Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Just two years ago, U.S. circumcision rates were above 50%...

https://www.intactamerica.org

Only two years ago, approximately 55% of all American baby boys were circumcised at birth. But astonishingly, a recent report from the Centers for Disease Control shows that rate has fallen precipitously, to 33% in 2009! Thanks to your support, Intact America has been among the principal forces underlying the rising number of babies being left intact.

That is why I am writing: to ask you to make a generous, tax-deductible contribution to Intact America—to keep this trend moving in the right direction and save babies from needless suffering.

ACT NOW—DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT! Every dollar received by year-end will be matched by a donation from Intact America's board members, doubling the impact of your commitment.

Intact America has become the go-to source for the media for news, facts, and opinions related to intactivism. We broke the AAP "FGM-lite" story to the press. When we discovered the CDC data at the AIDS conference in Vienna, we publicized the extraordinary fact that being intact is the new normal—a story that was picked up across all media channels, including the New York Times! And at the AAP's recent conference in San Francisco, we spoke with hundreds of pediatricians, educating them about the normal foreskin and why they must stop circumcising babies.

Anybody who has seen a baby being circumcised—or who has seen a video of a baby being circumcised, or who knows what really happens in a circumcision—cannot contend that it’s okay to do this to a person who cannot consent. As I have said many times: if it’s inhumane to forcibly cut a girl’s genitals, it's equally inhumane to cut a boy's genitals.

Will you help us finally put an end to this unethical surgery, while we have momentum on our side? With your gift, matched by funds from our Board members, this is what we will do in 2011:

We'll continue to press the physician community.
    We'll continue to watchdog the CDC.
    We'll continue to appear at conferences, talk with the press, use the social networks, and write and co-author position papers.

We'll keep building alliances with health professionals, medical students and residents, scholars, celebrities, advocates, other intactivist organizations, and people in the legal profession who support our cause.
    YOU are the driving force behind all the progress we've made so far. That's why I am asking you to please give—and give generously—at a time when your donation will be matched dollar for dollar!

This holiday season, I am sure you are barraged with appeals for your hard-earned money. There are many worthy causes, and so you may ask, "Why Intact America?"

Here's why: because America is still cutting the genitals of defenseless infants. So, as you consider my appeal, I ask you to think about this:

In the few minutes it took you to read this letter, 10 baby boys—ten newborns who only hours ago left the safety of their mothers' wombs—were strapped into a hard plastic restraint, stripped and scrubbed, and set upon by a doctor who tore their naturally adhering foreskin away from the head of their penis, crushed it with a clamp, and cut it off. Painful, useless, unnecessary, destructive surgery, with lifetime consequences for the child—and, indeed, for all of us who allow this to continue.

I know you know it's wrong, and that it has to stop.

Every gift you make will be matched DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR—so give generously, and help us save more babies in 2011 from the unnecessary pain and disfigurement of circumcision. Check out our ad in the Washington Post to see the kinds of outreach we need to continue. Make your tax-deductible year-end gift now! Remember, your tax-deductible contribution received before December 31, 2010 will be matched dollar for dollar by Intact America's board members! Now is the time. Please give generously.

PLEASE HELP US MAKE IT STOP.

Thank you so much for being part of this important work. With your support, imagine how many more babies we can save!

Sincerely,

Georganne Chapin
    Executive Director, Intact America
    www.intactamerica.org
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: