Format?

Hi Pati
    ZIP discs can easily be burned to CD (given a ZIP drive, which work on PC and MAC). I may still have a ZIP drive hanging out somewhere (PC) so if you don't find a retail solution (Art's 2001 Photo?) let me know and I'll take a peek. Imagine $5-$10 per disk to burn a CD.
    Cheers
    Don
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by nlpPati:
    I have several zip discs with special family photos that I have never seen. They were made on a PC and I have a Mac and I don't have a zip drive. I have never even opened them because I don't think I have any way of viewing them.
    Can anyone advise me on how to view these photos and convert the ones I want to keep? Is this something that I can take to the photo department at the store and get made into a CD? Any idea what that would cost? I think I have about six zip discs. The photos were made from a digital camera about eight years ago.
    I don't really want prints of the photos. I would rather have them on my computer.
    Any advise or help with this project is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Pati

[email protected] :pengy::pengy:
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2006 at 10:22 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    350kitty

Hey Pati,
    If you know anyone who's currently taking a class at the JC, they can take the disks to the JC computer labs which have zip drives in both formats (Mac and PC). Try the computer labs in Maggini Hall. Maybe you or they can burn them to CD. Bring blank CDs just in case. Or you can buy them at the lab for $1 each (expensive for a single CD).

Good luck.

4. TopTop #4
    nlpPati

Thanks to all who offered to help me convert my zip discs. Several people wrote to me privately offering to help me. I will follow up with one of them. I had no idea that this would be such an easy project.
    Thanks again,
    Pati
    :pengy::pengy: