Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    pnicholson

US and Columbia Plan to Attack Venezuela

i have been dreading such an announcement, though i am surprised it has not already happened. whether they do it now or put it off for a while the thought of the US installing yet another death-squad dictator is unbearable, regardless of what one thinks of chavez.

once the US takes over the world, country by country, there will be no place to which one can expatriate. this imperial drive must be stopped.

saying is easier than doing, i know...but i often wonder if thousands, even millions of people visualized the same desire, every day, maybe at the same time every day, what could happen. at least as a first step, or stop-gap measure. technically, it should be doable.

US and Colombia Plan to Attack Venezuela

By Eva Golinger

URL of this article: www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20271

Global Research, July 26, 2010

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez denounced this Saturday US plans to attack his country and overthrow his government. During a ceremony celebrating the 227th birthday of Independence hero Simon Bolivar, Chavez read from a secret memo he had been sent from an unnamed source inside the United States.

“Old friend, I haven’t seen you in years. As I said to you in my three prior letters, the idea remains the generation of a conflict on your western border”, read Chavez from the secret missive.

“The latest events confirm all, or almost all, of what those here discussed as well as other information that I have obtained from above”, the letter continued.

“The preparation phase in the international community, with the help of Colombia, is in plain execution”, manifested the text, referring to last Thursday’s session in the Organization of American States (OAS), during which the Colombia government accused Venezuela of harboring “terrorists” and “terrorist training camps” and gave the Chavez government a “30-day ultimatum” to allow for international intervention.

The letter continued with more details, “I told you before that the events wouldn’t begin before the 26th, but for some reason they have moved forward several actions that were supposed to be executed afterward”.

“In the United States, the execution phase is accelerating, together with a contention force, as they call it, towards Costa Rica with the pretext of fighting drug trafficking”.

On July 1, the Costan Rican government authorized 46 US war ships and 7,000 marines into their maritime and land territory.

The true objective of this military mobilization, said the letter, is to “support military operations” against Venezuela.

ASSASSINATION AND OVERTHROW

“There is an agreement between Colombia and the US with two objectives: one is Mauricio and the other is the overthrow of the government”, revealed the document. President Chavez explained that “Mauricio” is a pseudynom used in these communications.

“The military operation is going to happen”, warned the text, “and those from the north will do it, but not directly in Caracas”.

“They will hunt ‘Mauricio’ down outside Caracas, this is very important, I repeat, this is very important”.

President Chavez revealed that he had received similar letters from the same source alerting him to dangerous threats. He received one right before the capture of more than 100 Colombian paramilitaries in the outskirts of Caracas that were part of an assassination plan against the Venezuelan head of state, and another in 2002, just days before the coup d’etat that briefly outsted him from power. “The letter warned of snipers and the coup”, explained Chavez, “and it was right, the information was true, but we were unable to act to prevent it”.

US MILITARY EXPANSION

This information comes on the heels of the decision last Thursday to break relations between Colombia and Venezuela, made by President Chavez after Colombia’s “show” in the OAS.

read rest of article here:
    US and Colombia Plan to Attack Venezuela
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Tars

Re: US and Columbia Plan to Attack Venezuela

Yes, it's true. The warmonger in chief, and all of his dupes in congress, have decided that Chavez must go. We'll get to Venezuela as soon as we're done invading Iran and North Korea.

It's really Hugo's fault. He ignored the bumper sticker:

3. TopTop #3
    pnicholson

Re: US and Columbia Plan to Attack Venezuela

that sucks. it was his best quality.

Quote It's really Hugo's fault. He ignored the bumper sticker:

[/quote]