Hi Community,

It seems the Sonoma West Times has the date incorrect for The Police Department outreach event; it is today, August 7th from 4-7pm.

Also, I've included the link to the draft minutes from the City Council meeting of July 19th; in case you want to review your comments before they are approved; or you just want a review of how the majority/minority view was captured.

The City Clerk does a great job of distilling the abundance of comments from our diverse community; though it's important for me to be sure my statements are reflected as I intended them. Perhaps you too.

It may also be important for many of us to also have a record of which issues, and how, we create accountability in how Sebastopol serves it ratepayers, citizens, businesses, and visitors.

I'd like us all to look for how we can contribute to refining, and sharing how our model city works.

Here's a few things I aim to see put on the City's agenda. Are you with me on any of these?

> Adopting a Sister City with Iran

> CERT, & emergency preparedness funding
Branding conflict with State's new CAMP program also called CERT
Details here: www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?92106-Community-Emergency-Response-Team-%28CERT%29-Training-Course&p=155681&highlight=#post155681

> Public relations with Sebastopol Police Department
Better accountability via a Citizen's Review Committee
Lack of website info for City's Public Safety issues & events

> Beneficial outcomes for Occupy Sebastopol & the City of Sebastopol

Much thanks,

Colleen Fernald

Sebastopol's Constitutional
Candidate for PEACE!
City Council 2012

Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:00 am by Laura McCutcheon
Sonoma West Staff Writer

Sebastopol Police hosting ‘National Night Out’ Aug. 3
(correction August 7th from 4-7pm)

SEBASTOPOL — A free meal, photo ops, tours and various information about the workings of law enforcement will be offered to the public at the Sebastopol Police Department’s open house, Aug. 3.

Attendees of the event will have an opportunity to talk to Police Chief Jeff Weaver, who has been with the local department for seven years and is the longest current serving police chief in Sonoma County

Officer David Ginn’s new K-9 partner, Percy, who is trained in narcotic detection, will also be there to greet visitors and give a demonstration of the work she does...

https://www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_we...b978c0698.html

https://ci.sebastopol.ca.us/sites/de...inutes_pdf.pdf