Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    absolutezero

Abandon all political "action"

Make use of your time wisely...
    How? you may ask
    By paying no attention to politics,
    politicians and political parties.
    Spare your brain and my eyes and ears.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Abandon all political "action"

"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you." Leon Trotsky

While embracing the absurdity of life is something I strongly espouse, to completely reject all political thought, feeling and action seems to me to be a formula for signing up to be a victim of others who are engaging in political activity. Not my idea of a good time!?

"Mad" Miles

For the purposes of full disclosure I should probably note that I have been active or semi-active in many political causes since the mid-nineteen-seventies. Not always, not constantly, I take breaks. But I'm certainly one of the most politically active people I know. All of my activities have been entered into consciously with full knowledge of the amount of frustration and the sense of futility that is inherent in such projects. But to paraphrase a well-known (perhaps even cliche) quote about love: It is better to have tried to improve the state of the world and to have failed, than to never have even tried at all.

3. TopTop #3
    Faethdragon

Personally I think you got it right. Personal opion only of course. :)
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by "Mad" Miles:
    "You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you." Leon Trotsky

While embracing the absurdity of life is something I strongly espouse, to completely reject all political thought, feeling and action seems to me to be a formula for signing up to be a victim of others who are engaging in political activity. Not my idea of a good time!?

"Mad" Miles

For the purposes of full disclosure I should probably note that I have been active or semi-active in many political causes since the mid-nineteen-seventies. Not always, not constantly, I take breaks. But I'm certainly one of the most politically active people I know. All of my activities have been entered into consciously with full knowledge of the amount of frustration and the sense of futility that is inherent in such projects. But to paraphrase a well-known (perhaps even cliche) quote about love: It is better to have tried to improve the state of the world and to have failed, than to never have even tried at all.

4. TopTop #4
    caromia333

we are here because of political action and inaction. all of the laws protecting life on this earth are political - we banned DTD and saved the pergrin falcon. What's the difference between the U.S. and Mexico - they have DTD and we don't. One letter to your representative counts for 1000 voices - that is how powerful political activity is.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by absolutezero:
    Make use of your time wisely...
    How? you may ask
    By paying no attention to politics,
    politicians and political parties.
    Spare your brain and my eyes and ears.