Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Prop 37 News: It's Far From Over + a new app for finding GMO's when you shop

This is a compilation of what I've picked up since election day regarding Prop 37.

Liz

Perspective on Prop 37 (Plus a New GMO-Free Zone in WA)

Here's what Jeffrey Smith (author of "Seeds of Deception" and "Genetic Roulette") has to say.

J

> From: Institute for Responsible Technology Food Policy Fund
    > Date: November 7, 2012, 4:38:13 PM

>
    > First of all, let’s celebrate with San Juan County, Washington, for passing its GMO-Free County initiative. Growing GMOs in the San Juan Islands will shortly be illegal. Thanks to all the great volunteers (and the 60% of the voters) who made that possible. I had the great pleasure of doing a speaking tour on three of the islands in September; their campaign was truly an inspiration. Well done San Juan County!

> Prop 37
    > California’s Prop 37 campaign was the latest (and greatest) expression of the rising anti-GMO tide in the US that has swelled over the last 2-3 years. Other expressions have included the popularity of the Non-GMO label in grocery stores, the huge number of activists working on GMO issues, the unprecedented GMO coverage in the media, and the 19 state legislatures that considered GMO labeling bills. These are all early signs of a coming tipping point of consumer rejection. What sets Prop 37 apart, however, was how profoundly it has accelerated anti-GMO sentiment in both quantity and quality.
    >
    > Huge numbers of people became aware for the first time that they were eating GMOs—we have changed the whole conversation. And numerous actors, chefs, musicians, artists, filmmakers, politicians, comedians, and others chimed in support of our side for the very first time. Being against GMOs or pro-labeling has clearly become cool.
    >
    > From the quality perspective, I was blown away by the enthusiasm, competence, and utter devotion of the California volunteers. What I witnessed in the more than 50 events I attended throughout the state over the last 90 days was totally unique in my experience. The depth and solidarity of commitment to this issue is profoundly established.
    >
    > Although we narrowly lost on the vote, the campaign has propelled our movement forward onto a whole new platform. I am more confident and optimistic than ever that we will soon achieve the tipping point that we all desire.
    >
    > Please forward this email to other Prop 37 supporters. Please subscribe to our newsletter, Spilling the Beans, (fill in the subscribe box) as we can’t wait to share some of the plans that are taking shape.
    >
    > Congratulations to all those involved. And remember, this was part of a rising tide that is still rising!
    >
    > Safe Eating,
    >
    > Jeffrey M. Smith
    >
    > The Institute for Responsible Technology Food Policy Fund is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization engaging in advocacy and legislative lobbying activities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Voters and FBI put on alert: Massive deceptions found in the No on 37 campaign, all documented

https://www.naturalnews.com/037858_No_on_37_criminal_fraud_deception.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GMO Food Apps

I hear there are actually two smart phone apps.

https://www.fooducate.com/
    With this one you need to select under Profile and Personalize, "Warn me about GMOs." You can scan bar codes on products with it.

The second app features a list of the brands and products that are enrolled in the Non-GMO Project’s Product Verification Program.

https://www.nongmoproject.org/find-n...hopping-guide/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear friends,
    This is not the end, this is just the beginning. You can refuse to buy from the companies who paid big bucks to defeat prop 37. Take note that some of these organic companies such as Muir Glen and Cascadian Farms sold out to "Big Agra". Choose with your pocketbook. Boycott the companies that support GMO's.
    Click here to see the list of companies that invested thousands of dollars in ads to stop prop 37 from passing.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4424366200256&set=a.1089498830656.16008.1022016058&type=1&theater
    You can also post your thoughts and feelings directly on the Facebook wall of these companies. Others will see it and they will respond to you.
    Last edited by ubaru; 11-11-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: 2 GMO apps
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    CSummer

Re: Prop 37 News: It's Far From Over + a new app for avoiding GMO's when you shop

Thanks for this, Liz! When I read about the GMO food app, I was hoping to find an app that enables shoppers to scan bar codes and get info on GMO content. Didn't find one until I came upon an article about a company called Fooducate . Apparently, they have an app that reads barcodes and gives products a health rating based on the ingredients. A new version of the app includes info on GMO content. Here's more about the new feature on the Fooducate site. I gather this is a work in progress, but for those with iPhones or Android devices, it could be a great alternative to labeling.

For our health - and the health of farm lands - Boycott GMOs!

CSummer

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post
    This is a compilation of what I've picked up since election day regarding Prop 37.

Liz

GMO Food App

I love this app! I've been scanning things in my pantry and already threw out a few things

V

www.nongmoproject.org

Last edited by CSummer; 11-11-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Improve wording of title
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email