Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Recall Carillo
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Recall Carillo

Efren Carillo is proving to be a nightmare for Northern California! He shamelessly lied to voters to get elected and now he's voting on the side of big business and special interests. GET HIM OUT!!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: Recall Carillo

Quote Posted in reply to the post by eeeeeeow: View Post
    Efren Carillo is proving to be a nightmare for Northern California! He shamelessly lied to voters to get elected and now he's voting on the side of big business and special interests. GET HIM OUT!!!
    I really didn't follow the election that closely. Can you tell me please exactly what lies he told?

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    zenekar

I posted this view during the election campaign and reiterate here, Efren is an ambitious but impressionable young man and was financed and supported by the business community in Sonoma County. So, it shouldn't surprised anyone who paid attention to the campaign that Efren is now supporting business interests rather than his constituents in the 5th district. He also turned his back on the Latino community -- not being honest where he stood regarding immigration issues. Latinos voted for him because he's from the community and has a Spanish family name, even though Rue Firch was more knowledgable about the issues because she was always present and working for civil rights and justice for the Latino community and for the well being of all citizens and the environment.

As Supervisor, Efren is on the fence or on the wrong side re progressive issues because he owes his allegiance to those who paid for his campaign. Next time please look a bit deeper into who's behind the candidates and not be impressed by a candidate's rhetoric, which can be empty promises, or his age, looks, ethnicity, etc.

When people lead, leaders must follow.
    Attila

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

7. TopTop #4
    2Bwacco

Seriously, Efren the Junior appears to be supporting business interests over considerations for the West County's FUTURE.

These are grand mistakes and will have impact on the area long after we are all gone from this earth.

Perhaps we SHOULD initiate recall proceedings.

Does anyone know how this is done?

p.s. I voted for Rue Furch. She and Ernie Carpenter were present at hearings on the Wine Monstrosity to be built at Occidental and Hwy. 116. No Efren the Jr. was there (to my best recollection).

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #5
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

See Efren's letter in support of SB37 (Jared Huffman's Opt-Out of SmartMeter measure) here.

10. TopTop #6
    zenekar

The Smart Meters are one issue. There are several others where Efren is either teetering on the fence or on the wrong side. I don't think a recall will be realistic but we must watch him closely and hold his feet to the fire.

Attila

11. TopTop #7
    photolite

Tomcat asked zenekar to clarify his/her allegation that Efren lied. Still haven't seen a response here.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #8

Actually, I believe it was eeeeeeow who made the original post... but I am still waiting for a reply.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    Tomcat asked zenekar to clarify his/her allegation that Efren lied. Still haven't seen a response here.

14. TopTop #9
    boB Phelps

Quote Posted in reply to the post by zenekar: View Post
    The Smart Meters are one issue. There are several others where Efren is either teetering on the fence or on the wrong side. I don't think a recall will be realistic but we must watch him closely and hold his feet to the fire.

Attila
    Since his election, Mr Carillo has proven himself to be anything but the liberal he originally portrayed. He's voted consistently for pro-business & development. Most importantly, especially for a politician, he does not support the wishes of his constituents, nor does he respond to many of them. Although he wishes us the best of luck in our defense of the Smart Meter attack by P.G.& E. he will not involve himself on our behalf. Mr. Carillo has made many friends in the business community and they have the influence and financial support that he needs to further his career. Day in and day out, a Wolf in Sheeps clothing.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-01-2011 at 05:32 PM.

15. TopTop #10

Well Bob, I wasn't talking to you anyway, so why are you getting so nasty about it? It's never too late to educate. I just think that when folks paint someone as a lier, they ought to be able to articulate what lies they are talking about. Your agenda is obviously different than mine... Good luck with that.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by boB Phelps: View Post
    I'm not going to waste pages on providing you with a list of Mr. Carillo's broken promises, suffice it to say that minimal industrialization and development were part of it. But since you didn't care enough to follow the election, why do you care now? It's a bit late. Do your own research.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #11
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I'm not going to waste pages on providing you with a list of Mr. Carillo's broken promises, suffice it to say that minimal industrialization and development were part of it. But since you didn't care enough to follow the election, why do you care now? It's a bit late. Do your own research.
    Sorry but I think it's unfair for eeeeeeow to accuse Efren of "lying" without enumerating those instances.

My memory was that he made very few "promises" but instead tried to indicate his values. Aside from Dutra, which is a BIG one, he's been generally OK with me.

I think he has made the right call on the SmartMeter issue. It might be good politics, but it would be a waste of very scarce money to try to pass an unenforceable ordinance for Sonoma County.

18. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

19. TopTop #12
    photolite

boB Phelps wrote: I'm not going to waste pages on providing you with a list of Mr. Carillo's broken promises, suffice it to say that minimal industrialization and development were part of it. But since you didn't care enough to follow the election, why do you care now? It's a bit late. Do your own research.

Total cop out here. Nobody's asking for pages, only that if you make an allegation you be prepared to back it up with information, not just emotion. I DID follow the election and still the question hangs in the air. "Where's the beef?"

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #13
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    Total cop out here. Nobody's asking for pages, only that if you make an allegation you be prepared to back it up with information, not just emotion. I DID follow the election and still the question hangs in the air. "Where's the beef?"
    Once again, it was eeeeeeow who accused Efren of Lying, not boB.

22. TopTop #14
    photolite

Barry, I got that it was eeeeeeeow who made the original post but was responding to this person's remarks as well.

23. TopTop #15

I guess this depends on ones definition of constituents. lets take a look at Wikipedia:

"Depending on the context, another closely-related meaning of constituent is that of a citizen residing in the area governed, represented, or otherwise served by a politician; sometimes this is restricted to citizens who elected the politician. All the constituents who are registered to vote are referred to as the electorate."

so, lets take the restricted definition, all the people who voted for him. Within his district, there are probably a whole bunch of folks who are pro-business and development who voted for him. I would say they are probably pleased with his votes in that area. Lets also not forget that Efren's job is to represent ALL of the people in his district and do what he thinks is best after digesting all of the information.

Now, in west county there are probably a lot more conscious and progressive folk who feel let down by some of his votes and positions, but not all of them. In fact, have you ever met anyone who agrees with you on everything? I haven't. Not everyone is to the left in this area of the county, although we might think so in the crowd that we run with.

Being a politician is a tricky business. I wish Efren good health and a lot of luck doing the best job he can for all of us.

Since his election, Mr Carillo has proven himself to be anything but the liberal he originally portrayed. He's voted consistently for pro-business & development. Most importantly, especially for a politician, he does not support the wishes of his constituents, nor does he respond to many of them. Although he wishes us the best of luck in our defense of the Smart Meter attack by P.G.& E. he will not involve himself on our behalf. Mr. Carillo has made many friends in the business community and they have the influence and financial support that he needs to further his career. Day in and day out, a Wolf in Sheeps clothing.

24. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: