Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sabrina

Advise wanted for creepy weird thing that happened today

Hey, Okili and I just had something really weird happen to us and we wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like it and or know what it means. I was sitting here at my desk on the phone w/ a customer when all of a sudden my cell phone starts buzzing. I look at it and see that it's Okili calling and I turn it off before it starts ringing. I think why is he calling, he's just in the other room. All of a sudden he comes over to me and asks if i just called him wondering why I would since I'm just right there. I said no, of course. We looked at our phones and both had the exact same time of call made on them, 1:57. Neither of us has a smart phone where some kind of AP could be on it. I tried to google this oddity and I found one anecdote from someone at Verizon and the Verizon rep told them it was because of some sort of smart AP (for their smart phones). Our phones are different phone companies, mine is T-Mobile, his is Verizon. They both are old fashioned flip phones w/ no internet service. CREEPY. My husband, Okili, who is originally an electronic engineer says it has to be some kind of switch outside our phones that would cause it, especially since the phones are different companies. Is this some sort of homeland security spy thing, or what? Has anyone ever had this experience and know what could cause it?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Claire

Re: Advise wanted for creepy weird thing that happened today

hi Sabrina, I asked my friend to ask her telecom geek husband and this is what she answered:
    He can speculate with detail, but to summarize, he said its "just a network glitch."
    They are both attached to the same cell phone site and the end-points were somehow mixed up.

it can be eerie, though.
    My brother's phone often calls me on its own when he's at a party and I can hear the lively conversations and laughter.
    It's happened 3 times now.

3. TopTop #3
    "Mad" Miles

Y'all know about "Butt Dialing", right?

No Cell for me!

4. TopTop #4
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sabrina: View Post
    Is this some sort of homeland security spy thing, or what?
    when HS does it, your phone doesn't ring.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #5
    Bird Watcher

Re: Creepy phone experience

"My brother's phone often calls me on its own when he's at a party and I can hear the lively conversations and laughter.
    It's happened 3 times now."

My land line has been accidentally called from the Phillipines, while a friend was on business. He was just walking through the streets. Trouble was, it was 2 a.m. here while daytime there. I could hear a walking rhythm (which I thought was music), interesting street sounds, and talking. At first I thought it was a party and someone had nuisance-dialed me. Hours later, he emailed to say that his cell had "pocket dialed" me.