Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

New Smart Meter Information From PG&E

I got a robo call today from the PUC, because I had asked for a delay of the smart meter installation earlier this year.
    It seems that the decision has been made and soon we will be given a choice of paying a lot of extra cash (see pdf file for your exact amount) to not have a smart meter installed or they WILL install a smart meter.

You can use the link below to view the 43 page pdf file yourself. Maybe you can see something in there that I didn't, but it looks like it's almost pay or fry time.

https://www.pge.com/myhome/customers...rogramupdates/
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    rossmen

Re: New Smart Meter Information From PG&E

maybe it is time to wrap them in foil so we don't fry. perhaps this will keep the bill low...? when a person shows up, just complain about the effect! when they leave reinstall the foil...

btw pg&e just put a smart meter on the gas meter when they reinstalled months after tenting. the serviceperson said the battery was good for twenty years and only sends once a day. i am not concerned because it is many feet away from any human living space.

go ahead, wifi and die, we all do eventually anyway.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post
    I got a robo call today from the PUC, because I had asked for a delay of the smart meter installation earlier this year.
    It seems that the decision has been made and soon we will be given a choice of paying a lot of extra cash (see pdf file for your exact amount) to not have a smart meter installed or they WILL install a smart meter.

You can use the link below to view the 43 page pdf file yourself. Maybe you can see something in there that I didn't, but it looks like it's almost pay or fry time.

https://www.pge.com/myhome/customers...rogramupdates/

4. TopTop #3
    Sabrina

PG&E's recent comments to the California Public Utility Commission
    that customers could have an analog meter option is a 'better late
    than never' concession, but we still have a long way to go to ensure
    public safety and restore consumer rights. They want to want to charge you $90 or more to either keep what you already have (if you managed to keep the smart meter off thus far, like I have), or to re- install what you should have never had removed without notification of the now found extremely high SAR radiation coming from the (dumb) Smartmeters FYI, here is the most updated EMF Safety Report dated 9/13/2011 :

https://emfsafetynetwork.org/wp-cont...ults-Final.pdf ).

They also want to charge you extra for a meter reader to come out and read your new or existing analog meter, even though you were already being charged, and there has been no change in that original fee in the billing (double billing). Here is a recent Mercury News Article documenting the above statement: https://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_19580461

What do you think?

You can submit comments / complaints about the costs to
    https://smartmeterhelp.com/and they will be delivered to the CPUC, the governor, state senators and assembly persons.

Here is the letter I sent. Feel free to make your own or copy and paste this one (there are other examples avail on line too):

PG&E's recent comments to the California Public Utility Commission
    that customers could have an analog meter option is a 'better late
    than never' concession, but we still have a long way to go to ensure
    public safety and restore consumer rights.

There has been no cost evaluation, no hearings, no fact finding and no
    cross examination by anyone on PG&E's proposed fees to opt out.

The fees are ARBITRARY and intentionally PUNITIVE to discourage
    customers from opting out.

Considering customers were not provided full disclosure about the RF
    technology (which is an FCC rule) and the meters were forced upon
    consumers without consent or choice, there should be NO CHARGE to have
    the smart meters replaced with analogs.

The utilities removed perfectly functional equipment with an inferior
    product with a shorter expected "usefulness" and charged every
    customer through rate hikes.

I have managed to fend off installation of the Smart Meter, and kept my analog
    meter and now they are trying to charge me again, $90 more, to keep what
    I already have!

This is a SCAM and a SCANDAL!

They also want to charge a monthly fee of $11-15 ($5 CARE customers)
    to cover the costs of a meter reader. In town it takes a meter
    reader a couple of minutes to read a meter per house per month. In
    outlying areas, people have self-read their own meters for years.
    These fees are UNREALISTIC, ARBITRARY, AND INTENTIONALLY PUNITIVE!

Not only that, but the inclusion of costs for a meter reader is outright
    fraud.

Everyone was paying for a meter reader when everyone had an analog
    meter. Those who had a SmartMeter imposed on them did not see a decrease
    in their bill. Therefore, they are still contributing to PGE for a
    meter reader that they no longer need. Now, if PGE puts an analog
    meter back in, and charges for a meter reader, then that person will
    be paying twice for a meter reader,i.e, the meter-reader costs from the
    old billing, and the meter-reader charge in the opt-out process. That
    is double billing, and is officially fraud.

I am outraged that this already monopoly overcharging corporation is trying to impose unfair price hikes; is this perhaps to cover mistakes they've made with Gas Explosions in other parts of the state, or simply the mistake of their initial forced installation of the dangerous (health wise) SmartMeters without disclosing that to their clientele? They need to pay for there own mistakes. I do NOT want a SMARTMeter for the now publicly known health risks, and should not have to pay more for that. This is not only fraud, but highway robbery. PG&E, one of the oldest companies in the state, are founded based on the originally highway robbers - they appear to still be at it, and I won't tolerate that.

~ Sabrina Krauss

Go here to file comments / complaints : https://smartmeterhelp.com/

5. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

6. TopTop #4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen:
    maybe it is time to wrap them in foil so we don't fry. perhaps this will keep the bill low...? when a person shows up, just complain about the effect! when they leave reinstall the foil...

btw pg&e just put a smart meter on the gas meter when they reinstalled months after tenting. the serviceperson said the battery was good for twenty years and only sends once a day. i am not concerned because it is many feet away from any human living space.

go ahead, wifi and die, we all do eventually anyway.
    I don't know if you are jesting or not, but just so folks don't get misled, my testing shows the EMF's don't improve with aluminum foil, and my friend who is not sensitive gets the same severe headaches with and without 4 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.

And to debunk pg$e propaganda, the smart meters send pulsing frequencies constantly. My estimation of the radius of their radiation is 90 feet; source the you tube video The Dark Side of Smart Meters. And it kills the pollinators, plants, animals, and you.

EON's Mary Beth Brangan interviews a protester, Honolulu, Nov. 2011
    - ‘Dirty Electricity’ – the hidden dangers of wireless technologies, appliances and ‘smart’ meters – in addition to their RF emissions – is their ‘switching mode power supply’ (SMPS) components that are interrupting the electrical flow many times per second and causing high frequency transients and harmonics to infiltrate our household electrical wiring.

So it's not a matter of being far enough away from your smart meter.

Please see these 2 threads for a lot more info:

What to Do if You Already Have a Smart Meter
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...r&p=143445#top

How To Prevent Smart Meters (this link is the latest post of 27).
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...337#post145337

Liz
    Last edited by ubaru; 12-25-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

7. TopTop #5
    rossmen

both jesting and serious. i was surprised that the pg&e installer said the smart gas meter battery was good for twenty years and only sent once a day. electrical smart meters i understand send every minute or so and do seem to be blocked by foil. i learned this from a link you forwarded. i also understand that emf energy intensity drops with the square of the distance, so distance makes a big difference.

i would guess that some of the greatest exposure that humans receive is from smartphones and wifi laptops, since we hold them so close and they are almost constantly sending. the people who tease those concerned about smartmeters for using this technology have a point. i was teasing them back because i use an ethernet cable and rarely use my dumb cell phone.

while i don't experience myself as emf sensitive i think it is wise to be careful about new technology. there are so many examples of new products and tech which have proved to be harmful, and we still use them (example #1 refined suger). our way of life can easily be seen as a giant primate testing lab without locked cages and plenty of willing monkeys.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post
    I don't know if you are jesting or not, but just so folks don't get misled, my testing shows the EMF's don't improve with aluminum foil, and my friend who is not sensitive gets the same severe headaches with and without 4 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.

And to debunk pg$e propaganda, the smart meters send pulsing frequencies constantly. My estimation of the radius of their radiation is 90 feet; source the you tube video The Dark Side of Smart Meters. And it kills the pollinators, plants, animals, and you.

EON's Mary Beth Brangan interviews a protester, Honolulu, Nov. 2011
    - ‘Dirty Electricity’ – the hidden dangers of wireless technologies, appliances and ‘smart’ meters – in addition to their RF emissions – is their ‘switching mode power supply’ (SMPS) components that are interrupting the electrical flow many times per second and causing high frequency transients and harmonics to infiltrate our household electrical wiring.

So it's not a matter of being far enough away from your smart meter.

Please see these 2 threads for a lot more info:

What to Do if You Already Have a Smart Meter
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...r&p=143445#top

How To Prevent Smart Meters (this link is the latest post of 27).
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...337#post145337

Liz

8. Gratitude expressed by: