Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Charlotte
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Charlotte

My dear child has left this earth; may her sweet spirit forever inspire us all.

My deepest thanks go out to: the amazing search team; most of them volunteers; the Red Cross members who provided support for the search team and I; the generous contributions of Sprint Copy Center and Sebastopol Hardware, who covered the cost of printing the flyers when she was missing.

If you know Charlotte's brother, Jesse O'Connor Hay; please reach out to comfort him. You may find him working at Infusions Tea House. He so loved his sister; she's deeply missed.

The love and comfort of my good friends; the prayers and hugs from many strangers, has meant the world to me during this traumatic time. Thank you.

Rest in peace my darling angel Charlotte, our souls and love are eternal. I've been blessed to be your mother.

Colleen Fernald
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand   Expand   Expand  

Expand   Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

3. TopTop #2

4. TopTop #3
    WaccoBB Poet Laureate

Re: Charlotte

Colleen,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine a crueler blow. My prayers are with you.
    Larry

For Those Who Have Died

Eleh Ezkerah - These We Remember

Tis a fearful thing
    To love
    What death can touch.
    To love, to hope, to dream,
    And oh, to lose.
    A thing for fools, this,
    Love,
    But a holy thing,
    To love what death can touch.

For your life has lived in me;
    You laugh once lifted me;
    Your word was a gift to me.

To remember this brings painful joy.

Tis a human thing, love,
    A holy thing,
    To love
    What death can touch.

- J u d a h H a l e v i
    (1 2 t h C e n t u r y )

5. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Marty M

Dear Colleen and family,
    I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful daughter. My prayers are with you.
    Blessings, Marty
    Last edited by Barry; 04-21-2012 at 04:14 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    Orm Embar

Sending lots of love your way.

-Larkin

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peace Voyager: View Post
    Colleen Fernald

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #6
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

So sad. My heat goes to you, Colleen, and your family and all those whose lives were touched by Charlotte.

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #7
    Bird Watcher

I am so sorry for the loss of of your daughter, Colleen. There's no greater sorrow than having our child pass before us. You seem very brave and I hope that your strength will carry you through.

Condolences,

Pam

13. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

14. TopTop #8
    american dream

What a beautiful young being she is - a huge, huge loss - deepest sympathy to you and your family.

15. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

16. TopTop #9
    jesswolfe

Colleen and family,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you in the difficult time.

Jess Wolfe

Colleen Fernald

17. Gratitude expressed by:

18. TopTop #10
    ecoearthyacht

Colleen < I am so sorry ., I did not realize it was your Charlotte that was missing and now not with us any more. My heart goes out to you after all you have been through . TIm B. Do call me if you wish

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #11

I thank you for your sweet support at this time of our anguish.

If you would like to join me to pray for Charlotte's dear spirit, at the Center of Spiritual Living; where Charlotte was christened as a baby; this Sunday, and next at the 11:15 service; I invite you to join my family there.

I invite you to pray, in your own way somewhere in nature; think of her as you enjoy its beauty, as you soak up the healthy rays of the sun.

Because of the ongoing criminal misconduct, by law enforcement, the courts, and Charlotte's father; I am not able to even know what is happening with their plans for her body or services. I did not know about the memorial service for her yesterday at Sonoma Academy, until after the fact.

A very kind stranger heard about what has happened, and offered us a free a burial plot at a Peace section of a cemetery in Santa Rosa. I gratefully accepted, But I have no rights to what happens with her body next; unless I get some legal help fast.

As it is, I don't even have enough money for an obituary ad in the paper to pay tribute to her. So if any of you want to support that, in lieu of flowers, that would be wonderful; I don't know the cost.

I would also appreciate any contributions toward a headstone, so we can honor her with words and images.

I know Charlotte would appreciate having any flowers in her honor, be living ones for her grave; the type of flowers our native pollinators would want to come thrive on.

I am planning a musical memorial service for what would have been Charlotte's 16th birthday; May 16th. Please let me know if you'd like to be invited, as well as, if you'd like to share your words, music, and poems, or stories about what you love about Charlotte Anna Molinari.

Charlotte was very talented on flute; and was learning the ukelele and guitar; she also had a beautiful voice, and was a wonderful creative writer. I hope to share with you some of her art, music poems and short stories.

I was always in awe of, and encouraged her many talents; as did all her instructors over here years in school at: College Oak Montessori, Uta's Waldorf Pre-school; Oak Grove and SunRidge Elementary schools.

I sincerely thank everyone for the kind messages and generosity.

In peace,

Colleen Fernald

21. TopTop #12
    Bird Watcher

Colleen,
    Sonoma West Times & News (and its sister papers in Healdsburg and Windsor) print obituaries (with photo) free of charge. Call 823-7845 for information on submitting.

22. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

23. TopTop #13
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

I'll put her name on the prayer list at my sangha for those who have passed .

And, Colleen, I have a whole file folder (a paper one) of materials I gathered after my son was killed in a car wreck; these are from the therapist I saw for a long while, as well as from a couple of grief groups and from books I found on dealing with the loss of a child. Please email me your mailing address so that I can send them to you.

Sara

I thank you for your sweet support at this time of our anguish.

If you would like to join me to pray for Charlotte's dear spirit, at the Center of Spiritual Living; where Charlotte was christened as a baby; this Sunday, and next at the 11:15 service; I invite you to join my family there.

I invite you to pray, in your own way somewhere in nature; think of her as you enjoy its beauty, as you soak up the healthy rays of the sun....

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #14

My daughter's death was 100% preventable.

Please see the public comments I made to the Santa Rosa City Council on 4/3; just after the presentation for item 6.1 PROCLAMATION -- SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH. This was 11 days before she went missing. Marsha Vas DuPre was the only one who bothered to do anything; and it was not enough.

I had been asking the Santa Rosa City Council and Police Chief for 3 years to help - they did not take action against the person who raped me, my child's father; nor did they take me seriously when I said she was at risk, the first hour they notified me she was missing. The criminal responsible for my rape, and Charlotte's disappearance is still being protected by the City of Santa Rosa, and their police; as well as the DA's office.

Justice will not prevail, unless the public demands it. In the meantime; there is a known rapist in Sonoma County who walks free.

Charlotte has paid for these crimes with her life. What will you do to change it? Please help me get Charlotte's Law passed; so more rapists get convicted - the first time they assault someone.

In honor of Charlotte; please don't stand silent. Help me fix this broken system.

Thank you,

Colleen Fernald

https://santa-rosa.granicus.com/Medi...?publish_id=13

26. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: