Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Peter Schurch

Looking for traffic school recommendations

I made a moving mistake and now I'm looking for a traffic school. Do you have any recommendations for a good program. I could do it on the Internet, with comedy school, in person. Any suggestions?

Thanks---Peter
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ThePhiant

Re: Looking for traffic school recommendations

go with the comedy school
    I lucked out twice
    first time was an 8 hour riot of fun, didn't learn a thing
    2nd time, mediocre fun but the guy let us out after 4 hours!!!
    he did ask for a donation, and that was worth it. LOL

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peter Schurch: View Post
    I made a moving mistake and now I'm looking for a traffic school. Do you have any recommendations for a good program. I could do it on the Internet, with comedy school, in person. Any suggestions?

Thanks---Peter

3. TopTop #3
    alanora

I did my last one on line, it was inexpensive, self-paced and very easy. Much easier for me than appearing in person for an entire day. I don't remember the name of the company, however the court had it listed among others. me

Thanks---Peter

4. TopTop #4
    marthyglaser

I'm actually currently taking the SRJC traffic school online. It's very helpful and informative. Good luck!

5. TopTop #5
    "Mad" Miles

Ditto SRJC, easy, relatively fast, relatively the least expensive. When I had to go about three / four years ago, I researched it and wasn't dissapointed. Beats going to those long boring classes!

"M"M

6. TopTop #6
    Teresa BW

Agree with SRJC Online Traffic School -- online was a breeze, and some of the $$ goes to SRJC (one would hope, anyway).

7. TopTop #7
    cheryl28

Thanks---Peter

I highly recommend the JC. They have an on-line school that is very user friendly.
    good luck.

8. TopTop #8
    Dixon

What's the cheapest traffic school?

I want to erase the 1 point off my driving record by going to traffic school. I checked out the online traffic school, but it looks like my primitive operating system won't accommodate the Adobe Flash Player necessary to do business with them, and I can't afford an upgrade. Can anyone suggest my cheapest option for traffic school? Should I just contact the county court for their referral to traffic school? Is comedy traffic school just as cheap as the regular one, and if so, how do I sign up for that one? (I could REALLY use a laugh right now).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions;

Dixon AKA Public Enemy #1

9. TopTop #9
    "Mad" Miles

Re: What's the cheapest traffic school?

Dixon,

When the court sends you the summons, they also enclose a long list of Traffic School options.

Too bad you can't do it online. SRJC's is pretty user friendly and lets you schedule your own sessions. I can't vouch for anyone elses service.

"Mad" Miles

10. TopTop #10
    Karl Frederick

Will one of the computers at the library handle the Adobe Flash interface?

11. TopTop #11
    sundave22

Miller in Cotati took less than 2 hrs.o.nline
    They have an office on Redwood Hwy. by Plaza park (Accordian pk.)

https://www.millerdrivingschool.com/...ool_frame.html

12. TopTop #12
    MsTerry

I did Happy Traffic School, it took me a little over an hour.
    What a difference compared to regularTS.

13. TopTop #13
    rekarp

There are a bunch of online traffic schools and I'm sure some or most of them will work with your computer. When you sign up for the traffic school option the court sends you a listing of the various options, which includes all of the online ones.

14. TopTop #14
    decterlove

Do it online.......I just made 50 bucks doing for a friend a few weeks ago. It took me an hour. And my pc doesn't have much power either....

I think it was this site...

https://www.cheapeasyfastonlinetrafficschool.com/

Tips......if you have Firefox you can use tabs and do the test on one and use the others to look up questions fast...

If you just make your best guess....it will tell you right or wrong...if wrong just hit back button and try another answer....

Use "control F" to search for the little sub story inserted in the text about Pablo or someone....and jot down all the little facts about Pablo wherever they mention him.....

they will ask some question....like what kind of car does Pablo drive every four or five pages.....and also at the "final' test before they pass you....if you just write down the Pablo facts...........you won't have to wade thru the whole text./

good luck...gotta run.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    I want to erase the 1 point off my driving record by going to traffic school. I checked out the online traffic school, but it looks like my primitive operating system won't accommodate the Adobe Flash Player necessary to do business with them, and I can't afford an upgrade. Can anyone suggest my cheapest option for traffic school? Should I just contact the county court for their referral to traffic school? Is comedy traffic school just as cheap as the regular one, and if so, how do I sign up for that one? (I could REALLY use a laugh right now).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions;

Dixon AKA Public Enemy #1

15. TopTop #15
    scamperwillow

Traffic school recommendations?

Yes, I got snagged in that speed trap on River road - abrupt shift from 55 to 35 - CHP on other side with a radar gun. Arghhhhh! Anyway, I have paid the huge fine and now have to do traffic school to keep my insurance from going up $200 per year. What a system....

I think I want to do it online so I don't have to go anywhere. Any recommendations on which one to do?
    Thanks.....

16. TopTop #16
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Traffic school recommendations?

There's an extensive archive of responses to your question here on waccobb.net Scamper. My fave is the online SRJC course. Cheapest, easiest and most convenient. Just google, or search here for the thread(s).

17. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

18. TopTop #17
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by scamperwillow: View Post
    Yes, I got snagged in that speed trap on River road - abrupt shift from 55 to 35 - CHP on other side with a radar gun. Arghhhhh! Anyway, I have paid the huge fine and now have to do traffic school to keep my insurance from going up $200 per year. What a system....

I think I want to do it online so I don't have to go anywhere. Any recommendations on which one to do?
    Thanks.....
    There are some referrals on WaccoBB.net here, but they are rather old. It's time for some new ones.

I got nailed last year for speeding while passing! I couldn't believe it! I was going to fight it but I marked my court date incorrectly. :whackasmilie:

I did one online, that was different/better/easier than I have found a few years before. Sorry but I don't remember which it was.

How about some referrals from all you other lead-foots out there?

19. TopTop #18
    smonday
    Supporting member

I've done one several times. Its called something like Cheap, Easy, Fun. If you look at the page that the county will send you of recommended sites, you'll find it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    There are some referrals on WaccoBB.net here, but they are rather old. It's time for some new ones.

I got nailed last year for speeding while passing! I couldn't believe it! I was going to fight it but I marked my court date incorrectly. :whackasmilie:

I did one online, that was different/better/easier than I have found a few years before. Sorry but I don't remember which it was.

How about some referrals from all you other lead-foots out there?

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #19
    jbox

Thanks.....

Sorry for your bad luck, though it seems most everyone I know has had a ticket lately, and that spot is very popular with our busy CHP as they save lives from the likes of you and me. Starting to seem like harassment.....but I digress.

I used Fast Easy Cheap traffic school online and the name says it all, Good Luck!!

22. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

23. TopTop #20
    scamperwillow

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jbox: View Post
    Sorry for your bad luck, though it seems most everyone I know has had a ticket lately, and that spot is very popular with our busy CHP as they save lives from the likes of you and me. Starting to seem like harassment.....but I digress.

I used Fast Easy Cheap traffic school online and the name says it all, Good Luck!!
    I found Cheap Easy Fast - with the beautiful young woman curled up on the couch with a laptop on her sweetly curled legs with a big smile on her face - sheesh! that must be the one? It says it is free. I notice many of them don't list the price - wonder why..... I dug in further and it says $19.95 - not too bad after paying the court $58 for "administrative costs" on top of the speeding fine.......

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #21
    "Mad" Miles

They all cost something. They're a business.

26. TopTop #22
    johnklien

any recommendations for a cheap, easy and fast online traffic school.....
    I cant spent more than an hour ... so please let me know any cheap online traffic school ..

I am from California, san diego .

Thanks

27. TopTop #23
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by johnklien: View Post
    I just combined the various traffic school referral threads into this one. So johnklien, and others who are in need of doing an online traffic school session (include me! ) might want to check the past posts on this thread on the website.

New referrals would be most welcome! So if you've done online traffic school recently, please chime in and let us know who you used and what you thought of it!

28. TopTop #24
    scamperwillow

Quote Posted in reply to the post by johnklien: View Post
    I cant spent more than an hour ... so please let me know any cheap online traffic school ..

I am from California, san diego .

Thanks
    I don't think you'll find one to do in an hour but I recently did the Fast Easy Cheap one listed on the court list and it was good.

29. TopTop #25
    clayman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    I just combined the various traffic school referral threads into this one. So johnklien, and others who are in need of doing an online traffic school session (include me! ) might want to check the past posts on this thread on the website.

New referrals would be most welcome! So if you've done online traffic school recently, please chime in and let us know who you used and what you thought of it!
    I just used OpenTrafficSchool.com Not only were they the cheapest that I could find, but their system was good and easy.
    I started out by reading all the material before taking each quiz, but realized that I could skim it, take the quiz (and the final) and pass. I recommend them.

30. Gratitude expressed by:

31. TopTop #26
    Geni Houston

Traffic School 101 Online, relatively easy, but you must read all, don't skim.
    They have trick question about testers favorite vegetable, etc.

32. TopTop #27
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by genihouston: View Post
    Traffic School 101 Online, relatively easy, but you must read all, don't skim.
    They have trick question about testers favorite vegetable, etc.
    : What I've done in the past is to either have another browser window open with the reading material (easy) or copy it to another document (more work) and then search it as needed when taking the tests. I don't think that is so bad because so many of the questions are stupid "how many (hundreds of) feet ..." even if I/you took the effort to try to remember such an arcane number, neither of us would be able judge the difference between 200 feet and 300 hundred feet when driving.

33. TopTop #28
    diaba

I took mine form santa rosa junior college online at home. Pretty easy.

34. TopTop #29
    johnklien

I don't think you'll find one to do in an hour but I recently did the Fast Easy Cheap one listed on the court list and it was good.
    do you have the web address ?
    I also looked around and found recommendations for cheapeasyfastonlinetrafficschool.com
    Let me check them out and get back to you all ....

thanks for your input ...

35. TopTop #30
    BobHeisler

I used to AMPM Traffic School online back in April. It only cost $17.99 and I completed the quiz in about an hour to an hour and a half.