Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

The Santa Rosa Occupation has begun! Video from the General Assembly where it was decided

Not only was there an amazing rally and march yesterday (Oct 15) in Santa Rosa, but a decision was made at the General Assembly to begin a long term (to December 24th?) occupation on the grounds of the Santa Rosa City Hall, which was the site of the rally.

Seeing how difficult it is to get people to agree on anything on WaccoBB, I was prepared for a long drawn out debate/discussion. However I was astounded by how quickly a decision was made to occupy and a site was chosen. While I think that there was enough networking going on before the general assembly between people who were willing to occupy and to provide support to proceed with the occupation, it seemed genuinely undecided going into the "meeting" that the site had not been decided yet.

I took some video of the meeting. If I had known it would have moved as quickly as it did I would have captured the whole thing.

Note that the PD has not reported about the occupation yet.

About 70 protesters spent the night at the plaza! There were no arrests.

This is the beginning of a long process and they are going to need lots of ongoing support!

The video is taking forever to upload, so I'll post it later tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: The Santa Rosa Occupation has begun! Video from the General Assembly where it was deci

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: The Santa Rosa Occupation has begun! Video from the General Assembly where it was deci

There's another excellent video that covers the general assembly along with other well-edited footage from the amazing day at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pjn...layer_embedded