Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Who cares about Sebastopol?

A letter dated 10/19/12 recently came across my desk that was a real eye opener.

It was a letter addressed to “Fellow Republicans” asking if they felt their vote counted. It goes on to dismiss the community at large in Sebastopol as a “radical group” and states that “Sebastopol is the laughing stock of Sonoma County”.

A “laughing stock”.

I don't know about you, but the message I’ve witnessed in our recent City Council meetings is not that of radical groups, but of a community who has voiced their concern over issues that would affect the future of a town they dearly love. A town they would never label “the laughing stock of Sonoma County.”

The letter continues to state that “it is imperative we elect Kathleen and Kathy” to the two vacant City Council seats. Kathleen Shaffer and Kathy Austin are registered Democrats, yet, according to this letter, they have the emphatic support of the Republican party. Ms. Shaffer has an Obama sign in her front yard. I wonder if Mr. Obama will get her vote. Just how far would she go to get elected? Is she an elephant in donkey’s clothing?

By the way, the two signatures at the bottom of that letter? Pete Pellini, the man who stands to make a buck in the sale of that corner and Jim Pacatte, the man who is slated to be the contractor for the project.

Aha!

Sebastopol: the laughing stock of Sonoma County? Wait a minute, Mr. Pellini; are you talking about the same community that kept you in business for the last century?

Please. Vote for Sebastopol. Vote for Robert Jacob & John Eder.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Who cares about Sebastopol?

In response to numerous requests... the letter is attached below.

Here are my earlier comments:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by eeeeeeow: View Post
    A letter dated 10/19/12 recently came across my desk that was a real eye opener.

It was a letter addressed to “Fellow Republicans” asking if they felt their vote counted. It goes on to dismiss the community at large in Sebastopol as a “radical group” and states that “Sebastopol is the laughing stock of Sonoma County”.

A “laughing stock”.

I don't know about you, but the message I’ve witnessed in our recent City Council meetings is not that of radical groups, but of a community who has voiced their concern over issues that would affect the future of a town they dearly love. A town they would never label “the laughing stock of Sonoma County.”

The letter continues to state that “it is imperative we elect Kathleen and Kathy” to the two vacant City Council seats. Kathleen Shaffer and Kathy Austin are registered Democrats, yet, according to this letter, they have the emphatic support of the Republican party. Ms. Shaffer has an Obama sign in her front yard. I wonder if Mr. Obama will get her vote. Just how far would she go to get elected? Is she an elephant in donkey’s clothing?

By the way, the two signatures at the bottom of that letter? Pete Pellini, the man who stands to make a buck in the sale of that corner and Jim Pacatte, the man who is slated to be the contractor for the project.

Aha!

Sebastopol: the laughing stock of Sonoma County? Wait a minute, Mr. Pellini; are you talking about the same community that kept you in business for the last century?

Please. Vote for Sebastopol. Vote for Robert Jacob & John Eder.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: