Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Sonoma County Board of Supes Unanimously Support End of Coprorate Personhood!

I don't think this has reported elsewhere, but the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, at their March 20th, meeting, has unanimously (with Supe David Rabbit absent) approved a resolution of support for Senate Joint Resolution 33 ("Saving American Democracy Amendment "), by Sen. Bernie Sanders (see below) that calls for the end of Corporate Personhood and the regulation of campaign donations! While this resolution is not a strong as the one put forth by Move To Amend, it is many steps in the right direction! Thanks to all our Supervisors!

I expect this movement to continue to grow and perhaps we will yet reclaim our democracy!

Senate Joint Resolution.33 -

A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to expressly exclude for-profit corporations from the rights given to natural persons by the Constitution of the United States, prohibit corporate spending in all elections, and affirm the authority of Congress and the States to regulate corporations and to regulate and set limits on all election contributions and expenditures.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Imagery

Re: Sonoma County Board of Supes Unanimously Support End of Coprorate Personhood!

Efren Carrillo must not have received any "contributions" from corporations or big business on this matter, or his vote would have reflected the interests of big business.

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Sonoma County Board of Supes Unanimously Support End of Coprorate Personhood!

Efren may not vote the way might want on every issue, but on many issues he has. I give him credit for this important stand.

I am even more heartened by the support of the more conservative Supes. This gives me hope that a constitutional amendment declaring Corporations are not People, Money is not Speech may pass one day. For that to happen, it's critical to get the support of many voters and politicians that are normally aligned with more "conservative" interests.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Imagery: View Post
    Efren Carrillo must not have received any "contributions" from corporations or big business on this matter, or his vote would have reflected the interests of big business.

4. Gratitude expressed by 8 members: