Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Ok; so neutrinos traveling faster than light... about time... Do you know what this means?

Scientists at the world's largest physics lab said Thursday they have clocked neutrinos traveling faster than light. That's something that according to Einstein's 1905 special theory of relativity — the famous E (equals) mc2 equation — just doesn't happen.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    theindependenteye

Re: Ok; so neutrinos traveling faster than light... about time... Do you know what this me

>>>Scientists at the world's largest physics lab said Thursday they have clocked neutrinos traveling faster than light. That's something that according to Einstein's 1905 special theory of relativity — the famous E (equals) mc2 equation — just doesn't happen.

Fascinating. Thanks for posting. Indeed, as I've understood it (very slightly), there's a lot of relativity theory that doesn't really apply in other realms, as with quantum phenomena.

But as to what this means? I expect Gov. Perry would say that Relativity is just one of those theories that's out there, and that God can violate his own speed limits if He wants to. Which, come to think of it, would imply that Hiroshima was actually a staged event, possibly produced by the makers of KING KONG.

Cheers--
    Conrad

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Philip Tymon

Re: Ok; so neutrinos traveling faster than light... about time... Do you know what this me

We don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos here.

A FTL neutrino walks into a bar.

(I wish I could say I was the originator.)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    >>>Scientists at the world's largest physics lab said Thursday they have clocked neutrinos traveling faster than light. That's something that according to Einstein's 1905 special theory of relativity — the famous E (equals) mc2 equation — just doesn't happen.

Fascinating. Thanks for posting. Indeed, as I've understood it (very slightly), there's a lot of relativity theory that doesn't really apply in other realms, as with quantum phenomena.

But as to what this means? I expect Gov. Perry would say that Relativity is just one of those theories that's out there, and that God can violate his own speed limits if He wants to. Which, come to think of it, would imply that Hiroshima was actually a staged event, possibly produced by the makers of KING KONG.

Cheers--
    Conrad

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: