Dear Californians,

As in 2006; I am so invested in changing our US offensive, unconstitutional use of force; done with tax debt, in the guise of, “The Department of DEFENSE”; I aim to have my name on the California Democratic ballot for UNITED States Senate; running as an OMNI-partisan, in an Open Primary, June 5th, 2012.

I am a single mother, Artist, Consultant; working as an Information Analyst & Solutionist. I have been Occupying many City Halls, and Boards of Supervisors; as well as, offices and events of State and Federal Representatives, for over 9 years as a voice calling for well balanced governance.

I expect, and I think most others agree; that if you have pledged an Oath to support and defend the Constitution; you do that. What the House and Senate have allowed the Bush and Obama Administrations to do, with their “War Powers”, is grounds for treason. I am dedicated to assisting we citizens, in taking our power back, and reinstating the representation and rights we are all entitled to.

Most of our State and Federal Representatives, have not spoken up about the loss of our Constitutional Rights since 9/11. And now with the passing of The Nation Defense Authorization Act; an end to due process for Americans; this is further grounds for treason; or Re-call, at least supporting only the challengers who pledge to keep their Oath of Office, and work to restore the Constitutional mandate for a declaration of war, only from Congress.

This country has many decades of debt from the all the so called “wars”since WWII; with how many more still in operation throughout the world; in our strike first drone program, and other covert shoot-first missions. Our foreign policies lack due process, and thus many innocent people continue to be harmed

This seat is not about me, it's about you; all of you - in balance. There are easy ways to find that balance.

Here's my request; help me, to help you have a voice in Washington, share these requirements for all House and Senate Candidates.

Let's start with compiling everyone's top 5 list: #1 plus A), B), C), D) on what's working; what's almost working, and how we can improve it; what's not working and should be de-funded?

After we've developed an action plan for the top issue; which I hope you will agree is ending unconstitutional wars of choice; then we can begin the work on the next 4 issues, then tackle the next 5, and so on.

The moral, financial, and deepened security risk impacts of strike-first, optional tactics; known as “The Bush Doctrine”; and what Obama did, and continues, in Libya and beyond, does not represent what most Californians want as a foreign policy. In light of the massive budget cuts, devastating our communities; this cannot continue. There is no indication the policies enabling this will change under our current Senator. So once again, I'm ready to raise the bar on what it takes to earn your vote.

This imbalanced funding priority must be corrected. Funding UN-declared “war”; over BASIC Municipal Services. Bombs; bullets; drones; etc., etc.; and million per year set of boots on the ground - for OFFENSE not DEFENSE. Instead of: libraries, books; education; pot hole repair; emergency services & disaster readiness; courts; and investigators of crimes; health and wellness care; natural resources protection and restoration; basic infrastructure of roads; bridges; water & sewer systems; small business support; the Arts; and everything else which gives quality to our lives and investments here.

Here's what I need:

Help to get to the CA Democratic Convention this weekend

Event fee, gas, food, lodging for 2 nights
2/3 of this cost has been raised. THANK YOU!

Help to get signatures in lieu of filing fees,
or money for fees for filing by Feb14th
(Need $2,500; or 10,000 signatures, will put the form up on my website soon.

Sponsor a word for the State Voter Guide; $25 per word for the candidates filing statement; 250 words max.

Please send me, and all the other candidates, your job requirements; for how you would like to be served in the House and Senate. I'd like to use this as inspiration for my candidate's statement. This is our chance to bring to light, what's most important for all voters to consider, before choosing to elect someone who speaks for you, and sponsors the type of legislation which is meant to serve our common good and reflect our Californian values.

These are all campaign expenses, so I must account for your employer and address.
Please make it out to, Friends of Colleen Fernald for United States Senate 2012.
PO BOX 3007 Santa Rosa, CA 95402

MUCH, MUCH, THANKS!

Colleen Fernald

California's Constitutional Candidate for PEACE!

www.campaignforpeace.org