Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    christyanthemum

Thank You to kind strangers who helped today when my car died!

A huge THANK YOU to all the kind strangers who helped me when my car died this afternoon at the intersection of Occidental and Gravenstein Hwy N in Sebastopol---the guy who stayed behind me with his flashers on and all the people who helped push me to the side... and thanks to my neighbors for coming to my rescue! Oh yeah, and AAA, thanks mom-in-law for the AAA membership!

"Strangers on this road we are on... we are not two, we are one..." --The Kinks
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Tom95472
    Supporting member

Re: Thank You to kind strangers who helped today when my car died!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by christyanthemum: View Post
    A huge THANK YOU to all the kind strangers who helped me when my car died this afternoon at the intersection of Occidental and Gravenstein Hwy N in Sebastopol---the guy who stayed behind me with his flashers on and all the people who helped push me to the side... and thanks to my neighbors for coming to my rescue! Oh yeah, and AAA, thanks mom-in-law for the AAA membership!

"Strangers on this road we are on... we are not two, we are one..." --The Kinks
    christyanthemum,
    I was person behind you with flashers. There was a lot of traffic so I didn't think it safe to get out of car - best just to call PD and CHP. I see AAA tow truck showed up a few minutes later.
    I am active (Board) member of Sebastopol Fire Department's CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) and we are trained to help out in situations like this - in such a way that we do not put ourselves at risk. Our group has trained 240 CERT people in the last several years - All go through eight three hour classes. It's a great program and has support of Sebastopol City government (Mayor Gurney is CERT graduate, Larry Robinson has almost completed).
    Glad to help. All the best,
    Tom

4. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

5. TopTop #3
    christyanthemum

Re: Thank You to kind strangers who helped today when my car died!

TOM! (Glad to put a name to your face / car, haha) Thank you sooooo much! My Dad is a first responder and firefighter and he always told me that it was best to stay in the car in such situations, which is what I did... frantically trying to get AAA there! My friends were stuck behind in the build-up of traffic, so I really appreciate you putting your flashers on behind me! What a crazy place for my alternator to completely die on me! :/ Well, again, thank you more than words can express! It is great to know that people like you are out there, willing to help. Best wishes to you!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." --Plato

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: