Hi All,

I am in the process of developing my own chiropractic/bodywork technique and am collecting data, photos and testimonials. I'm so excited about this that I want to share it with the world! If this research goes the way I think it will, I plan to do an instructional DVD and perhaps write a book.

I am not currently in practice and haven't been for 13 years. However, I am considering starting again at some point in the future. I decided it would be a shame to take this information to my grave. This is not an advertisement of my services to build a practice. It is to support me in creating an amazing technique to teach a variety of bodyworkers and doctors and maybe, in the future, use it myself if or when I reopen my practice.

As a chiropractor, I have focused first on joint alignment involving ligaments. I am now evaluating the role of chronic muscle and fascia problems and their role in pulling or holding the joints out of place, creating fixations (areas of blocked motion) and making the condition very difficult to actually resolve, which in turn means lots of treatments over time.

Most doctors and bodyworkers focus on releasing chronically tight muscles and fascia. I also am working to turn on the circuit breakers which are actually nerves that are located in the center of each muscle and in the tendons. They give feedback directly tothe brain regarding muscle position and tone. These circuits can be shut off due to repetitive stress, injuries, poor posture etc. and activating them by stimulating specific points can often allow for dramatic and immediate effects on spinal alignment, posture, and muscle spasms and tension. We may never know that specific muscles are weak because all movements require more than one muscle working in harmony and when one is weak, the others take over. Sometimes this can been seen with visually observed postural imbalances and uneven muscle development even if a person is working out and feels they are strong.

If you have chronic arm pain, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, neck pain, headaches (migraines welcome), shoulder , hip problems, visual posture and muscle development imbalances (scoliosis welcome) and more.
I seem to be able to correct or greatly improve scoliosis conditions, particularly in kids, therefore, kids are welcome.If you have been experiencing a muscle or spine problem that no one seems to be able to correct, are perpetually tight or are scheduled for surgery, I'm particularly interested. For now, I would like to work with chronic conditions that have been there for more than three months and are not currently swollen or flared up.

I welcome chiropractors, and bodyworkers because it would be great to get your opinions. You can also bring a difficult client and observe.

I am looking for a few people to do this work on so I can monitor the results. It may involve photos and documentation during the treatment. If you have great results, I would also love a testimonial (with initials only). It will be an informal setting. Great results should only take a few sessions.

My request is for right now only, is that you be slender, athletic or with only a little extra weight in the areas of involvement. This is because while this technique is in development, I need to clearly feel the actual muscles I'm working on. Extra weight makes this much harder. If it is a neck problem, this won't necessarily apply. However, neck problems often stem from an imbalance somewhere else.

READ CAREFULLY: If you are interested, Please email me and describe your condition. Include how long it has been there, what caused it to the best of your knowledge and how it is effecting you. Also, if you have had a CT scan, MRI or x-rays, please include the findings to the best of your knowledge. Include your name, sex, height, weight, general body tone and what treatments you have had in the past and by whom (if you are comfortable saying) along with the results from treatment. This must be included in your email to be considered.

I developed a busy practice for ten years in SF which included a Pilates studio, massage, acupuncture, physical therapy and have been the company doctor for several high profile companies and performing arts theatres. I was a Disability Examiner for the state of California as well as the solo chiropractic referral for St. Francis Sports Medicine Center in SFduring most of the years I was in practice.

I'm very excited about this project. I'd love to hear from you if you are interested. There will be no charge for the sessions. Hopefully, I will be looking for a few people that would be willing to be my patient in the DVD.
In case I receive a large response, I will email back only the people that I want to see now. Please don't take it personally as I am being selective for my first group. I will keep the rest of the emails so if I need to I can continue to see more folks as time goes on.

All information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be passed on to anyone else without your written consent.

Thank you,
Jody Potiker

[email protected]