Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Larry Hendricks

Do we really want Chase in our town

Yesterday it was announced that the major banks agreed to pay 25 billion in fines for their part in robo signing of mortgage documents related to the sub prime disaster. A drop in the bucket. But they are not off the hook. Individual law suits are still in progress and moving forward. None of the banks got a free pass. Chase has agreed to pay just over 4 billion. Do we want this admitted crook that made a lot of money as part of the sub prime disaster to be a part of our town? I say no! We have local banks and credit unions that have a reputation of honesty and helping this town. Chase is here for only one reason. To take as much wealth out of this town as possible and send it to the corporate mother ship. Who do we think is paying for the slick TV commercials. This is not my genius but how can we deny them. I know they have a foothold at Lucky's.
    If they are let in and build the big bank are we accepting illegal banking practices as OK for Sebastopol. What does everyone else think?
    What does all of the local bankers and credit union managers think? Doesn't honesty and integrity have a place here? We bailed out the banks. Their message was to foreclose everything they could even if they had to forge the documents to do it. Just my opinion.

Larry Hendricks
    Last edited by Larry Hendricks; 02-10-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: