Hello, theatre workers or theatre lovers--

The Independent Eye is in rehearsal for an adaptation of FRANKENSTEIN, to be presented in cooperation with 6th Street Playhouse in October. It's three actors, 20+ puppets, and a lotta music & video.

Because most of our budget is going into the tech elements, we have no bucks to pay a stage manager -- tech cues will be operated by the actors in performance, thanks to the wonders of modern laptops. But we are greatly in need of help in two arenas: operating our camcorder, which we use in the rehearsal process, and holding book to prompt us on lines during rehearsal.

If you're interested, or know someone who might be: we could fill these functions either with one or two persons for the whole span, or with a number of people who might volunteer for even a single rehearsal. Rehearsals are Saturday & Sunday daytimes between now and Oct. 7, usually 10-1 and 2-5 on Saturdays, late morning till mid-afternoon on Sundays.

As I said, your help even for one 3-hr session -- anything -- would be of great assistance. Our rehearsals are at our studio about a mile from the center of Sebastopol.

What's in it for you? Just our thanks, plus whatever you glean from sitting in on the creative process of some folks who've been doing this professionally for 40 years, always pushing the edge. Some of our rehearsals are tremendously fun & creative, some are grim & tense (though not often) — that's the nature of creative work, so we can't guarantee it's the experience of a lifetime. But I will say that the play, the story, the style and the sweat will offer an experience outside your normal daily routine.

So if you're interested, let me know. Questions, call 707-824-4307.

Peace & joy—
Conrad Bishop
The Independent Eye, Ltd.