Hello!
I’m 36 and have had RA for 34 years. I’ve often shied away from support groups, feeling that focusing on the negative brings us down. So to try to put a spin on it…..I’m putting together an activity group for people who have this common bond of RA/autoimmune/pain conditions who want to share common interests that bring us joy and expand our lives.

I love to cook/bake healthy (mostly non-inflammatory) food, bike ride, garden, learn about rocks, speak French, sing, do yoga, laugh, watch funny movies, do laughter yoga (do you see a theme here?) and Pilates. If you share any of these interests, would like to bring your own interests, and would like to join a group where it’s understood that “yeah I’d love to go bike riding today!” might mean just 1 mile, not 20…..then this group is for you!! Can’t get on a bike at all? Maybe we'll take flying lessons!

While this group will be focusing on the positive, certainly if one day you need to vent, there will be space for that. It is part of the reality. But then we move on, and pull out that funny movie! Or take that 45 second walk! HA HA!

So while I believe in mind over matter and have had personal concrete experiences in which simply changing my attitude has bettered how my body feels, this won't be about blame or denial.

This group's focus is about being compassionately (to ourselves and others, to our fears, hopes, and varied physical limits), expansively and actively involved in the best of life. The things that bring us joy. And a resource for each other.
Looking forward to meeting you.