Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Claire

Info on donating one's body to science

I have an elderly friend who wants very much to donate her body to science. She is not interested in the Pharma aspect.
    As a lifelong, dedicated healthy eater who amazes doctors with the good state of her various "parts", she would be a wonderful case study for a group that works with nutrition and helps to promote healthy living/lifestyles.
    There can't be that many elderly people who have maintained an excellent diet without any long term medications.
    She and I have no clue where to start with this aside from her Allopathic doctor.
    Can anyone give us some leads?
    Thank you.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Melinda74

Re: Info on donating one's body to science

Science Care is one such program that links individual donors with the medical community that needs human tissue to do their important work. The whole body donor program is not for transplant and supports research, education and training. Upon acceptance there is no cost to the family and includes transportation from the location of passing, filing of the death certificate, cremation and the return of cremated remains in 3-5 weeks.

Whole body donation directly impacts the advancement of medicine for you and I. It is a tremendous gift. You can give the gift of HOPE through whole body donation. Learn more at www.ScienceCare.com or call 800.417.3747 any time 24 hours a day.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Claire: View Post
    I have an elderly friend who wants very much to donate her body to science. She is not interested in the Pharma aspect.
    As a lifelong, dedicated healthy eater who amazes doctors with the good state of her various "parts", she would be a wonderful case study for a group that works with nutrition and helps to promote healthy living/lifestyles.
    There can't be that many elderly people who have maintained an excellent diet without any long term medications.
    She and I have no clue where to start with this aside from her Allopathic doctor.
    Can anyone give us some leads?
    Thank you.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: