Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Emergency vehicles on Hwy. 12 Friday morning?

I was headed to Santa Rosa via Hwy. 12 this morning at about 10:15 when the cars in front of me pulled over. This was just before the gas station. One motorcycle officer came through, lights and sirens going, and then another. After a bit of a wait, a huge number of other emergency vehicles, some from out of town, some possibly vintage, passed, all with lights flashing and signals blaring. There were at least 30, not counting the motorcycles.

I thought perhaps it was a funeral but I did not see a hearse.

Does anyone know what was up?

There's no problem--I'm simply curious.

Thanks much.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    LenInSebastopol

Re: Emergency vehicles on Hwy. 12 Friday morning?

I got caught to. Went and asked a cop: fundraiser, for some Burn Festival or something like that. Every departmental fire station from Marin and Sonoma and quite a few ambulances went through town; seemed to take about 2 minutes, all whirligiging and such. Took care of biz in town, went South and they were STILL trecking along down 116 and left on Stony Point.

3. TopTop #3
    Claire

they were up in healdsburg this morning.

4. TopTop #4
    Shazam

We saw them wending their way up Hessel Road off Hwy 116--it was scary to think of the need for so many emergency vehicles in one neighborhood.

But the PD (Empire News section) this morning reports thaat "Firefighters Roll Out for Burn Victims" and states that the procession of fire engines from across twocounties collected funding and provided recognition of a foundation for burn victims. They went from station to station in Sonoma County, then on down to Marin.

Shazam

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post
    I was headed to Santa Rosa via Hwy. 12 this morning at about 10:15 when the cars in front of me pulled over. This was just before the gas station. One motorcycle officer came through, lights and sirens going, and then another. After a bit of a wait, a huge number of other emergency vehicles, some from out of town, some possibly vintage, passed, all with lights flashing and signals blaring. There were at least 30, not counting the motorcycles.

Thanks much.

5. TopTop #5
    kayla

We saw an armored vehicle going back and forth on Starr Road near Windsor yesterday. A SWAT team clad fellow poked his head out the top at one point. What IS this. K

6. TopTop #6
    Karen

I saw a similar thing in Rohnert Park...not sure which day or time. The procession went through cotati, too. maybe it's about measure E?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by oliviathunderkitty: View Post

Thanks much.