Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    JioK

New Sebastopol Resident: Internet Service Providers?

Hi All, I hope you can help me out. I am new to this area and I am curious about the options for internet at home- We would have two laptops in the home near downtown needing internet. Any info about local options will be much appreciated. We love it here
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: New Sebastopol Resident: Internet Service Providers?

You should definitely check out sonic.net. They are a great local company and have excellent customer service and tech service (all local). I've had them for at least a decade. A couple of years ago, I switched from just DSL to their Fusion service, which combines landline phone service (great to have here, as power outages are common) and broadband service. I've never been happier with any service provider of any kind, ever.

3. TopTop #3
    jitterbug

Ditto! I wholeheartedly recommend https://www.sonic.net/!

Welcome to the area!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post
    You should definitely check out sonic.net. They are a great local company and have excellent customer service and tech service (all local). I've had them for at least a decade. A couple of years ago, I switched from just DSL to their Fusion service, which combines landline phone service (great to have here, as power outages are common) and broadband service. I've never been happier with any service provider of any kind, ever.

4. TopTop #4
    Gene

Another vote for Sonic.net. Great prices, faster speed and great customer service.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    kayleepowell

Just to be informed, Sonic actually rents lines from ATT. I know this because Sonic signal won't reach my house, so I can't get their fusion plan, and I can only get Sonic internet by having an ATT landline. It is ok, but fusion plan sounds really good.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by JioK: View Post
    Hi All, I hope you can help me out. I am new to this area and I am curious about the options for internet at home- We would have two laptops in the home near downtown needing internet. Any info about local options will be much appreciated. We love it here

6. TopTop #6
    glenclem

I have had great service from the local provider Pacific OnLine. Their tech support took a me (non-tech type) step by step, with great patience, through solving a problem. I think they also offer free or low cost web site set-up for non-profits and they are in Santa Rosa.

7. TopTop #7

Yes, let's here it for sonic! I have had them for a very long time and as soon as fusion was available I got it. They do indeed lease lines from AT&T but there is a consumer benefit to this--if there is a problem, you deal with sonic, not AT&T. They have the finest customer service I've ever encountered and when I've had a big problem (once), they were diligent and fast. I really love them and I'm so glad that they are locally owned and operated.