Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Oh the price, and value of free speech!

No need to go to NY...

As I was speaking to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors on 9/27; where I have gone for the last 8 years - trying to get them to pass a resolution, which requests the federal government de-fund unconstitutional war; I was assaulted by the deputy sheriff on duty.

It happened as I was trying to inform him, as I was walking out; I'm on disability for 4 serious injuries in the last 2 years, as well as, him just having heard me speak on an being a victim of domestic violence and assault.

In the materials I had just given the Supervisors, were the statistics on how many public safety officers we could pay for, if our "wars funds" could stay in the USA; instead of the optional, first-strike, use of force missions we are paying for, with deeper debt each second.

We can only fix this, if you all speak as well; (with witnesses). Free speech during public comment is a Constitutional Right; which is quickly eroding.

Please show how you value yours, by using it often with your local, regional, state, and federal electeds-

AmericaCARE NOT warfare!$!

Now, again re-injured; I need your help more than ever, in co-creating an inheritable future for all.

Patriotically in peace,

Colleen Fernald

California's Constitutional Candidate for PEACE!
    US Senate 2012

campaignforpeace.org
    songsforaceasefire.org
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Dixon

Re: Oh the price, and value of free speech!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peace Voyager: View Post
    As I was speaking to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors on 9/27...I was assaulted by the deputy sheriff on duty...
    ...Now, again re-injured..
    Wha...? What are you saying? A cop physically assaulted you and injured you,at a Board of Supes meeting? With witnesses? What happened?

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Wha...? What are you saying? A cop physically assaulted you and injured you,at a Board of Supes meeting? With witnesses? What happened?

After 8 years of peacefully giving public comment ,
    about ending excessive use of force at home, and abroad; and honoring Constitutional Law..

Un-needed, and excessive use of force on someone, who was leaving the podium, and explaining to the deputy about being on disability for 2 auto accidents, and being assaulted twice, all in the last 2 years.

This is after he had listen to me speaking about being a victim of domestic violence that morning as they were approving October as Donestic Violence Awareness month.

That's why I politely asked him to let go of me. Instead; he shoved me into the heavy closed door. I was rather hurt.

Please advise resources for me. The Santa Rosa Police will not take a police report unless the County allows it!

I need witnesses; please forward 2 all; THANKS!...

Hello folks,

I am meeting with the boss of the deputy who assaulted me, this Monday at 11 am. Will you please come early to speak with me about it, and then be a witness to what happens next?

Let's meet at the SC Sheriff's HQ at 10:30 if you can.

There is a pattern to this kind of abuse. Please share your facts as well.

Much thanks!

Patriotically in peace,

Colleen Fernald

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Sabrina

Perhaps in your Title you should mention "police abuse" again to get more readers. I'd say go straight to filing a complaint to have it on file. Then take it to PACH or call them at: 707-542-7224. File a complaint there as well. I realize I should have filed a complaint directly when I had an issue with one of the local police Dept's. I went to have a meeting with them in which I was left wishing I'd filed a complaint instead. After the meeting it became evident that if I made too much noise afterwords I'd need to probably get a lawyer to avoid being possibly sued for "slander" - something I'm not able to afford at this time.