Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Karl Frederick

Barbara Boxer on Gulf Coast Restoration

Just in (4/3) from Senator Barbara Boxer:

Dear Mr. Frederick:

Because you have previously written to me in support of Gulf Coast restoration efforts following the disastrous oil spill of April 2010, I wanted to share some good news with you.
    I am pleased to report that on March 14, 2012, the Senate overwhelmingly passed the Resources and Ecosystems Sustainability, Tourist Opportunities, and Revived Economies of the Gulf Coast States (RESTORE) Act as part of a major transportation bill. I was proud to help lead the bipartisan effort to develop the RESTORE Act, which would dedicate funding from Clean Water Act fines to restore the natural resources, economy, and coastal environment of the Gulf Coast.
    As recommended by the National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, the RESTORE Act would dedicate 80 percent of BP penalties to the Gulf Coast states to invest in the recovery and health of their coastal ecosystem and economies. Under the Clean Water Act, BP could be fined billions of dollars as the party responsible for the spill, and it is only right that these penalties be immediately directed to the Gulf Coast's recovery efforts.
    The BP oil spill exacerbated long-standing problems faced by the Gulf Coast ecosystem, harming the region's natural resources - including fragile wetlands and wildlife habitat - and debilitating its tourism, fisheries, and other crucial industries. I believe it is our responsibility to provide support to the communities of the Gulf Coast and ensure they have the resources they need to rebuild their coastline.
    I am proud that the Senate has approved the RESTORE Act. Be assured that I will keep working with my colleagues to enact this vital legislation as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your past correspondence on this matter. Please feel free to write to me in the future about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Barbara Boxer on Gulf Coast Restoration

Please let Congress know you want the EPA to stop the use of CoreExit. They are the ones who mandated it's use. It is just as toxic as the oil spill itself.

I recently saw the documentary, "The Big Fix"; and met the husband and wife team who produced it; and lost their health as a result of the exposure to this deadly contaminant.

BTW, a local hero, and co-inventor of the White Knight septic solution, GM of the Graton CSD, Board member of many local environmental groups, Bob Rawson; submitted a proposal for a non-toxic solution when the spill first happened. It was rejected; but now he's invited to speak at a symposium on it. Here is another oil related bioremediation project he works on.

https://cloudforest.org/index.php?id...52459731731021

Colleen Fernald

California's Constitutional Candidate
    For PEACE & Thriving Watersheds For All!

www.campaignforpeace.org

https://www.examiner.com/human-right...ts-film-review
    The Big Fix: 2011's most important human, environmental rights film

Deborah Dupre
    Human Rights Examiner

Big Fix needed for Big Energy Corruption and Lies

The Big Fix film's ongoing unparalleled buzz this week at Cannes Film Festival where it had its world premiere is due to the movie exposing proof that the Gulf oil "spill" operation was an inside job, hidden by lies publicly told by thousands, involving government workers and multi-level officials straight up to President Obama.

Since this documentary's ten minute standing ovation and the largest festival after party with 800 attendees at the festival, it is increasingly apparent that film director Josh Tickell's latest film success is unstoppable. Tickell also directed the film FUEL, award winner at Sundance and numerous other festivals plus short-listed for an Academy Award....

Following the catastrophic BP-Deep Horizon oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010, in what was then recorded as the largest environmental and humanitarian catastrophe in recorded history, yet covered-up in an equally massive psychological operation, in less than twelve months, rights defender Tickell led his team, including his wife, Rebecca Harrell Tickell as a co-director, along with a large team of dedicated peace and environmental activists, to quietly and at times, covertly, complete The Big Fix. (See The Big Fix official trailer.)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email