Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Nidhi

THANK YOU!!! AND....HOW TO REMOVE DOG SMELL in house???

First THANK YOU for all the phenomenal and ingenious suggestions re Internet...
    We are so in awe of this community...and all the support...thanks!

We have one more issue...hoping that someone might have some experience with this...

Dog smell..STRONG!...coming probably from the carpeting...in our new house...

Will carpet cleaning help??? And if so...any specific approach or procedure...?
    We would like to avoid toxins and perfume smells....

OR...would we have to remove the carpet???

We would be very grateful for anyone's insight into this ...

Or any ideas of where to get solutions or assistance...

Thanks so much

And very happy new year...
    Nidhi
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Gina Williams

Re: THANK YOU!!! AND....HOW TO REMOVE DOG SMELL in house???

Hi, you might try Bill Sanchez (Red Hot Carpet Care 478-9810). Ask him if he has the enzymes to remove pet odors. His pricing is reasonable and he does chemical free carpet cleaning. Tell him Gina recommended him!!! Good Luck to you.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    bud

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gina Williams: View Post
    Hi, you might try Bill Sanchez (Red Hot Carpet Care 478-9810). Ask him if he has the enzymes to remove pet odors. His pricing is reasonable and he does chemical free carpet cleaning. Tell him Gina recommended him!!! Good Luck to you.
    Try Nature's Miracle Advanced Stain and Odor Remover (enzymes) at Western Farms, Pet Smart etc. Works!!! I have used it for cat urine and smell disappeared.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    vrvs

I found a permanent answer for smoking and pet odors. One simple application removes odors from the air, carpets, curtains and furniture. While researching the internet, I came across a product that you mix with paint that eliminates all odors by releasing negative ions in the air, works by convection currents, warm air rises cool air falls creating a natural flow of air across the painted walls. I’m a painting contractor and a year ago I moved into a new home, the previous owner had pets and also smoked. In order to eliminate the problem, I painted, all the inside walls with a fresh coat of paint and added the Air-ReNu additive it’s been a year. Works like a charm, no odor, no electricity, no filters and no problems. Might be something to consider if you have an odor problem, their web site? www.air-renu.com

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    peacetree

Dear New Neighbor, I have also used Nature's miracle and also used Baking Soda( just sprinkle a Huge amount( try Costco for large quantities of it in big bags) all over what is problematic, whether carpet or sofa or what have you ( I used this after my car was stolen and returned in horrible condition with a very strong and nasty odor and it worked!) The point is you leave it on for at least several days ( I did it for a whole week as I was so desperate for the smell to be gone from the car), and then vacumn it all up. I also have a sure fire recipe for deskunking dogs or cats ( or humans!): mix 1 quart Hydogen Peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 tsp Dawn dishwashing liquid. use it all over the animal and then wash it off. My cat was very relieved to have the smell gone and seemed to understand what I was doing would help. As she is not a big fan of baths, I think that speaks for itself!( and my friends with dogs swear by this) Good luck with the smelly carpet. ( and welcome to our area) Peace, Christmas

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Nidhi: View Post

We have one more issue...hoping that someone might have some experience with this...

Thanks so much

Nidhi

9. TopTop #6
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by vrvs: View Post
    ... In order to eliminate the problem, I painted, all the inside walls with a fresh coat of paint and added the Air-ReNu additive it’s been a year
    it would have been interesting to compare it to a room with just new paint. The idea of a wall passively emitting sufficient ions for a year is a bit hard to accept. I'd think it'd be way worse for the occupants than having a SmartMeter outside!

10. TopTop #7
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

I had tenants who smoked like a forest fire, we did non toxic deep cleaning and painted the all rooms. The smoke smell remained so we rented an ionizer. I really didn't think it would work but it completely removed all odors. The catch is -no one can be in the house while it runs.

11. TopTop #8
    QuestJL

Not sure of the etiquette when replying, as we are new-ish to Wacco & don't know if it's "kosher" to talk about one's own business in a reply to a post. But when I saw the problem of 'dog smell', well, I do have a solution. We sell Orange TKO, which should remove the dog smell. Orange TKO (actually, Organic Orange TKO) is a concentrate made from orange peel oil (active ingredient is d'limonene, which is a natural emulsifier). It's non-toxic.

Put it in the carpet cleaning machine at a dilution of 2 oz. of the Orange TKO concentrate to 1 gallon of water. You may have to clean twice, if the carpet padding also contains the dog smell. You may also want to spray the walls with a Strong solution (4+ Tbsp. of Orange TKO concentrate, mixed with 24 oz. of water).

For more information, here's our website: https://organicorangetkocal.com.

Of course you can buy off our website, but we live in Santa Rosa (home-based business), so you can also make an appointment to come by & purchase it. Community Market used to carry it, but, being so concentrated, it would take customers so long to use up a bottle of Orange TKO, that it was too slow a "mover" for the store.

Lisa & Jorge

Thanks so much

Nidhi

12. TopTop #9
    Nidhi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by The"A"Team: View Post
    I had tenants who smoked like a forest fire, we did non toxic deep cleaning and painted the all rooms. The smoke smell remained so we rented an ionizer. I really didn't think it would work but it completely removed all odors. The catch is -no one can be in the house while it runs.
    Thanks for this!!

When you say ionizer is that the same as ozonator???

At this point we have gotten completely rid of the animal/whatever..odor...
    We tore out the carpet...did the baking soda...cleaned the underfloor with a chloracne solution and let it air out...

Till it smelled clean and felt fresh..

Then we put in a 100% nylon carpet...which I was told would be the best if we didn't feel we could spend the money for wool...

But now we have new carpet of- gassing and I can't be in the house....

So ..are looking at some kind of air purifier to deal with it...
    Been on line for days and is pretty uncertain about what to get...
    Charcoal filter....ionizer...ozone...
    They are all costly..so would like to make the right choice..

What brand and model was yours???

Appreciate your response...and this site SO much!

All the best
    Nidhi

13. TopTop #10
    vrvs

Ionizer VS Ozone

Both an ionizer and a Ozone machine release neg. Ions.
    Understanding Negative and Positive IonsElectrons carry a small negative electrical charge, so a molecule gaining an electron becomes negatively charged (a negative ion) and a molecule losing an electron becomes positively charged (a positive ion).
    Negative ions occur in all sizes and are electrically attracted to airborne particles such as mold spores, odors, allergens, even viruses and bacteria. They attach to these and precipitate them onto the nearest surface, thus cleaning the air of pollution and germs.
    Need to make sure to vacum, for a natural way check out
    The air-renu addtive www.air-renu.com

Last edited by vrvs; 01-18-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: font size

14. TopTop #11
    QuestJL

We emailed you privately, forgot that we could also just post to this thread.

An alternative to buying/renting an ionizer/ozonator is to clean your new, nylon carpet with Organic Orange TKO. Just put it in the carpet cleaning machine, about 10 fluid oz. of Orange TKO to 1 gallon of water. My mother had her apartment maintenance people do this and it totally eliminated the formaldehyde fumes, which were still present after one year.

To buy Organic Orange TKO online, here's our Orange TKO webstore page: https://www.thebidetsolution.com/catalog21070.html

Or, you may call our office (578-6049) & make an appointment to pick some up - we're in Santa Rosa.

Lisa & Jorge

Thanks for this!!

When you say ionizer is that the same as ozonator???

At this point we have gotten completely rid of the animal/whatever..odor...
    We tore out the carpet...did the baking soda...cleaned the underfloor with a chloracne solution and let it air out...

Till it smelled clean and felt fresh..

Then we put in a 100% nylon carpet...which I was told would be the best if we didn't feel we could spend the money for wool...

But now we have new carpet of- gassing and I can't be in the house....

So ..are looking at some kind of air purifier to deal with it...
    Been on line for days and is pretty uncertain about what to get...
    Charcoal filter....ionizer...ozone...
    They are all costly..so would like to make the right choice..

What brand and model was yours???

Appreciate your response...and this site SO much!

All the best
    Nidhi

15. TopTop #12
    meherc
    Supporting member

Thanks. I don't notice the smell myself but I have friends who will let me know that it's passed the tolerant point. And men who have left me because of it (I think they just didn't like dogs, the sissies) Now how do I stop my 5 dogs from peeing on the floor? If I have only one, it's no problem , but with 5 they gang up on me. I've used "Orange Wonder" and that didn't work. Will continue my quest.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by QuestJL: View Post
    We emailed you privately, forgot that we could also just post to this thread.

An alternative to buying/renting an ionizer/ozonator is to clean your new, nylon carpet with Organic Orange TKO. Just put it in the carpet cleaning machine, about 10 fluid oz. of Orange TKO to 1 gallon of water. My mother had her apartment maintenance people do this and it totally eliminated the formaldehyde fumes, which were still present after one year.

To buy Organic Orange TKO online, here's our Orange TKO webstore page: https://www.thebidetsolution.com/catalog21070.html

Or, you may call our office (578-6049) & make an appointment to pick some up - we're in Santa Rosa.

Lisa & Jorge