Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Factotum

Dealing with The County (PRMD)

Good day,

I've just spent a fair bit of time searching Waccobb for posts regarding the average citizens advice for dealing with The County, Inspections, Code Violations, PRMD, et cetera. Honestly i thought threre'd be more people posting problems but i'm glad there are not :)
    I'm just curious, you know a friend of mine was wanting me to figure out some answers to questions for him.
    1. So what is The County Inspectors rights to access your property?
    2. What about after a complaint against you is filed?
    3a. Is the Inspector required to give notice?
    3b. If so how long prior to arrival?
    4a. Can an Inspector enter even through a closed gate?
    4b. Or past a 'No Trespassing' sign?
    4c. What about both?
    6. What kinds of things will the inspector be looking for?
    7a. What if the complaint is unfounded but there are other things around that are "not to code" or "in violation"?
    7b. As in are there things that the Inspector "has to see" even if they're not looking for them?
    7c. Or does a complaint open up the whole property to review?
    8. Do they treat rural properties different?
    9. Is there a difference between "The County" and "Health & Safety" or are they both PRMD?
    10. Lastly where is the retired County Inspector who is now consulting for property owners about County "issues"?

i'm also interested in hearing people's general and specific experiences, if they'll share.

-Thanks

Post Script:
    i've seen these threads:
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?65839
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?77390
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    tommy

Re: Dealing with The County (PRMD)

Dear Good Day,
    I think you're asking alot of gnarly questions that would take a long time to answer, and then it'd only be my opinoin or experience, & could be vastly different than what happens to you. Although I've fought them several times on specifics or my interpretation of the law versus their's, my experience with PRMD has always been that it's best to cooperate with them, find out what the issue is, seek information, tell the truth, and cover your ass accordingly.

They did come onto a property I own unannounced without prior notice, through a closed gate, after a complaint, so I can only assume they have that right. It's fair game for them to observe anything out of compliance, whether in the complaint or not. They're not stupid. They declined to enter a house that was tenant occupied, as notice to the tenant had not been given, so my sense is they can wander around the property, but need permission or prior notification to enter buildings.

I have found the best way is to simply ask PRMD or Code Enforcement the questions you pose. They have rules & guidelines & standard practices. I am happy to chat with you if you email me privately your phone no.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Factotum: View Post
    Good day,

I've just spent a fair bit of time searching Waccobb for posts regarding the average citizens advice for dealing with The County, Inspections, Code Violations, PRMD, et cetera. Honestly i thought threre'd be more people posting problems but i'm glad there are not :)
    I'm just curious, you know a friend of mine was wanting me to figure out some answers to questions for him.
    1. So what is The County Inspectors rights to access your property?
    2. What about after a complaint against you is filed?
    3a. Is the Inspector required to give notice?
    3b. If so how long prior to arrival?
    4a. Can an Inspector enter even through a closed gate?
    4b. Or past a 'No Trespassing' sign?
    4c. What about both?
    6. What kinds of things will the inspector be looking for?
    7a. What if the complaint is unfounded but there are other things around that are "not to code" or "in violation"?
    7b. As in are there things that the Inspector "has to see" even if they're not looking for them?
    7c. Or does a complaint open up the whole property to review?
    8. Do they treat rural properties different?
    9. Is there a difference between "The County" and "Health & Safety" or are they both PRMD?
    10. Lastly where is the retired County Inspector who is now consulting for property owners about County "issues"?

i'm also interested in hearing people's general and specific experiences, if they'll share.

-Thanks

Post Script:
    i've seen these threads:
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?65839
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?77390
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: