I spoke on this issue last night; but could not stay till the end. We've been screwed, and need a plan of action to reverse this.

There are better ways to fix the overdue repairs, and keep the rates reasonable. What do you think?

The 45 day clock is ticking, though I must to pause on giving my detailed comments until I get through my time sensitive legal issues in getting my daughters remains and property returned. (Anyone know of a good Probate Attorney, or assistance? After a month of agony and work on this, I still don't have justice)

Also, the Press Democrat and Sonoma West Times refused to cover anything about the 2 local candidates running for US Senate; and were rather indignant about it when I brought it up last night. In fact the PD did it's endorsement without even interviewing the candidates. Even the Bohemian has omitted this. Smells funny to me.

I hope you share your opinion with the Reporters, Editors and Publishers.

Thanks,

Colleen Fernald

Sebastopol to see big bump in sewer, water rates

By BOB NORBERG
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Published: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 12:21 p.m

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...39984&tc=yahoo

Sebastopol's water and sewer rates are going up.

The City Council in a 3-2 vote late Tuesday approved a 12 percent per year increase over the next four years in the sewer rate. The average monthly charge would increase to $75.33 during the first year it would be in effect.
The water rates would be increased by 25 percent, 22 percent, 18 percent and 15 percent over the next four years. With the first increase, the average water charge would increase to $29.98 per month.

Within the next three weeks, the rate increase ordinance will be sent to every Sebastopol property owner, who will have 45 days to protest the action. The council will hold a public hearing and final adoption of the rates in August, said Larry McLaughlin, the city's attorney and interim city manager.

With the increase, city staff said the rates will still be less than other Sonoma County cities.
The combined average rate for sewer and water would be $105.31 per month, compared to $91.24 per month, with the first round of increases. Only Cloverdale has a lower rates, according to the staff report.