Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    fafner

WHO says wireless devices potential cancer risk

Today the World Health Organization/ International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified non-ionizing radiofrequency radiation as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B). This is the same classification used for lead, and DDT and EMF's from power lines.

This is big news as cell phones, smart meters, cell towers, DECT, cordless phones, baby monitors and other wireless devices all emit
    non-ionizing radiofrequency radiation. Governments and decision makers can no longer hide behind the "no RF health effects" industry mantra.

For more info: https://emfsafetynetwork.org/?p=4386
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: WHO says wireless devices potential cancer risk

See the New York Times article here about the new cancer risk study.

See PC World article here about a possible link between cell phones and the collapse of Honeybees.

What do you think? Are you going to change your usage? Should there be different regulations?

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3

1991 in my science class at Santa Rosa High School listening to a presentation on cell phones. They were these beastly sized phones with extending antennas. Some of us got the 'privilege' of calling people from them. The thing was no one else at the time had cell phone except doctors and lawyers and they were built into brief cases or cars. So most of used them called our parents at work or at home to tell them we were in class on a 'wireless' phone.

After class walking in the halls all of my friends were talking about how stupid of an idea this was.

"Who wants to walk around all day talking on a phone?"

"How stupid would people look with one of those phones talking out in a field some where."

"Who would pay to bring a phone along some where? What's the point of that?"

Ignorance is bliss I tell you.

My guess is cell phones much like tobacco, trans fats, aspartame, gluten, plastics and CO2 emissions, are going to be debatable with regard to health effects for a few generations simply because the research is happening as we speak.
    [B][FONT=Palatino Linotype]~The FireGoddess[/FONT][/B]~[URL="http://firegoddess.artfire.com/"] http://firegoddess.artfire.com[/URL]

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #4
    BobHeisler

My sister has become seriously ill as a result of exposure to 16 SmartMeters in very close proximity to the condo she was living in. Our family is struggling to find a clean environment for her, away from strong radio frequency and EMF fields. It's been crazy difficult. I'm confident she will be well again, but the issue our family has been facing for nearly a year illustrates a big dilemma. Our civilization is the most inter-connected, yet radiated society in human history. The industries that have provided the modern marvels that bring us together and make the world smaller have been denying any connection between the radiation their products emit and the incidence of illness, including cancer. We're faced with a difficult choice of whether our modern devices can be made safe for human consumption or whether we have to curtail, if not abandon, the use of our equipment in the interest of our health. It's hard for us to give up our conveniences, but what would be the cost of not doing so? And does this just represent a cruel lesson in Darwinism?

8. TopTop #5
    martya

Emf

I live in Sebastopol, in town. I feel I am being very negatively impacted by constant high-pitched noise that I am trying to trace. I wonder whether others are feeling/hearing this too? It affects sleep, and the ability to concentrate and relax at home.

I am wondering whether others are noticing the increase in noise/sounds too. I am thinking it's from Wi-Fi around the neighborhood and from others' homes, cell phones and cordless phones in peoples' homes, and also, perhaps, the SmartMeter that was installed at my house a few months ago w/o my consent.

Any thoughts? Solutions? Any experience with the (expensive) products that are being sold online?
    And ANY suggestions about how to get PG & E to remove the SmartMeter would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martha

9. TopTop #6
    jbox

Re: Emf

Quote Posted in reply to the post by martya: View Post
    I live in Sebastopol, in town. I feel I am being very negatively impacted by constant high-pitched noise that I am trying to trace. I wonder whether others are feeling/hearing this too? It affects sleep, and the ability to concentrate and relax at home.

I am wondering whether others are noticing the increase in noise/sounds too. I am thinking it's from Wi-Fi around the neighborhood and from others' homes, cell phones and cordless phones in peoples' homes, and also, perhaps, the SmartMeter that was installed at my house a few months ago w/o my consent.

Any thoughts? Solutions? Any experience with the (expensive) products that are being sold online?
    And ANY suggestions about how to get PG & E to remove the SmartMeter would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martha
    I have had tinnitus, ringing in the ears, since I stood too close to the speakers at a 1991 Dead show. Bummer, but I just deal with it. Could it be your problem is simple tinnitus and has nothing to do with PG&E?

10. TopTop #7
    BobHeisler

No. Tinnitus doesn't just show up at my house and stop when I'm sleeping elsewhere. It's a common symptom of exposure to SmartMeters. Sure exposure to loud sounds like a very loud rock concert can cause it, but I don't have tinnitus. The ringing isn't constant, only when I'm at home and the house is quiet when I go to sleep.

11. Gratitude expressed by: