Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Smart Meters Being Installed

I live in SW Santa Rosa and the PG&E contractors came by today to install the new Smart Meters on my gas and electric meters.
    I told them I was on the 'do not install list' and they didn't seem to know anything about it.
    I told them I didn't want the new "updated meters" installed and they said "OK, but someone from PG&E will be by in a few weeks to talk to you".
    This will be interesting...
    Can I stop them?
    Do they have the right to enter my property?

People who were not home had NO CHOICE in the matter... It's a done deal for them.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Sabrina

Re: Smart Meters Being Installed

Hi tomcat,

I too am apposed to a smart meter being installed on my house. You should go to the EMF SAFETY NETWORK site for all health implications, and updated info on your rights in this matter and to connect with others who feel the same as you do. https://emfsafetynetwork.org/
    Also, several others have posted here on wacco their experiences and information they've gathered on how to say no to smart meters. Look up posts by members Melissa Weaver or Sandi Maurer ( I know Melissa is a member of Wacco, and i think Sandi is too.)
    I'm in downtown Santa Rosa and most all of my neighbors have their smart meters installed but I do not. I told PG&E many times I do not want it. It's important to continually tell them this including making calls to the CPUC complaining that you do not want this, that your upset about the idea of not having a choice, health concerns, etc. Also I was advised to put a sign on both meters stating to PG& E "DO NOT INSTALL SMART METER".
    Also, earlier on WaccoBB someone posted that we can call the police if someone comes on your land w/out permission, including a PG& E employee. Evidently the Sebastopol Police are willing to come out for this reason, so I don't see why the Santa Rosa police would be any different.
    We really need to say no to this smart meter, especially since now they got their results back positively for the accuracy of the machines. But I'm WAY more concerning about the health implications ~ I have no doubt they can get the machines to work "accurately", I just don't want the extra build up of RF in my environment.

3. TopTop #3
    2Bwacco

if you want PG&E electrical service, you sort of have to agree to let their personnel on your property to install and maintain the equipment (don't you think?) PG&E also has utility easements (especially if you live in a subdivision-type location).

i heard from a professional solar person that if you have solar panels you will NOT have a smartmeter installed...think about it, how can they get all that interconnected information coordinated?

feel free to confirm with any reputable solar companies...i'm thinking of installing a few panels for precisely this purpose

4. TopTop #4
    sharingwisdom

My friend is a police tech for the Santa Rosa police dept., and I asked her about the right to keep PG& E off property in Santa Rosa and Sonoma county around the smartmeter installation since someone had mentioned this for Sebastopol. Sandi Maurer posted the following on the google group for EMF safety since for some reason I cannot get into the site to post.

"I spoke with the Chief of Police of Sebastopol PD yesterday, Jeff Weaver, who is totally awesome to chat with. I informed him that I had some inquiries about the PGE Smart Meter situation and some references to how Sebastopol was handling the situation. Jeff was very knowledgable about how the issue came about for Seb. I questioned him on the PC (Probable Cause) to arrest a PGE or contract employee who is installing the meter and found out how to go about it.

Soooo, You (as a home owner) have the right to a Citizen's Arrest (CA) on any Tresspasser, including the smart meter installation people, which is a violation of 602 of the Penal Code. **Just note: Even though you have the right to a CA for 602PC, this does not mean that the individual is going to be carted off to jail, spend any time in jail, or even that the Citizen's Arrest is LEGAL by court standards. Thus, the CA may stave them off for that day, but it does not mean that they won't come back to attempt to install the meter at another time. Can you complete another CA each time - YES, but the same rules apply. Soooo, this tactic may work if only because PGE/contractors don't want to have to deal with the CA.

Lastly, Jeff said that PGE has most likely gotten whatever legal authority they need to enter each person's property to "update" THEIR equipment - called an Easement (or something like that). Look into it more and try contacting PGE regarding the CA for 602 PC on any person's entering your property for the install."

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sabrina: View Post
    Hi tomcat,

I too am apposed to a smart meter being installed on my house. You should go to the EMF SAFETY NETWORK site for all health implications, and updated info on your rights in this matter and to connect with others who feel the same as you do. https://emfsafetynetwork.org/
    Also, several others have posted here on wacco their experiences and information they've gathered on how to say no to smart meters. Look up posts by members Melissa Weaver or Sandi Maurer ( I know Melissa is a member of Wacco, and i think Sandi is too.)
    I'm in downtown Santa Rosa and most all of my neighbors have their smart meters installed but I do not. I told PG&E many times I do not want it. It's important to continually tell them this including making calls to the CPUC complaining that you do not want this, that your upset about the idea of not having a choice, health concerns, etc. Also I was advised to put a sign on both meters stating to PG& E "DO NOT INSTALL SMART METER".
    Also, earlier on WaccoBB someone posted that we can call the police if someone comes on your land w/out permission, including a PG& E employee. Evidently the Sebastopol Police are willing to come out for this reason, so I don't see why the Santa Rosa police would be any different.
    We really need to say no to this smart meter, especially since now they got their results back positively for the accuracy of the machines. But I'm WAY more concerning about the health implications ~ I have no doubt they can get the machines to work "accurately", I just don't want the extra build up of RF in my environment.

5. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

6. TopTop #5
    Sabrina

I'm actually not sure this is true that you do not need a smart meter with having solar installed. I've been to meetings where they are discussing how solar will be a part of the whole smart grid. That's why PG & E is supporting solar and giving rebates and what not, it's all part of their "smart" plan. Nothing at all wrong with solar, we want that, but not with the RF addition of smart meters being forced onto all our homes. Imagine if you're the person living in an apt. complex with the entire wall of smart meters at the back of your head behind the wall.

The other thing is it's very difficult if at all possible to have insurance coverage for your home or liability if their is a health issue that should arise from these smart meters. If you own rental property, ask your insurance co. if they will cover you in case of a liability law suit that could arise from a tenant with RF sensitivity. A friend who is a major developer and owns lots of rental property has found out that her insurance does not cover it, and she's looking into some possible very expensive alternative protection for her liability coverage that currently does not exist and may need to be created, if at all possible. Some say this could be the next "mold" liability type nightmare. PG& E says that they will not be liable for any health effects because they've been mandated by CPUC to install these smart meters. In a recent Press Democrat article https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...cles/100909857 PG& E mentions they are allowed to put up smart meters because CPUC approves it, but PG&E, in a recent meeting I attended stated that they were "MANDATED" by CPUC to install smart meters. If they were mandated than CPUC is responsible. However, CPUC wants to point to the FCC. The FCC's position is that they only "approved" the meters for safety, and did not require them. If you go to the EMF safety network site, again, here: https://emfsafetynetwork.org/ You will find tons of info on safety concerns and studies done around the world on RF radiation.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by 2Bwacco: View Post
    if you want PG&E electrical service, you sort of have to agree to let their personnel on your property to install and maintain the equipment (don't you think?) PG&E also has utility easements (especially if you live in a subdivision-type location).

i heard from a professional solar person that if you have solar panels you will NOT have a smartmeter installed...think about it, how can they get all that interconnected information coordinated?

feel free to confirm with any reputable solar companies...i'm thinking of installing a few panels for precisely this purpose

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #6
    The A Team
    Supporting Member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by 2Bwacco: View Post

Hi All,
    We are hoping to go solar to at least eliminate the electric smart meter unfortunately we'll still have one for gas though. We are in downtown Santa Rosa, we were told we had to have smart meter and could not refuse or wouldn't have service.
    Sabrina-I am surprised a sign worked for this, we were told some one would "come back later", they did spring up and slam a smart meter in- which then adjoining connections leaked gas so badly and they returned 2 mores times to re-plumb.
    Also, utility companies have a right to come onto property to "service" utilities.
    How great that Sebastopol police are helpful, SR police dept will openly mock you if you call in for a trespasser, unless it is serious business involving guns, B&E etc.
    good luck to all of us!
    Andrea